Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Totally stock one

My mil don't know anything one

But cooking, dman solid

Not that I know much about cars, can go point a b can already :XD: but cheap can already

maybe is a sleeper.... 0~100 in less than 5s

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

​Think depends on driver incentives ba. Grab from what I know have a lot of incentives driving peak hours. So many grab drivers just chiong peak hours and rest during off peak.

​As compared to Uber, the incentives is not that much. Like for me, I prefer to drive from 4 or 5 am to 5pm than pang kang. Believe many uber driver also do that.

​So off peak more uber cars and thus cheaper..

My uber incentive getting lower by the weeks. I think too many drivers and they don't care too much about keeping the old birds.

They just keep harping on referrals for new drivers.

• Praise 1

My uber incentive getting lower by the weeks. I think too many drivers and they don't care too much about keeping the old birds.

too many driver? i thought is lesser hence took longer to get one and higher price.

• Praise 2

maybe is a sleeper.... 0~100 in less than 5s

Cannot be lah

That time buy only 40k inclusive coe

Somemore mil is a accident magnet

Very dangerous one :XD:

• Praise 1

No wonder most uber drivers are always new de, cause seldom have uber drivers would stay very long with uber.

Ya.. To me incentive is a bonus, I calculated based on fare without incentive. The rest incentive is extra money for me to save. So okay la.

I think as a whole grab have more drivers. Uber still have business as there many an moh, fillipino, Indian, prc who will take uber. Whereas a lot Singaporeans prefer grab.

Based on the rider I picked up.. About 40% are an moh.. Those who complained about the Honda vazel fire issue and say will boycott Uber, I think they themselves already prefer grab and had been using grab instead of Uber. So make no much difference. The call still come in quite fast and sometimes back to back.

Edited by Yewheng

Lucky I'm out already, not driving liao.  [:p]

Now I'm the passenger. And I mostly use Grab. Got better discounts. Plus their rewards programme is pretty good, can use to claim more discount.

Uber gives you f** all. Only once in a while promo code nia.

Turbocharged

serve them right for not accepting job.

=======================================

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/some-cabbies-upset-by-grab-suspension

Some cabbies upset by Grab suspension

PUBLISHEDAUG 9, 2017, 5:00 AM SGT

Firm says they rejected bulk of booking jobs; drivers say fares too low, pick-up spots too far
Adrian LimTransport Correspondent 
Some taxi drivers are up in arms after ride-hailing app Grab temporarily suspended them from receiving passenger bookings through its platform.

While Grab said this was because they had rejected the bulk of booking jobs, resulting in longer waiting times for passengers, the drivers claimed that the fares for the given trips were too low, or the pick-up points were too far away.

The ongoing exercise, which started two weeks ago, involved at least 780 cabbies who were hit with a two-week suspension.

Those affected failed to accept at least 15 per cent of the booking jobs assigned to them after being reminded a few times to do so. They were also given a week to improve before the suspension.

It is believed to be the first time Grab has suspended drivers. While Grab did not penalise drivers previously, those who did not maintain a good acceptance rate were not entitled to bonuses.

Taxi driver Elliot Lin, 32, who was barred from July 31, said about half of his earnings come from Grab bookings, and he used to accept 60 to 70 per cent of the jobs. He has been using Grab for about a year.

But they have become "impractical" in recent weeks, Mr Lin said. For instance, he was directed to go to Bedok to pick up a passenger during the morning rush hour while he was in Loyang.

Fares determined by the app were too low at times, he added. An example was a $5 job in the evening that required him to travel into the Central Business District to pick up a passenger, incurring a $3 Electronic Road Pricing fee, and leaving him with just $2.

A 45-year-old cabby, who asked to be identified only as Mr Ong, blamed Grab's JustGrab service, which it launched in March.

JustGrab pools taxis and private- hire cars, and sends the nearest one to passengers. The fares can rise according to demand, but are based on the GrabCar private-hire service's rate, which has a base amount of $2.50 and a per kilometre rate of 50 cents - cheaper than taxi rates. Grab also takes a 10 per cent cut.

"I am doing more jobs and working more hours for less money, so I started choosing the bookings," said Mr Ong.

GrabTaxi Singapore head Melvin Vu said fewer than 3 per cent of cabbies on its platform fail to meet the 15 per cent acceptance rate.

There are about 26,000 taxis on the roads here.

Mr Vu said the Grab app finds passengers the nearest driver, and cabbies have 15 seconds to accept the job, after which it gets passed on to the next closest available driver.

"This prolongs the wait time for passengers, causing a terrible experience, and hinders the chances of another driver getting the booking - and earning an income from it," he said.

Cabby Michael Ng, 52, accepts most of Grab's jobs and can earn bonuses of between $100 to $300. For example, he said that for fulfilling 90 bookings during the peak hours in a week, he gets $270.

"There are hardly people standing on the street (flagging down taxis). Would you rather ply the streets or take $5 rides, which are sometimes back to back?" he said.

National Taxi Association executive adviser Ang Hin Kee said cabbies should turn off their Grab app if they are not willing to take up jobs offered to them, instead of keeping passengers waiting. "But I will speak with Grab to enhance their engagement with cabbies so such cases will be addressed," he said.

20663606_10213164349850566_2052591104393

• Praise 1

serve them right for not accepting job.

If what the cabby says is true, then I don't think you can say serves them right.

But they have become "impractical" in recent weeks, Mr Lin said. For instance, he was directed to go to Bedok to pick up a passenger during the morning rush hour while he was in Loyang.

Fares determined by the app were too low at times, he added. An example was a $5 job in the evening that required him to travel into the Central Business District to pick up a passenger, incurring a $3 Electronic Road Pricing fee, and leaving him with just $2.

Like this of course won't take la.

Turbocharged

If what the cabby says is true, then I don't think you can say serves them right.

If UBER driver can accept fare without knowing the destination, why GRAB cant use the same system.

Pawn all drivers gao gao. Dont give them a chance to choose fares 

• Praise 1

In a way, they are still choosing passengers isn't it?

Those driving PHV will also kenna ma.

If they don't want to take Grab rides then don't use the app during that period. Go and ply the streets for flag down rides.

Edited by Fcw75

One thing good about Uber is that Uber will pay for erp and sentosa troll charges if drivers received the call to pick up pax. 

Uber have a lot higher acceptance rate is because, Uber driver will not be able to see pax drop off location until the driver click start trip. So that's the difference. 

• Praise 1

If UBER driver can accept fare without knowing the destination, why GRAB cant use the same system.

Pawn all drivers gao gao. Dont give them a chance to choose fares 

Can can. Of course can.

But if there's no reasonable profit to be made, you think the system is sustainable? 

Can can. Of course can.

But if there's no reasonable profit to be made, you think the system is sustainable? 

Actually can earn profit for short trip la. Coz there will be mix of short and long trip. So it's still okay one. 

I also got pick up pax drop off location is at Tuas south, end up after drop off I have to drive about 15minutes out before got call come in. End of the day still earn leh. 

uber system also not that good, I had few booking that waiting time can be 4min and slowly increase to 6-8min.

Once the driver told me he was still had a passenger in his car but uber already send him my booking, he has to take and let me wait till he drop off the passenger.

15 per cent damn good already. Uber is 80 per cent hor.

But of course Uber don't allow you to select destination, so you die die have to accept, if not go offline.

uber system also not that good, I had few booking that waiting time can be 4min and slowly increase to 6-8min.

Once the driver told me he was still had a passenger in his car but uber already send him my booking, he has to take and let me wait till he drop off the passenger.

Is like that one. Grab also.

Their rationale is they don't want the driver to wait and cruise around for passenger. So got booking immediately assign to nearest driver.

15 per cent damn good already. Uber is 80 per cent hor.

But of course Uber don't allow you to select destination, so you die die have to accept, if not go offline.

Is like that one. Grab also.

Their rationale is they don't want the driver to wait and cruise around for passenger. So got booking immediately assign to nearest driver.

Maybe at the point where he was is the nearest, but he has to go 5km of opposite direction to drop the current passenger then come back to pick you.

Actually can earn profit for short trip la. Coz there will be mix of short and long trip. So it's still okay one. 

I also got pick up pax drop off location is at Tuas south, end up after drop off I have to drive about 15minutes out before got call come in. End of the day still earn leh. 

If it is on a weekday, even drop off is at tuas south still can find call eventually de. But if drop off on a weekends then good luck liao. Lol.

Edited by 13177
↡ Advertisement