Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

$5 off from Grab is useful for short trips.

20 x $5 off for my number. Go here and there use grab.

Uber, u get $2 off consider very good liao.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

$5 off from Grab is useful for short trips.

20 x $5 off for my number. Go here and there use grab.

Uber, u get $2 off consider very good liao.

Those $5 off promo usually is useful for short trips during off peak hours and there is no high surcharge of fare.

He was a uber drivers and so I believe him, he should know it better.

If so easy to earn $30 bucks, he will not be a "was an Uber driver". Then again, dream big is always good.

Nonsense. Those jam during peak hours will bring you back to square one.

Really depends.. Sometimes surge is very high 1 trip can earn 20bucks 1 trip and travel time only 30minutes..

Just a snapshot on possible earnings during peak hours.. 

post-14834-0-67847800-1504088732_thumb.png

Really depends.. Sometimes surge is very high 1 trip can earn 20bucks 1 trip and travel time only 30minutes..

Screenshot_20170830-182434.png

I think the occasional high surge fare would not be surprising. Your snapshot is in line with what most drivers earn on average.

The average of 27 per hour here leaves the driver about $21 per hour after 20%? Drive 3-4hours should be able to cover fuel and rental. And of course there are still incentives that are not added in here.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20170830-182434.png

Thanks for sharing.

Unlike some people who just say it is nonsense without any basis  [hur]

I think the occasional high surge fare would not be surprising. Your snapshot is in line with what most drivers earn on average.

The average of 27 per hour here leaves the driver about $21 per hour after 20%? Drive 3-4hours should be able to cover fuel and rental. And of course there are still incentives that are not added in here.

That is after the 20% Uber take.

Really depends.. Sometimes drive 3-4hrs during peak hours get only 50plus, sometimes can get 90plus.

But average out is around 70plus.

This morning I drive 4.5 hr for $135.

This is after uber's commision, but not taking into account fuel and rental.

Yeap, it depends on your luck also.

But roughly about $20~$25 per hour average.

trial (honeymoon) period for passenger is over, the fare is back to normal closer to taxi rate, where taxi company own app also getting more attractive, and easier to flag down taxi on the road. Everyone should be happy   [laugh]

If so easy to earn $30 bucks, he will not be a "was an Uber driver". Then again, dream big is always good.

"Easy" is subjective. You really have to commit to driving those hours. But the fact is if you know how to strategise you really can earn quite a bit in just a few hours.

I stopped driving because it was too stressful. You meet all sorts of f**ked up people, sometimes make your blood boil. In the long run not good for health.

• Praise 3

seriously nowadays people very willing to spend

$10++ to $20 per trip

when i was young, my mum told me don't take taxi unless emergency as fare is very expensive

till now i still don't take taxi for personal travel unless there is a real emergency and no uber/grab apps on my phone

• Praise 1

seriously nowadays people very willing to spend

$10++ to $20 per trip

when i was young, my mum told me don't take taxi unless emergency as fare is very expensive

till now i still don't take taxi for personal travel unless there is a real emergency and no uber/grab apps on my phone

trial (honeymoon) period for passenger is over, the fare is back to normal closer to taxi rate, where taxi company own app also getting more attractive, and easier to flag down taxi on the road. Everyone should be happy   [laugh]

Ya. Uber and grab very successful make people used to the app, even if the fare is more expensive then taxi they still take uber to grab. 

Edited by Yewheng

Received emails from a YOC Research claiming to be partnering Uber to do a survey and receive a $25 Visa gift card.

Looks dodgy to me so trashed the email.

• Praise 1

27 private-hire car drivers caught violating laws on decals, licence
PUBLISHED: 4:00 AM, SEPTEMBER 5, 2017 UPDATED: 7:09 AM, SEPTEMBER 5, 2017

decal1_read-only_2.jpg?itok=_9b_jUiL

SINGAPORE — In the first month after new regulations kicked in for private-hire car drivers to display car decals to identify themselves, the authorities have already caught 23 drivers flouting these requirements. They had obscured, altered or not displayed the decals, The Land Transport Authority (LTA) said yesterday.

Four other drivers drove without a Private Hire Car Driver’s Vocational Licence (PDVL), or a concession letter that allows them to pick up passengers while they wait to get a licence. The LTA also said that in the first seven months of this year, 526 private-hire cars have been caught parking or stopping at taxi stands, with 131 cases in July alone.

From July 1, all private-hire cars which provide chauffeured services — including those using ride-hailing apps such as Grab or Uber — must display a pair of tamper-evident decals on the front and back windscreen of their vehicles, to allow for easier identification of registered private-hire cars. This also helps to facilitate enforcement against offences, such as unregistered cars providing chauffeured services, or private-hire cars picking up passengers by street-hail.

By the end of July, about 42,000 chauffeur-driven private-hire cars have been affixed with the authorised decals, the LTA said yesterday. The decals, being tamper-evident, will show the word “void” once they are put up. However, TODAY reported last month that a seller on e-market Carousell was charging S$30 to help drivers “modify” the decals such that they become removable and the word “void” would not be seen.

For not displaying the decals, or defacing, altering, covering or obscuring them, first-time offenders may be fined up to S$1,000, or be jailed up to three months, or both. Repeat offenders may be fined up to S$2,000 or be jailed up to six months, or both. The same penalties apply to drivers who provide chauffeured services without having a PDVL or a concession letter from the LTA, or if they stop or park at taxi stands or accept street-hails.

For defacing, altering, covering or obscuring of decals and providing chauffeured services without either a PDVL or concession letter, offenders may also have their PDVL revoked or concession letter withdrawn and their existing PDVL applications rejected.

still got people trying to hide the decal??  so scare to be seen in driving U/G?

still got people trying to hide the decal??  so scare to be seen in driving U/G?

lose face mah

dunno wat they want...really