Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

No figures to show but just talked 9k is talk for the sake of talking. Net off everything comes to between 5 and 7 k is the real figures depending on how long a PHD goes online. Earning before deduction of new bird to old bird PHD goes from $18 to $35 an hr, including incentives. Use this figure multiply by hr and one gets the gross figures. This is a no Brainer. Taxi earns around there too, so no need to big Canon. Oh yes, it hurts when truth are revealed. That's life.

Edited by Nothingtodo
↡ Advertisement

9k is before car rental, petrol and etc. After deduct off should be around 5plus to 6plus k. 

9k after deducting, petrol, car rental etc, will get around 5plus to 6plus k, depending whether is it high 9k or low 9k. ( I believe it will be more likely to be in low 9k range, as I drive 12hrs a day including incentives and etc total earnings is about 7kplus close to 8k, so if he drive 14hrs a day figure should be around there low 9k)  

One thing bad about grab and Uber driver is that the tax is based on net earnings and we will not be able to use car rental and petrol as deductible. Imagine every month car rental 2kplus, petrol 800plus. 12 months is actually a lot.. Around 30plus k. Those are non deductible.. 

Even deducted all expenses, the take home earning around 5-6k is consider quite a lot le. As not many people is earning such salary lo.

maybe got passenger give tips, a lot of tips from foreigner if they opt for cash payment.

I pay tips when using Grab/Uber in msia, like i will pay RM10 for RM5 trip   [laugh]  [laugh]

Even deducted all expenses, the take home earning around 5-6k is consider quite a lot le. As not many people is earning such salary lo.

It's the equivalent of a 3.5-5k salary because no CPF and no insurance+medical benefits+bonus

Ya, but must consider everyday drive long hours. Never drive or go holiday also need to pay car rental. Plus when come submit for income tax, we cannot use car rental and petrol as expenses. So end up income tax is calculate based on earnings before deducting rental and petrol which work out to be quite a lot.  

It's the equivalent of a 3.5-5k salary because no CPF and no insurance+medical benefits+bonus

Yup around that figure. 

• Praise 1

maybe got passenger give tips, a lot of tips from foreigner if they opt for cash payment.

I pay tips when using Grab/Uber in msia, like i will pay RM10 for RM5 trip   [laugh]  [laugh]

Ya. Last time my dad ever drive some angmo passengers when his driver on MC, they usually give between $50-$100 tip per trip. Ask him use the money buy toys for his kids. Lol.

Ya. Last time my dad ever drive some angmo passengers when his driver on MC, they usually give between $50-$100 tip per trip. Ask him use the money buy toys for his kids. Lol.

I believe angmo give tip generously. I sat in one taxi before and the taxi driver told me he received $20-50 dollar tip from angmo passengers before.

You can earn $9k, but you gotta slog like a dog every day.

At least 12 hrs of driving everyday, if you want to hit $300 per day.

And when you have not enough rest or sleep, you hit something, all your money is gone.

Otherwise, your health will suffer, hospitalization means all your hard-earned money is gone too.

And then you have to pay for the car (rental or otherwise) and the petrol.

• Praise 3

And when you have not enough rest or sleep, you hit something, all your money is gone.

Otherwise, your health will suffer, hospitalization means all your hard-earned money is gone too.

Definitely. Want to earn a lot, must drive and suffer a lot also.

Yup. My dad used to drive from 6am to 4pm everyday just to take home 6-7k a month after deducting all his costs. No MC, CPF or leave.

But he drives for grab/uber can earn around $9000, this is really high income sia.

There are many who quit their job as civil servants or moonlighting as U/G, just look tab their eyes like Panda bear and U know what I mean . . . $9K a month damn shiok, when thy are much older, chronic disease comes into play if thy don't take care of their health.

There are many who quit their job as civil servants or moonlighting as U/G, just look tab their eyes like Panda bear and U know what I mean . . . $9K a month damn shiok, when thy are much older, chronic disease comes into play if thy don't take care of their health.

Work hard and long hours usually is for youngsters, when a person gets older, better dont work so hard and long hours. Body might not able to take it in long run.

• Praise 1

Work hard and long hours usually is for youngsters, when a person gets older, better dont work so hard and long hours. Body might not able to take it in long run.

Actually it's not really good in general for anyone. Sitting for long hours is unhealthy, and so is over-exertion without adequate rest. Must know how to pace yourself and not overwork.

For those who are driving, I hope you guys take care of yourselves. When I went to see doctor when I was driving Uber, he advised me to take regular breaks and also if possible, cut down on the caffeine. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1