Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

I always find grab same as like last time those taxi driver, can choose and pick the passenger they want. Esp if you use grabcar, both taxi and car can accept rider request. So still got chance to bump onto those taxi driver. Uber is far better as driver cannot see the destination.

Recently i also quite pissed off with grab. I requested grabcar and one taxi driver accepted my ride. After i boarded the taxi and tell the taxi driver to go the route that i want, he told me the route is further and dont want to use that route, and told me the fare you are paying is already low, i dont want to waste my time taking longer route. If the taxi is by meter, i believe that taxi driver confirmed dont mind taking a longer route. Looks like taxi driver mindset really cmi, until today they still very choosy where and what they want to do and go.

Fix fare cannot choose route period. Those drivers that follow your longer route is purely on their own decision. You want cheap ride, so do taxi or PHD needs to earn a living. Ask yourself if your employer ask you do overtime include holidays and weekends without additional pay, will you continue working for him or her?
↡ Advertisement

one was east coast road, driver took the booking and on the way to drop off passenger, after 5min he just messaged 'I'm here' and canceled and full amount was charged to my account. I was looking at the apps and he just dropped off the passenger. Wrote in complain via the app and got reply within 5min to waive the charges.

One was on a raining day going to clementi, he cancel the booking after 2min but no impose charges. Edit: just check my history, I was charged the full fare again, just wrote in again [mad]

It works both ways. Both allow to cancel each other if condition not right. Nothing wrong with that. As for charges applied to your account even when you did not take the ride, it's app issue.

I don't know about grab.. But for Uber, we driver have can select do not charge rider when we driver cancel on rider. So if any of the Uber driver message rider and ask rider to cancel the ride for whatever reason, the rider can actually wrote in to complain.

The do not charge rider is there for a reason, like your case, Tyre puncture. Or sway sway, met onto accident halfway when on the way to pick up rider or any other reasons, it's not fair to put cancelation charge to rider.

I have select do not charge rider too many times already. All of the time is really bo Bian. Like when I received the ping, it put 10minutes, I accept it. Skally I passed the traffic light as it's too late to turn left. The GPS then calculate the time to reach now become 15 minutes. I feel it's not too right to let rider wait for so long so I cancel with do not charge rider. Max for myself is 10minutes. There are also case where, when reach the location, don't know where exactly is the rider even after on phone talking to the person, I have no choice but to cancel with do not charge rider.

One thing bad about Uber app is that the app will give ping to driver when driver is still on the way to drop off another rider that is say 10minutes. The app will based on the route timing, but will never consider the timing that driver have to drive to basement carpark to drop off rider, collect cash, go into guardhouse, all these may take additional 2 to 5 minutes, end up become 15 minutes. Then nevermind, driver can don't accept right? But if driver don't accept will affect the acceptance rate.

Grab drivers are penalized via rating drop every time they canceled a job, Similar to Uber. However, for Grab, their ratings do affect them achieving their incentives. As for Uber, it affects the time in getting the next call after cancelation.

I wonder what disincentive they kena, if they "cannot meet the time" ?

With uber driver, don't really care. Just accept job first, finish drop off, then continue to next pick up.

If rider cancel for any reason, so be it.

With Uberpool, the cancellation is disruptive. Pick up 1st rider, on the way to his destination, 2nd ping comes in, system auto-add, gps auto re-route.

Then 2nd rider cancel. Gps left in a wrong direction going towards 2nd rider. Then need to check uber app again and re-route to 1st rider destination. So uberpool cancellation is really disruptive.

Many times, you were heading in the opposite direction on a semi or expressway and you need to make a big loop, when the 2nd rider calls and then cancel. So I was doing the Braddell Rd semi-expressway loops and loops, bcuz of that.

I would cancel the ride if the loop is too ridiculous.

Fix fare cannot choose route period. Those drivers that follow your longer route is purely on their own decision. You want cheap ride, so do taxi or PHD needs to earn a living. Ask yourself if your employer ask you do overtime include holidays and weekends without additional pay, will you continue working for him or her?

It means if fixed fare cannot choose route and driver must follow the GPS route or the route driver likes to take ah? Even if GPS points to a longer route? How about if fixed fare which doesnt include ERP, and rider dont want to pay for the ERP and ask driver to take another route to avoid ERP gantry also cannot? I understand for grab, the fare show on the apps doesnt include any ERP charges de, unlike uber the fare show on apps included ERP charges.

Edited by 13177

I don't know about grab.. But for Uber, we driver have can select do not charge rider when we driver cancel on rider. So if any of the Uber driver message rider and ask rider to cancel the ride for whatever reason, the rider can actually wrote in to complain.

The do not charge rider is there for a reason, like your case, Tyre puncture. Or sway sway, met onto accident halfway when on the way to pick up rider or any other reasons, it's not fair to put cancelation charge to rider.

I have select do not charge rider too many times already. All of the time is really bo Bian. Like when I received the ping, it put 10minutes, I accept it. Skally I passed the traffic light as it's too late to turn left. The GPS then calculate the time to reach now become 15 minutes. I feel it's not too right to let rider wait for so long so I cancel with do not charge rider. Max for myself is 10minutes. There are also case where, when reach the location, don't know where exactly is the rider even after on phone talking to the person, I have no choice but to cancel with do not charge rider.

One thing bad about Uber app is that the app will give ping to driver when driver is still on the way to drop off another rider that is say 10minutes. The app will based on the route timing, but will never consider the timing that driver have to drive to basement carpark to drop off rider, collect cash, go into guardhouse, all these may take additional 2 to 5 minutes, end up become 15 minutes. Then nevermind, driver can don't accept right? But if driver don't accept will affect the acceptance rate.

Hmm, is this a new feature? The do not charge rider thing. I didn't see it when I was driving leh.

One thing for sure, if you want to go longer route, make sure the arrival timing and the exact drop off location is not too far off from the original drop off location that you selected. If let's say one of it is not fulfilled, it will not be fix fare. The fare will be based on distance and also the timing that is stationary. Then the longer distance will be more expensive then the shorter distance..

The thing I noticed is that Grab's fare is round number ($12, $20 etc), so if there's a slight deviation the fare won't really be affected.

Whereas Uber's fare is exact ($12.14, $20.53 etc), so if there's deviation from the route the adjustment is noticeable.

Anyway, when I was driving, I would use the route that I think was the fastest, unless the rider ask for a specific route, then I will follow their instructions. Most times people don't really care actually.

Of course there are times where I wouldn't know and just follow GPS and sometimes get lost. I'm only human. I don't know Singapore's roads 100%. I can only say sorry and try my best.

• Praise 1

It means if fixed fare cannot choose route and driver must follow the GPS route or the route driver likes to take ah? Even if GPS points to a longer route? How about if fixed fare which doesnt include ERP, and rider dont want to pay for the ERP and ask driver to take another route to avoid ERP gantry also cannot? I understand for grab, the fare show on the apps doesnt include any ERP charges de, unlike uber the fare show on apps included ERP charges.

LOL. That's why many Grab riders are cheapos. Now that says it all. LMAO. Good luck to any drivers that pick riders like you.
  • Praise 1

Hmm, is this a new feature? The do not charge rider thing. I didn't see it when I was driving leh.

The thing I noticed is that Grab's fare is round number ($12, $20 etc), so if there's a slight deviation the fare won't really be affected.

Whereas Uber's fare is exact ($12.14, $20.53 etc), so if there's deviation from the route the adjustment is noticeable.

I do now know is it a new feature as when I started driving Uber, it was already on the Uber app under cancel rider. After I click cancel, I will need to select reason why I cancel the rider. There are a lot of option for me to choose. Like rider no show, too many pax, too many luggage, wrong pick up location and etc. And One of the option is do not charge rider. Edited by Yewheng

I do now know is it a new feature as when I started driving Uber, it was already on the Uber app under cancel rider. After I click cancel, I will need to select reason why I cancel the rider. There are a lot of option for me to choose. Like rider no show, too many pax, too many luggage, wrong pick up location and etc. And One of the option is do not charge rider.

Feature already there for donkey years. Only new drivers who don't drive enough don't know this option. What's new.

Grab fix fare do not deviate no matter how you drive. You can drive round Singapore before hitting the drop off, and fare still as is quoted. However, if you do that, you get a complaint, and your rating drop further.

I do now know is it a new feature as when I started driving Uber, it was already on the Uber app under cancel rider. After I click cancel, I will need to select reason why I cancel the rider. There are a lot of option for me to choose. Like rider no show, too many pax, too many luggage, wrong pick up location and etc. And One of the option is do not charge rider.

I see. Interesting.

airport should have notified LCR but why they never go claim back the car?

Most likely the Hirer go back hometown and not coming back to Singapore. Maybe airport authority informed LCR but LCR don't want to pay the unclamping fees and the airport authority don't want to give in also.. [:p]  [:p]  [:p]

Grab's actually not cheap.

Wanted to take one home from kembangan MRT to Tampines... $16 due to `price-surge/ high demand' so i flagged one from the street and it cost me under $11.

what gives?

• Praise 1

Grab's actually not cheap.

Wanted to take one home from kembangan MRT to Tampines... $16 due to `price-surge/ high demand' so i flagged one from the street and it cost me under $11.

what gives?

Yes with price surge, grab/uber maybe more expensive then taxi even with promo code added in. This create level playing field. Grab/uber more expensive take taxi lor.

Most likely the Hirer go back hometown and not coming back to Singapore. Maybe airport authority informed LCR but LCR don't want to pay the unclamping fees and the airport authority don't want to give in also.. [:p][:p][:p]

Pay for what? Free parking right? If the news is true, LCR has many cars that are being parked all around the island.

This one has FOC parking so make good use of it lor.

Pay for what? Free parking right? If the news is true, LCR has many cars that are being parked all around the island.

This one has FOC parking so make good use of it lor.

15,000 cars, more like all public transport combine [sweatdrop]
↡ Advertisement