Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

when uber/grab launch, they are supposed to be stress free and relax for the driver, shouldn't have such stress like taxi, now it becomes another devil?

↡ Advertisement

when uber/grab launch, they are supposed to be stress free and relax for the driver, shouldn't have such stress like taxi, now it becomes another devil?

Another point. Cos uber/grab have to wait for pings for customers. So it is stressful waiting for the pings knowing that if you are slow you lose the business. It's not like taxi where they can at least wait at taxi stands and so called relax then while passengers come to them. Of cos they can drive around to look for flag downs but at least they have the option.

When have they promised to be stress free for the driver?

When have they promised to be stress free for the driver?

i thought the concept of PHV is to have control over your own time own target, unlike taxi driver got so many rules and target set by company. 

Like just now I checked. From Ubi to Paragon

Uber - $13.69

Comfort - $13.50 Flat

Grab - $21 (2 mins later went up to $24 !!!)

this morning try to book a PHV for my mum,

i duno what promotion Grab have for this week, try 3OFF and got net quote $18.

Uber was $14+ without promo code.

Comfort apps no quote   [laugh]  [laugh]

this morning try to book a PHV for my mum,

i duno what promotion Grab have for this week, try 3OFF and got net quote $18.

Uber was $14+ without promo code.

Comfort apps no quote   [laugh]  [laugh]

what do you mean by NO QUOTE ??  :XD:

In all, I hope UBER and GRAB will continue to operate. I shudder at the thought of standing at Raffles Place area at 4.40pm without a single cab in sight or all cabs are "BUSY". 

Grab's system allows drivers to choose their fares cos they can see the details beforehand. Hence (imo) the artificial high "demand" and higher surge. 

• Praise 3

Good for Uber drivers?

SINGAPORE: Uber passengers – show up on time or pay a penalty.

Ride-hailing service Uber said on Monday (Oct 2) it has begun charging passengers a late fee of S$0.20 per minute, if their drivers are kept waiting for more than three minutes.

The timer begins when the driver arrives at the pickup location and a push notification is sent to the passenger. If the rider is more than three minutes late, the wait-time charges will kick in. The charges are also subject to dynamic pricing when demand is high.

The aim of the charge is to “encourage you to only request a ride when you’re near the pickup location and ready to meet the driver”, Uber said in a blog post.

The move is also meant to ensure that their drivers “get their due for the time spent on the road”, Uber added.

Advertisement

The charges currently apply only to rides on uberX, uberXL, UberExec and ExecLarge. Its other services, including uberPOOL, are not affected.

Uber’s rival, Grab, also has in place waiting time surcharges for customers who are more than five minutes late. Grab passengers are charged S$3 for every five minutes they keep their driver waiting.

Source: CNA/aj

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/uber-imposes-waiting-charge-on-tardy-riders-in-singapore-9277368?view=DEFAULT

• Praise 1

what if driver/apps keep extending arriving time?

At least passenger still can track driver's location/ETA via the Uber app, but driver wouldn't know how he need to wait for the passenger to board.

• Praise 1

Good for Uber drivers?

Ride-hailing service Uber said on Monday (Oct 2) it has begun charging passengers a late fee of S$0.20 per minute, if their drivers are kept waiting for more than three minutes.

The timer begins when the driver arrives at the pickup location and a push notification is sent to the passenger. If the rider is more than three minutes late, the wait-time charges will kick in. The charges are also subject to dynamic pricing when demand is high.

The aim of the charge is to “encourage you to only request a ride when you’re near the pickup location and ready to meet the driver”, Uber said in a blog post.

The move is also meant to ensure that their drivers “get their due for the time spent on the road”, Uber added.

Advertisement

The charges currently apply only to rides on uberX, uberXL, UberExec and ExecLarge. Its other services, including uberPOOL, are not affected.

Uber’s rival, Grab, also has in place waiting time surcharges for customers who are more than five minutes late. Grab passengers are charged S$3 for every five minutes they keep their driver waiting.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/uber-imposes-waiting-charge-on-tardy-riders-in-singapore-9277368?view=DEFAULT

What if driver is late? They never imposed on driver as well? Lol.

Good for Uber drivers?

Advertisement

Great for me. I make extra 10 cent today ! [laugh]

But I think it's makes riders more punctual as a whole.

At least passenger still can track driver's location/ETA via the Uber app, but driver wouldn't know how he need to wait for the passenger to board.

i am fine with charging passenger who are late, but passenger waiting time also need to be compensated.

Some time the ETA state 8min, after 5 min still ETA 8min, then suddenly driver cancel booking, if passenger cancel they get charge a fee, then they have to book another PHV or cab and additional waiting time, all these are also cost to the passenger.

So does comfort app have fixed flat fee quotation?

i been seeing the ad on their taxis but didn't realise it was for their app.

Yes have. The comfort app can choose flat fee. 

• Praise 1

Yes can. Used it 2-3 times already on ah gong's account.

• Praise 1