Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

Twincharged

Look at the timing, you need to start driving at 5am and stop at around 4pm. Also, most likely the driver will lunch alone at coffee shop or hawker centre nearest to him when is time for his lunch and lunch time most likely is around 30 minutes.

Start driving at 5am is essential as the bus / mrt service still haven't start and people who need to go to work will either take taxi or PHV.

If you're those who meet a group of driver at specific location for lunch and start driving after 6am. That goes the earning.

Yup. This is exactly what my dad does. His lunch he usually just buy when he happens to be somewhere he can park, buy and drive off within the grace period. Then he'll wait till lunch time and have lunch in the car. If a call pops up, he'll take and then continue with lunch later. So don't even stop for 30min. 

Got some other strategies like turning off justgrab at certain timing as those timings still have continuous stream of booking even without justgrab. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Twincharged

i thought cabby uncles just earn 3-4k only  :mellow:

Depends on how hardworking lo. My dad's relief driver drive as and when he feels like it and takes long coffee and meal breaks in between. He always complain his avg earning after deducting all the diesel and rental is around 2k or maybe close to 3k if he's lucky.

IIRC , it was published cabby earning was like 7K  :D  

but that guy was working a very punishing schedule. Whereas nzy's dad schedule is still not too punishing. more sustainable.

but that guy was working a very punishing schedule. Whereas nzy's dad schedule is still not too punishing. more sustainable.

oh I didnt realise you guys were talking about Nzy's dad    :D

But recently i took cab from airport, cabby was very professional now ... They also have Grab and Uber accounts .  [rolleyes]

• Praise 2

I believe as a rider, they dont really care if PHV is from uber or grab, all they want is to able to get a ride.

Yup, just today morning, I was fetching one rider to Austrian international school at lor Chuan. While I was at cte nearing AMK Ave 1 exit, I received a ping 6 minutes and I accepted.

Then I see the pick up location is at Serangoon Ave 2 so I reckon will need about 10 to 12 minutes to reach after dropping off 1st rider. Then come the message from the 2nd rider to ask me come asap. I replied her that I need to drop off pax 1st and then go there pick her up. Need about 10 minutes is she okay with that? Then she never reply already.

When I reached Austrian international school and dropped off the 1st rider, I need sometime to turn out and then out of sudden she canceled and got cancelation fee. I believe she maybe late for work and can't wait any longer and got a cab or something.

After that I wrote to uber to ask uber to waive cancelation fee as due to not totally her fault as the waiting time is indeed quite long and do not want to penalize her for that. Then uber repled within 1hr that they had waived off the cancelation fee. That was fast as I thought they will not reply or reply very slow due to uber will be out of southeast Asia in 2 wks time. So for those who scared drive for this wk and next wk will not get money. I say no need worry the money will sure get.

And yeah, this lady that booked the uber ride I believe she dont care whether is it grab or uber or taxi. She just want to get a ride fast to go to work. So yeah..

• Praise 3

Twincharged

I thought quite punishing already lo. No breaks and work from 5am to 4pm. By the time he finish cleaning the taxi and all that, its already 5pm. So he out for more than 12 hours a day for that kind of pay.

Edited by Nzy
  • Praise 1

Uber and grab neighbours .. already plan Nong Nong time ago..

Maybe got a door between the 2 units already...haha.
  • Praise 1

I thought quite punishing already lo. No breaks and work from 5am to 4pm. By the time he finish cleaning the taxi and all that, its already 5pm. So he out for more than 12 hours a day for that kind of pay.

​My Schedule also like that drive from 5plus am to 4plus pm

To be perfectly honest, it's not easy cos u have to concentrate while driving. But Err I know many people who work even harder than that lah.

Whether lower or higher income. At least your dad's renumeration is directly tied to the no. Of hours he work, So that's great.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

After that I wrote to uber to ask uber to waive cancelation fee as due to not totally her fault as the waiting time is indeed quite long and do not want to penalize her for that. Then uber repled within 1hr that they had waived off the cancelation fee. That was fast as I thought they will not reply or reply very slow due to uber will be out of southeast Asia in 2 wks time. So for those who scared drive for this wk and next wk will not get money. I say no need worry the money will sure get.

And yeah, this lady that booked the uber ride I believe she dont care whether is it grab or uber or taxi. She just want to get a ride fast to go to work. So yeah..

wah..you so good ah, get uber to waive cancellation.

I find Uber pings getting more ridiculously, 8~10km or 20mins away.

Naturally, I keep getting cancelled by riders within a couple of minutes.

It's quite frustrating for both sides.

For those who hang on and keep waiting, I'll turn up eventually, although a bit late due to traffic.

• Praise 1

wah..you so good ah, get uber to waive cancellation.

I find Uber pings getting more ridiculously, 8~10km or 20mins away.

Naturally, I keep getting cancelled by riders within a couple of minutes.

It's quite frustrating for both sides.

For those who hang on and keep waiting, I'll turn up eventually, although a bit late due to traffic.

Quite likely due to insfficient drivers in that area to take the job booking..
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Quite likely due to insfficient drivers in that area to take the job booking..

Yeah, it's a case of too little "free" drivers around.

However, you don't necessary see the surge that should have accompanied it.

Yeah, it's a case of too little "free" drivers around.

However, you don't necessary see the surge that should have accompanied it.

I will try my very best, but there are many circumstances I can't control man. I can't fly over there too.

↡ Advertisement