Grab/Ryde issues and charges

Yamapi

I keep hearing feedback from friends now that Uber can be more expensive than cab during the peak hours. Uber now doesn't show the surge charges.

The pricing show already included the surcharge liao, so if you have been taking uber or taxi regularly, more or less you should know if the pricing is expensive or not. Lol. 

↡ Advertisement

I keep hearing feedback from friends now that Uber can be more expensive than cab during the peak hours. Uber now doesn't show the surge charges.

I only stop using Uber since November.  I still get surge factor like x 1.5. 

Uber can be cheaper than cab during peak especially from CBD.  Not forgetting that cab got SMLJ surcharge le.

I only stop using Uber since November. I still get surge factor like x 1.5.

Uber can be cheaper than cab during peak especially from CBD. Not forgetting that cab got SMLJ surcharge le.

Their surge can slit throats.

A friend had to pay $52 from tiong bahru to Boon Lay, on a rainy morning...... She KPKB. Lol

Their surge can slit throats.

A friend had to pay $52 from tiong bahru to Boon Lay, on a rainy morning...... She KPKB. Lol

It is a willing buyer willing seller.  She can always wait for the rain to stop and call cab.

On rainy morning, can she get a cab?

If can't, don't KPKB.

$$$ is a good motivator for ppl to work.

read a new today that Uber can afford to rent 55000 sq ft space in Tanjong Pagar, show that they are quite confident.

Exactly the same concept as some people struggling with monthly insalment for their affluent car, to look good to others.

My office gal said she paid 40plus all in from jurong West to tuas for normal cab. User only 25. Morning peak.

I don't know about how expensive they are... but Uber as a company (around the world) and how they disregard rules, regulations, etc... is starting to bug me...

Their views on minimum pay

their stupid app now requiring me to accept location service even after I quit the app,

their fcked up attitude to autonomous driving legislation... they refuse to buy a 150$ license because that will also require them to keep records of any incidents... so they gave the finger to Cali municipality and said they don't believe they need to adhere to that license.

They do things even to the detriment of safety... where one of their autonomous cars ran through a red light and they said... "my bad"...

and some of the newer kids driving for Uber here in SG haven't filled me with great confidence.

Not to say that Grab is better... but I'd rather my dollars goes to a "local / SE Asian" company than some fcking yanks and lawyers in California.

So Uber app deleted from phone.

• Praise 7

My office gal said she paid 40plus all in from jurong West to tuas for normal cab. User only 25. Morning peak.

Did she get a receipt?

It's less than S$ 40 from the airport to Clementi.

I don't know about how expensive they are... but Uber as a company (around the world) and how they disregard rules, regulations, etc... is starting to bug me...

Their views on minimum pay

their stupid app now requiring me to accept location service even after I quit the app,

their fcked up attitude to autonomous driving legislation... they refuse to buy a 150$ license because that will also require them to keep records of any incidents... so they gave the finger to Cali municipality and said they don't believe they need to adhere to that license.

They do things even to the detriment of safety... where one of their autonomous cars ran through a red light and they said... "my bad"...

and some of the newer kids driving for Uber here in SG haven't filled me with great confidence.

Not to say that Grab is better... but I'd rather my dollars goes to a "local / SE Asian" company than some fcking yanks and lawyers in California.

So Uber app deleted from phone.

they are just following their upcoming president's style [laugh]

MLM top honchos also drive flashy branded cars, watches and bungalows....

The more people buy into the hype the richer they get.

read a news today that Uber can afford to rent 55000 sq ft space in Tanjong Pagar, show that they are quite confident.

tough luck bro... grab is malaysian... 

• Praise 1

MLM top honchos also drive flashy branded cars, watches and bungalows....

The more people buy into the hype the richer they get.

actually.. uber concept is brilliant.. 

think abt it.. which gahmen dare to stop them when its giving people employment?

They are losing money.. but as a consequence.. they built up a highly penetrative customer list... 

why do u think facebook, alibaba etc are valued so high? 

Uber is juz waiting for a right buyer... 

think abt it.. which gahmen dare to stop them when its giving people employment?

They are losing money.. but as a consequence.. they built up a highly penetrative customer list... 

they are still banned in many countries lor.  and hate by the local taxi drivers.

i see it as a musical chair game....

for the passengers, enjoy the music while it last....

for dedicated uber drivers and staff, enjoy the game and reap the maximum income while it last

for the investors, build up the hype and exit before the music suddenly stops

for the owners.....they are the only ones who know when they going to stop the music.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1