Samsung S5

Thaiyotakamli

Heard it come to our shore this april

http://youtu.be/QrMOu4GU3uU

Some notable features;

-5.1 inch

-fingerprint lock

-better camera (can focus and against backlight, etc)

-better battery life

-better screen resolution

-water resistant

-heart pressure monitor

-sport app track

-available in 4 colours

Which one would u choose? Samsung S5 or Sony Xperia Z2? Any other alternatives? Wait iPhone 6?

P.s contract expiring this june

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

Yes you can start pre-order now at $1000++ (can't remember exact fig but below $1100).

I played with the demo set at Samsung Jurong Point.

Specs wise it's a bit of a let down cos still only 2GB RAM (expected 3GB like Note 3) and there is actually not many significant improvements over S4. There is fingerprint recognition, the slightly bigger screen, slightly faster processor, etc.

For those with S4, it's probably not a worthwhile to upgrade if you have to pay full price. If you got contract to upgrade then I would get it and sell back at $900++.

I had Sony before but somehow don't like their interface so much and I am not a apple person.

• Praise 2

i switch to samsung s3 > s4 (now) from iphone

in terms of camera quality and phone reception and wifi speed

samsung has no fight with iphone ... miles away

can't wait for iphone 6 so i can switch back :D

Yes you can start pre-order now at $1000++ (can't remember exact fig but below $1100).

I played with the demo set at Samsung Jurong Point.

Specs wise it's a bit of a let down cos still only 2GB RAM (expected 3GB like Note 3) and there is actually not many significant improvements over S4. There is fingerprint recognition, the slightly bigger screen, slightly faster processor, etc.

For those with S4, it's probably not a worthwhile to upgrade if you have to pay full price. If you got contract to upgrade then I would get it and sell back at $900++.

I had Sony before but somehow don't like their interface so much and I am not a apple person.

2GB ram? No thanks. I think i wait for iphone 6 pr xperia Z2. Moreover design look the same as S4

My current phone is sony xperia Z, battery let down and phone gets heat easily.

Somehow one of my requirements in phone is water resistant as i do swim almost daily

i switch to samsung s3 > s4 (now) from iphone

in terms of camera quality and phone reception and wifi speed

samsung has no fight with iphone ... miles away

can't wait for iphone 6 so i can switch back :D

Now the new S5 u can download at faster wifi speed, plus u can have the option to download it with wifi and. LTE. Maybe i wait iphone 6 come out and compare

(edited)

when i'm at home and office with wifi, why would i want to comsume my LTE data?

and when i'm outside using telco ... samsung reception and speed (i think hardware no good) sucks because my colleague sit side-by-side with the same telco using iphone5 ... the speed was [thumbsup]

Now the new S5 u can download at faster wifi speed, plus u can have the option to download it with wifi and. LTE. Maybe i wait iphone 6 come out and compare

Edited by Wt_know

when i'm at home and office with wifi, why would i want to comsume my LTE data?

and when i'm outside using telco ... samsung reception and speed (i think hardware no good) sucks because my colleague sit side-by-side with the same telco using iphone5 ... the speed was [thumbsup]

True and i think battery life same with ip 5. Unfortunately iphone screen size sucks and i hope ip 6 comes with 5 inch screen

Me from iphone 4 to S3 then now back to ipnone 5s. In term of wifi speed & receptioniphone is better. S3 start lagging after same time. 5s screen too small. S3 screen was very good size not too big or small. Switch back to iphone cos find latest samsung phones are too bigger for me.

(edited)

i want a phone camera that can focus faster. Unfortunately the fastest is still iphone. Haiz, but i prefer to stick to android.

Using Xperia Z.
If i'm going to stick to android, i will probably avoid samsung. Sony is fairly well built. Less QC issues.

Waiting to see how the Z2 camera perform.

i'm comfortable with a 5-5.2 inch screen.

Edited by Lala81
  • Praise 1

z2 specs better.

but im tempted by the htc M8. sibei swee.

HTC dont like their platform, like blackberry, i dunno how to use but samsung similar to sony and LG

i want a phone camera that can focus faster. Unfortunately the fastest is still iphone. Haiz, but i prefer to stick to android.

Using Xperia Z.

If i'm going to stick to android, i will probably avoid samsung. Sony is fairly well built. Less QC issues.

Waiting to see how the Z2 camera perform.

i'm comfortable with a 5-5.2 inch screen.

yah iphone screen too small, hard to see, read and watch.....

Heard it come to our shore this april

http://youtu.be/QrMOu4GU3uU

Some notable features;

-5.1 inch

-fingerprint lock

-better camera (can focus and against backlight, etc)

-better battery life

-better screen resolution

-water resistant

-heart pressure monitor

-sport app track

-available in 4 colours

Which one would u choose? Samsung S5 or Sony Xperia Z2? Any other alternatives? Wait iPhone 6?

P.s contract expiring this june

currently using padfone.

the above notable features are not useful or rather, not a big deal breaker as after a while, do u really bother with those functions?

I will choose xperia Z2 cos I also swim regularly and I like to be able to handle w wet hands without care. I brought padfone because of the novelty of being able to switch to padstation but comes 2016, I will use my padfone as a home tablet (if its still working) and then I will switch to water resistant phone.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Waiting for Xiaomi's 4G flagship model.

2GB ram is kinda low for a flagship model.

Currently using Note 3. Great phone expert for the camera.

Iphone 5 cam is the best I have used.

Edited by Sabian

Samsung knox sucks. Software implementation too. My S2 keeps having bootloop or sudden sleep of death but thankfully the xperia z is not like that.

↡ Advertisement