What will you do? Claim or let it go?

Gtl

Hi guys, got into a minor accident today. This is my car recording of what happened

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x1X5u_lloho

The uncle now is very reluctant to pay me. Keep claiming no damage. I just wanna respray the scratches, albeit minor. My car is only 5 months old.

Would claiming insurance hurt my premiums in anyway? This is my 2nd accident. The first one happened on 25th Nov when my car was barely 2 weeks old. I engaged a lawyer in that case as it was much more serious. That accident was also clearly not my fault. My worry is I would somehow get blacklisted by insurance companies for future renewals.

↡ Advertisement

Hi guys, got into a minor accident today. This is my car recording of what happened

The uncle now is very reluctant to pay me. Keep claiming no damage. I just wanna respray the scratches, albeit minor. My car is only 5 months old.

Would claiming insurance hurt my premiums in anyway? This is my 2nd accident. The first one happened on 25th Nov when my car was barely 2 weeks old. I engaged a lawyer in that case as it was much more serious. That accident was also clearly not my fault. My worry is I would somehow get blacklisted by insurance companies for future renewals.

Claim him. Its a no-brainer to me.

Will not affect your insurance as claim is against the other party's insurance.

wont effect your insurance, cos u claiming his insurance ( third party claim.)

Thanks for the reply. One more thing is, would he need to make a report to his insurance for me to be able to make a claim? I have heard of cases where the other party refuse to report and the victim can't claim as a result. The only way would be to engage a lawyer.

You dun claim ppl, ppl will also claim you de. Part and parcel of life. You good doesn't meant people also will be good to you.

Claim him lo. Ask him want private or insurance claim. You got video evidence ma. Its clear his fault for reversing into u.

If you say don't want to claim, later he say you bang him claim you. This type of people also have want de lo.

Dog eat dog world de.

Claim him because I hate drivers whom always say no problem when they cause accidents.

If say sorry, my heart will probably say never mind and let it go.

If the damage is minor and he did apologize, i would say let it go.

If he did not and try to brush it off, pls go back to your AD for repairs and claim him.

(edited)

Thanks for the reply. One more thing is, would he need to make a report to his insurance for me to be able to make a claim? I have heard of cases where the other party refuse to report and the victim can't claim as a result. The only way would be to engage a lawyer.

Take note to comply with the motor claims framework.

http://www.gia.org.sg/pdfs/industry/motor/mcf_brochure.pdf

Report and bring your accident vehicle (whether damaged or not) to the approved reporting centre / authorised workshop within 24 hours or by the next working day.
Should you fail to report to your insurer with your accident vehicle, you may find yourself in a position of having your claims prejudiced or declined later by insurers

Easiest way is to go to a claim workshop. They will do everything for you and ensure you justice... sometimes more, at the expense of the guy who hit you. [rolleyes]

Many here : http://www.sgcarmart.com/directory/listing.php?CAT=34

Edited by bellboy

must claim!

to help minimize cost for uncle, go to outside workshop and respray bumper. probably $100-$200 and ask uncle to pay.

The uncle keep claiming there is no visible damage. I said its raining, how can we see clearly when the water keeps landing on the car. And the damages is very minor, but my car is 5 months old and in pristine condition as I take good care of it and I definitely want to keep it that way rather than live with it.

Contemplating going back to AD and let them settle. Just saw some scratches on my headlight. Won't be cheap to replace it....

Check carefully first as most ADs would not want to do 3rd party claim.

You can go to a pro 3rd party claim w/s and tell them your story. Tell them you die die don't want to touch your policy, don't want to come out a single cent, die die claim 3rd party. If they are confident, the will take the job. Else, move on to another one.

Most important thing now is to report. Whether to claim or not, can wait.

The uncle keep claiming there is no visible damage. I said its raining, how can we see clearly when the water keeps landing on the car. And the damages is very minor, but my car is 5 months old and in pristine condition as I take good care of it and I definitely want to keep it that way rather than live with it.

Contemplating going back to AD and let them settle. Just saw some scratches on my headlight. Won't be cheap to replace it....

Did you requested the passer-by in front of your car with yellow umbrella to be your accident collision witness ? [shocked]

If yes, that careless reversing car driver will be " dead meat " [knife]

Did you requested the passer-by in front of your car with yellow umbrella to be your accident collision witness ? [shocked]

If yes, that careless reversing car driver will be " dead meat " [knife]

the video speaks for itself, no need get the witness

just claim

the video speaks for itself, no need get the witness

just claim

If the reversing car driver born with stiring snake tongue and capable to writes wonderful sentences in his accident report [sly] , it may takes both insurer's [dizzy] longer time to agree with a simple straight forward settlement. [:/]

(edited)

If the uncle refuse to report, can claim 3rd party insurance?

He makes accident reporting or not it's nothing to do with your 3rd.party claiming, you are claiming his insurer 100% as 3rd.party.

If he choose to ignore the accident proper procedures, it would be favourable for your damages claiming.

By the way, just to pacify you about your expectation and worrisome with inflating insurance premium in multiple accidents claims...

I was rear ended in 2 accidents happened within 6 months around end 2012 & early 2013, both were successfully claimed full 100% liability against the 2 careless drivers, first case met a decent and gentlemen driver declared himself totally at fault by looking up at road signage and not aware that my car stopped behind a SBS bus before red light at T-Junction.

Second case driver try to be funny with his accident reporting in counter claiming against me for jamming E-Brake without good reasons.

Luckily...I got 2 passer-by witnesses of the collision took place at the cross junction, the 3rd.party insurer paid my damages without contesting my accident statements.

With some publicity in MCF about cheap insurance premium, DA was mentioned the cheapest in one of the recognised thread, it wasn't true ! I got my new Apr14~Apr15 car insurance with E...tiqa with both accident mentioned as "No Fault" with 50+5 NCD eligibility.

Driving in Singapore with such uncertainty of bad insurer's and unreasonable claimant's, my advise is to seek accident witness to help and support your accident reporting statements.

Edited by Fongmy
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

bro u got video somemore. he was careless and trying to brush it off.

i always buy car from AD ... i will sure go back to AD to repair.

↡ Advertisement