"I have my mee goreng meals in Starbucks, so why cant Mac?

GongJiaoWei

(edited)
Man eats mee goreng at McDonald's -- and argues with staff when told not to
Posted on 05 April 2014 |
main_11.jpg

Stomper Saravanan saw a dispute between a man and staff at a McDonald's outlet in Lucky Plaza, which started when the guy ate mee goreng in the fast food restaurant.

When told to have his food elsewhere, the man argued that Starbucks allowed him to eat outside food in their premises

Wrote the Stomper:

​"The Indian uncle together with his friend in an orange blazer were conversing about some business deals at Lucky Plaza Macdonald's.

"While the one in orange purchased a meal for himself in McDonald's, the Indian uncle fished out his mee goreng from his bag and started consuming it while having his financial talks.

"When staff politely told him not to consume foods that were not from McDonald's, he started confronting them, leading to a dispute.

"He started arguing that he had his mee goreng meals even in Starbucks and they had not uttered a word to him, so why did MacDonald's have such a restriction?

"This led the staff to inform their manager. The manager asked the man in a calm tone to have his mee goreng elsewhere.

"He also told the man that he can consume it in Starbucks again if he wanted to, but not at his outlet as it is against his company's policy."

--------------------------------

Hahaha.. Came across this new when surfing Facebook..

"I even have my Mee Goreng Meal at Starbucks...They also diam diam... Then why I can't eat at MacDonald"

It sound like why I can do this at Atas shop, why you mass market one don't allow me to do that...

Edited by GongJiaoWei
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Some people just cannot accept social contracts as it is. Die-die must have it legally worded and enforced before they llst accept. Then they go around shouting repression.

• Praise 2

Sebei guai lan.

But I can't understand why his friend wears an orange coloured suit & pants. Who wears such obiang colour? Gosh.

• Praise 1

Sebei guai lan.

But I can't understand why his friend wears an orange coloured suit & pants. Who wears such obiang colour? Gosh.

Maybe he doing freelance clown act..

Turbocharged
(edited)

--------------------------------

Hahaha.. Came across this new when surfing Facebook..

"I even have my Mee Goreng Meal at Starbucks...They also diam diam... Then why I can't eat at MacDonald"

It sound like why I can do this at Atas shop, why you mass market one don't allow me to do that...

It's very simple to understand why Starbucks is ok but McD cannot.

It's very disturbing to me that there are pple who cannot differentiate the two.

Starbucks is mostly a drink joint. They are not a food restaurant.

McD on the other hand sells mostly food...they are a food joint. Obviously they are far stricter if you bring outside food into their restaurants.

Try bringing Pepsi, Coke and kopi from Yakun into Starbucks and we shall see can or not.

The McD manager is just doing his job....because for fast food restaurants, every month they will have one or two mystery customers whose job is to check if the restaurant staff are withholding high service and food standards. Maybe the Indian man could be the mystery customer testing the staff!

Edited by Icedbs
  • Praise 5

Private businesess can refuse entry to anyone without any reason.

This fella thinks Macs is some public service, govt or some civil service organisation?

f**king idiot with a f**king idiotic line of reasoning.

Singapore can!

500yrs to a gracious society!

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

It's very simple to understand why Starbucks is ok but McD cannot.

It's very disturbing to me that there are pple who cannot differentiate the two.

Starbucks is mostly a drink joint. They are not a food restaurant.

McD on the other hand sells mostly food...they are a food joint. Obviously they are far stricter if you bring outside food into their restaurants.

Try bringing Pepsi, Coke and kopi from Yakun into Starbucks and we shall see can or not.

The McD manager is just doing his job....because for fast food restaurants, every month they will have one or two mystery customers whose job is to check if the restaurant staff are withholding high service and food standards. Maybe the Indian man could be the mystery customer testing the staff!

its not just that...

its NEA's requirement as well... to simplify isolation in case of food poisoning outbreak

• Praise 1

(edited)

First of all, I dunno why even Starbucks allowed this idiot to pull out his smelly packet of mee goreng and start whacking. If I were there enjoying a cuppa and got a whiff, I would be *extremely* pissed off. :angry:

Second, most dumbasses quietly slink away when they're caught doing something wrong. It takes a special sort of prize dumbass to argue and proudly defend that wrong action.

Is this moron going to try to pull this stunt in a vegetarian restaurant next? [rolleyes]

Edited by Turboflat4

Starbucks or any other shops, all have limited sitting capacity, if everyone start bringing their own food, genuine customers cannot find a seat how? Starbucks can close shop.

McDonalds should take this as a feedback and start selling mee goreng :D

Mcgoreng???.................spicy level......1....2....3.......watch out for 4..... [laugh][laugh]

Second, most dumbasses quietly slink away when they're caught doing something wrong. It takes a special sort of prize dumbass to argue and proudly defend that wrong action.

this I had to disagree..most of the sinkies especially strangers whom I crossed paths with will not admit fault or apologize even when they were in the wrong

• Praise 2

Hypersonic

That's a good idea!

And if there's going to be mee goreng, might as well include mee siam and longtong. Nasi lemak also :D

this I had to disagree..most of the sinkies especially strangers whom I crossed paths with will not admit fault or apologize even when they were in the wrong

This is most prominent in car accidents [:|]

Sebei guai lan.

Papasan

Yes, Mee goreng with Mcwings :wub:

Mcd did nothing wrong, the manager were firm by explaining he can have his meal elsewhere, and I do not think SB allows him to have foreign food at their premises either.

The jerk need to be told off and be asked to leave Mcd if he continues, this is the type of Singaporean or Singaporean friend we should be have , consciously or subconsciously it is wrong to bring foreign food into another restaurant as it may contaminates food hygiene and may constitutes McD management allows customer to do so.

The old man is replying why cant i go to his neighbour flat to use their toilet instead of his- full of s'*t !!

Sb may be too afraid to tell me off, tat why his is more daring to do it@Mcds