• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
27 replies to this topic | 19 praises

Posted 10 April 2014 - 05:10 PM

kobayashiGT

Hi Guys,

Have anyone traded with lim and tan securities?

Tot of using them to trade.

banner_8.jpg

from - http://www.eq.com.sg/

All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy

Posted 10 April 2014 - 06:45 PM

Ktglfc
  • Premium member
    Ktglfc
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I using POEMS

Rich: is not about how much you have, but how much you give.

The sky has turned brighter.
There's a glorious rainbow that beckons those with a spirit of adventure and there are rich findings at the end of that rainbow.
Find that rainbow, go ride it.

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:02 PM

Old-driver
  • Old-driver
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I also using poems. This one looks cheaper

Posted 10 April 2014 - 07:43 PM

Blackyv
  • Premium member
    Blackyv
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Whichever you use also Ok as long not lee&lee securities... Hehe....

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:48 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I also using poems. This one looks cheaper

cash collateral. meaning cash up front. 

DBS vickers. stanchart poems all about same rate.

only diff is the ease of use for the trading platform. 

i prefer kim Eng personally.

poems website is ok. but  the mobile app is quite bad compared to the rest

"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:09 PM

Old-driver
  • Old-driver
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I guess rates are more or less pretty standard

Poems2.0 is much better

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:33 PM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Standchart got no minimum commission. But platform dam lousy.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 10 April 2014 - 10:46 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Standchart got no minimum commission. But platform dam lousy.

stanchart is cheap but come at a price.

it's not CDP. stanchart is custodian. this has a few implications.

- shares don't belong to you. 
- cannot trade using other platform interchangebly.
- very leceh to get dividend / DRIPS etc.
- no voting /AGM rights 
- if SCB down then your whole portfolio gone. ( very unlikely i know but still plausible)
- no contra

Edited by Little_prince, 10 April 2014 - 10:48 PM.

Thaiyotakamli and Cavver praised this
"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

Posted 10 April 2014 - 11:12 PM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

stanchart is cheap but come at a price.

it's not CDP. stanchart is custodian. this has a few implications.

- shares don't belong to you. 
- cannot trade using other platform interchangebly.
- very leceh to get dividend / DRIPS etc.
- no voting /AGM rights 
- if SCB down then your whole portfolio gone. ( very unlikely i know but still plausible)
- no contra

1. Shares actually belong to you, just in stanchart HK custody, you can always pay CDP $10.70/counter to transfer to your cdp a/c

2. Yup, agreed, but once transferred to cdp a/c then its possible already.

3. I get my dividends just the same as I get through POEMS, just 1working day delay though.

4. Stanchart will inform you via text and letter for voting/agm related stuff, and even rights issue, just need to call their hotline and inform them of the decision you wish to make, but I always dont bother since I'm a retailer.

5. Yes agreed. (then again if transfer to CDP, then its alright)

6. Yes, need play with cash, but now with FAST system, things are much more convenient.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 09:26 AM

kobayashiGT

Whichever you use also Ok as long not lee&lee securities... Hehe....

Haha. So far i only know he got law firm, brokerage business he also in meh? hahah. . . .

Kim eng trading platform got chartnexus?

Posted 11 April 2014 - 11:36 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For SGX stocks, I'm sticking with my tried, true and trusted human DBS broker. I'm getting a special Treasures brokerage rate anyway, which is half the usual (think it's equivalent to the online Vickers commission), so no downside.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:35 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For SGX stocks, I'm sticking with my tried, true and trusted human DBS broker. I'm getting a special Treasures brokerage rate anyway, which is half the usual (think it's equivalent to the online Vickers commission), so no downside.

Me too, i dont have the time to sit down and key the trades in. I still pick up the phone and call.
The comms are higher but in the bigger scheme of things, i am happy as long as service is good.
Moreover i travel quite a bit and cant deal with the hassle of self input.
Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 11 April 2014 - 02:22 PM

kobayashiGT

Bro is ur broker service good?

Posted 11 April 2014 - 04:30 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I find him good. He's an older gent, but he takes his time and listens, clarifies and does everything right (so far). Of course, you have to know your own holdings - he doesn't keep track of them for you.

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:07 PM

Freestylers09
  • Freestylers09
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I guess rates are more or less pretty standard

Poems2.0 is much better

ya the new 2.0 interface damn nice

the live chart i like..this is what i want and not all has it..KE is kinda laggy when loading due to the java

2.0 load fast and smooth ,can execute fast trade ,not so ma fan also compare to their normal platform

Old-driver and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:10 PM

kobayashiGT

I find him good. He's an older gent, but he takes his time and listens, clarifies and does everything right (so far). Of course, you have to know your own holdings - he doesn't keep track of them for you.

Hmmm. from DBS Vickers?

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:11 PM

kobayashiGT

the live chart i like..this is what i want and not all has it..KE is kinda laggy when loading due to the java

2.0 load fast and smooth ,can execute fast trade ,not so ma fan also compare to their normal platform

maxresdefault.jpg

Hmmm. Like quite straight forward. . .

Posted 11 April 2014 - 06:58 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Hmmm. from DBS Vickers?

Yes. But I think you should try your hand at online trading. T2 and I are lazy and old fashioned type, so don't learn from us. :D

Edited by Turboflat4, 11 April 2014 - 07:00 PM.

Posted 12 April 2014 - 01:52 PM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

poems 2.0 is good. but the mobile app is crap.

on desktop i use poems 2.0 .

on mobile i use KE

Posted 12 April 2014 - 02:36 PM

Enye
  • Enye
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Better read carefully they are in treasures

Min also must 350k under management

But they are probably in the private banking category la

Full cash types remember?

Back to Investment & Financial Matters  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: securities, sgx, stock broker and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users