Teen

Civic2000

A video footage of an argument between a teenager and two officers from security firm Cisco Certis has gone viral on Facebook (Photo: Facebook / Screen grab)

An incident involving an argument between a 16-year-old boy and two auxiliary police officers from Certis Cisco has drawn criticism from online users after a video of the encounter went viral on Facebook.

The three-and-a-half minute video clip shows the boy and two officers at Bedok Reservoir, and when the officers told him not to fish in non-designated areas and to leave, the boy refused, Channel NewsAsia reported.

The commercial security company said in a statementthat the incident “could have been better managed in a more professional and diplomatic manner”.

Certis Cisco also said that it "trains and expects officers to be above board and exhibit values of professionalism and integrity", and that serious action will be taken against those who contravene such values.

http://features.insing.com/feature/teen-s-argument-with-security-officers-in-singapore-caught-on-video/id-893f3101/

After watching the video, I am of the view that these 2 Cisco Officers are big bully. Demanding the teenager to produce his ID in a very threatening manner.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I think cisco staff sometimes got no choice so they resort to using such a manner.

For example, police can ask you to produce ID in some situations, e.g. like if you get caught in a raid or something like that [laugh] - and if you cannot, you might be brought back to their post or centre until your identity can be verified. Rather than go through all the trouble, people will just cooperate and produce the ID.

But for cisco, do they have the means or right to do that? Even the boy knows their limitation as aux police.

This boy also seems to be a repeat offender, so of course, the tone adopted on him is straightaway more "direct".

I think very simple just 'saman' the boy like e.g. for littering or smoking offence. No need talk and argue so much. Notify school and parents.

It's hard for the cisco staff to deal directly with him - after all, this is legally a minor. Whatever the outcome, the minor will have protection of the law and will always appear to be the 'victim'.

Edited by Sosaria

Boy no angel either lah.

Read the news lor. Sounds to me like he provoked them.

of coz as Cisco officers they shouldn't have behave that way.

Edited by Sabretan

From the vid, the boy has some past encounters with the same officers.

This boy set up another encounter and deliberately filmed the whole thing and the officers fell for it.

• Praise 1

From the vid, the boy has some past encounters with the same officers.

This boy set up another encounter and deliberately filmed the whole thing and the officers fell for it.

Isn't this entrapment? But anyway sgp entrapment law is non existent. There are instances police use methods to entrap criminals especially in narcotics.

So what the boy is doing is not against the law.

Turbocharged

knn....these two balayu really sucks.

shame cisco brand.

no ic no big deal

salute the teenager being cool and provoke them with this video.

Edited by Mcf777

cb...want fish go market lar.....buy as much as he wants...kao tim. That mat also one stupid kuku..capture the boy fishing on his camera phone.. evidence that can be used. If no have lan lan...try better nx time!

Turbocharged

"smart" boy!! if he use his talent in the right path, I think he got a bright future.

can tell he is quite street smart already.

I think cisco staff sometimes got no choice so they resort to using such a manner.

For example, police can ask you to produce ID in some situations, e.g. like if you get caught in a raid or something like that [laugh] - and if you cannot, you might be brought back to their post or centre until your identity can be verified. Rather than go through all the trouble, people will just cooperate and produce the ID.

But for cisco, do they have the means or right to do that? Even the boy knows their limitation as aux police.

This boy also seems to be a repeat offender, so of course, the tone adopted on him is straightaway more "direct".

I think very simple just 'saman' the boy like e.g. for littering or smoking offence. No need talk and argue so much. Notify school and parents.

It's hard for the cisco staff to deal directly with him - after all, this is legally a minor. Whatever the outcome, the minor will have protection of the law and will always appear to be the 'victim'.

alot of those cisco guard think they really policeman.... but they are just glorified security guard.

what right do the cisco have to ask for other ppl's IC?

alot of those cisco guard think they really policeman.... but they are just glorified security guard.

i kana summon 300 bucks for littering by certis before.....ninaoya!

i kana summon 300 bucks for littering by certis before.....ninaoya!

wah lan. suay chee.

kena caught by cisco somemore. suay chee x 2 + siah suay squared.

wah lan. suay chee.

kena caught by cisco somemore. suay chee x 2 + siah suay squared.

ya lor....but i am proud for contributing my part for nation building.....hahaha! I think it was to the power of 4 as the one who summon me was a Malaysian guy of indian origin and his partner a malay guy! How i know he is Malaysian....he spoke malay like some of my malaysian indian friends! can tell the difference clearly&

bring fishing rod to reservoir for what hah ?

show friend his amazing rod ah?

fishing is prohibited.

Its like you bring parang knife to shopping centre but not caught in the act of hacking people.

ya lor....but i am proud for contributing my part for nation building.....hahaha! I think it was to the power of 4 as the one who summon me was a Malaysian guy of indian origin and his partner a malay guy! How i know he is Malaysian....he spoke malay like some of my malaysian indian friends! can tell the difference clearly&

I was almost nabbed once in front of Ngee Ann City by some old NEA officers who were there waiting for prey. I stood up and almost left my empty can behind, lucky I tarik back to retrieve. Phew... Those were the days when there's CWO...

Actually as auxiliary police officers, they are vested with the powers of a Police Officer to carry out their duties.

The teen is obviously taunting and trapping them and yet they still fall for it.

Some more got camera in their faces and they still behave unprofessionally is not very smart.

↡ Advertisement