2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GK Series)

ren_yeo

The difference in price is 5k now. but there was sometime back where the price difference was 3k ($87999 vs $90999). Most buyers already feel the 5k is worth to grab the 1.5

Seems to be the case.. most feel the 1.5 is worth the 5k diff. If it was only a 3k diff.. would pple still bother with the 1.3?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Seems to be the case.. most feel the 1.5 is worth the 5k diff. If it was only a 3k diff.. would pple still bother with the 1.3?

There are ppl who bought the 1.3 FIT though....maybe its more cheaper than the 1.3 jazz

• Praise 1

There is a marked difference in performance between the 1.3 and 1.5 in terms of braking and acceleration. 1.5 also comes with paddle shifters which I find particular useful if I am into a sporty manual feel. 

There is a marked difference in performance between the 1.3 and 1.5 in terms of braking and acceleration. 1.5 also comes with paddle shifters which I find particular useful if I am into a sporty manual feel.

Kah motor 1.3 jazz does come with paddle shift and cruise control too.
  • Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

I am comparing the 2 models as well. If the fuel consumption is better for the 1.3, the very slightly cheaper road tax and the slightly lower depreciation (driving until scrap) would be the consideration for me to choose the 1.3. If the 1.5 has more airbags instead of just 2, that decision could be easier.

• Praise 1

I am comparing the 2 models as well. If the fuel consumption is better for the 1.3, the very slightly cheaper road tax and the slightly lower depreciation (driving until scrap) would be the consideration for me to choose the 1.3. If the 1.5 has more airbags instead of just 2, that decision could be easier.

ya for maintenance wise 1.3 is cheaper, 15inch tires are cheaper than 16inch, rear drum brakes is cheaper to replace as well....

Kah motor 1.3 jazz does come with paddle shift and cruise control too.

I find the 1.3 acceleration way too slow (same as QQ1.2), something I can't accept for such a light car.

Neutral Newbie

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy my first car and am currently considering a Kia forte k3 vs the jazz 1.5. I love the vezel but it's out of my budget range.

Can I get some advice and opinions on what factors I should take into consideration when choosing between the cars?

For me I'm leaning towards the jazz because of the fuel consumption. I am probably going to travel about 100km a day so fuel would matter. What is the average fuel consumption you guys get?

Also,Any guys here with a jazz that have long legs? I'm 1.8 and fat so leg room is impt to me. I did a test drive and while I can't say the jazz is super comfortable, I don't feel v cramped either. But the Kia is just perfect.

Warranty wise, do I need to always go back to agent for servicing? What will void my warranty? Eg if I change engine oil outside, will it void?

(edited)

If u have long legs, i wonder why u say k3 is suitable?

I cant find a suitable driving position for k3, altis and mazda 3.

Altis being the worse due to limited telescopic steering adjustment range and their seats basically got no thigh support for long legs.

For jazz, i tried too. I adjusted the seat to the farthest back and i would say it has better driving position vs k3. Moreover, jazz sits higher and easier for tall drivers to get in and out of the car.

However for Jazz, the center arm rest is way too low and just for show...you cant rest your left arm on it. Right side arm rest got no padding as well. Basically rest your arm on hard plastic.

You can consider honda city because i find jazz and city both about the same interior space but city have a bigger boot.

However, city still using the old engine.

Edited by ccc888

that's me.  :TT_TT:

It is very hard to time the market, the good thing is you got the car before others and got to enjoy it earlier. The peak price for a Jazz 1.5 is 110k if not mistaken and I heard my relative's friend paying that price.  

• Praise 1

(edited)

If you traded in your old car...it may not be so bad....

Not really sure. I feel the k3 allows for better position. But I do admit jazz space is quite big for its size.

My current ride giving me backache which sits abit too low.....thats why i was recently in the market to look for better seats...

Make sure you have good thigh support. Generally, taller drivers needs to find a car that sits higher.....however modern crossover build with very low roofline. My head is almost touching vezel roof after adjusting the seat.

You can try Nissan pulsar. I find it almost ideal driving position for me. Just wished the steering wheel can be farther pull towards me. I have long legs with shorter arms apparently. Lolol

Another one to try is Honda Shuttle hybrid. Cheap to run and excellent FC. However, i hate the foot brake. Take up the space for my left leg to rest.

Edited by ccc888

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Thanks! But would changing seats immediately void warranty etc?

I like the idea of changing seats since I like the car and if the seat can be solved. Possibly perfect then

Edited by Amaranth91

Thanks! But would changing seats immediately void warranty etc?

I like the idea of changing seats since I like the car and if the seat can be solved. Possibly perfect then

The seats of the jazz are specially designed to fold in a certain way. If you change the front passenger seat, it will not be able to fold down completely.

It is very hard to time the market, the good thing is you got the car before others and got to enjoy it earlier. The peak price for a Jazz 1.5 is 110k if not mistaken and I heard my relative's friend paying that price.  

heng not me :relief: i paid 102k. bought during the SG50 promo.

but you're right, enjoy it earlier. now waiting for civic hatchback.  :yuush:

↡ Advertisement