2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GK Series)

ren_yeo

YOM2016 still ok, as long as the car has not been driven around or used as a test car.

I'm not complaining. :D as long they state clearly, it is all good.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Any new current Jazz owners can check their sales agreement if their Jazz 1.5 is still 2016 stock?

Got my Jazz in Feb 17 and the yom on vin states 2017.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Thats why need to ask and get it wriiten before signing the sales agreement.this is especially so when buying from pi

It have never cross my mind to write such clause on the sales agreement when buy new car le?!  But if a particular car model really slow moving stock, not many people and even you request such clause, think they also cannot help you. Lol.

• Praise 1

No matter when is the YOM, once the car is registered to you, even the YOM is 2 years back you also cannot do anything lo.

I am ok with buying a car sitting around for a year max, but if 2 or 3 years, I am apprehensive to accept. Can always ask SE when is year of manufacture before you sign the contract.

Got my Jazz in Feb 17 and the yom on vin states 2017.

Interesting, I booked last week but mine is 2016 stock. Did you specifically request for 2017?

(edited)

Interesting, I booked last week but mine is 2016 stock. Did you specifically request for 2017?

Hmm. Mine is the 1.5 blue Jazz. Looking at the vin decoder, my 10th character is a H =2017. Unless I'm interpreting this wrongly. Btw, checking with the bros here - my first vin character is J =Jpn but I can't figure out the 11th character which is an X. This should be the manufacturing plant but can't find the Jpn plant online. Online resource shows X as the Mexico plant. Anyone knows?

Oh I didn't ask for any specific year. In fact my SE says in 2016YM. But when I receive my invoice and collected the car. It states 2017YM. Maybe theres a chance that some of the Jazz were replenish with 2017YM?

Edited by Arctalion

I am ok with buying a car sitting around for a year max, but if 2 or 3 years, I am apprehensive to accept. Can always ask SE when is year of manufacture before you sign the contract.

Agree. Cars are big ticket items, liken to fixed asset in P&L, not those consummables that move really fast, so i am ok to 2016 stocks too.

• Praise 2

Hmm. Mine is the 1.5 blue Jazz. Looking at the vin decoder, my 10th character is a H =2017. Unless I'm interpreting this wrongly. Btw, checking with the bros here - my first vin character is J =Jpn but I can't figure out the 11th character which is an X. This should be the manufacturing plant but can't find the Jpn plant online. Online resource shows X as the Mexico plant. Anyone knows?

Oh I didn't ask for any specific year. In fact my SE says in 2016YM. But when I receive my invoice and collected the car. It states 2017YM. Maybe theres a chance that some of the Jazz were replenish with 2017YM?

I see! I also got blue, let's see if I will get the 2017 stock too? haha, but first must clear next week's COE first haha..

Maybe some colours are still 2016 stock? Idk, just making a wild guess..

I see! I also got blue, let's see if I will get the 2017 stock too? haha, but first must clear next week's COE first haha..

Maybe some colours are still 2016 stock? Idk, just making a wild guess..

Great! Blue is a nice color. KM quite zhun in bidding for COE so you will get your ride pretty soon! I remember how excited I was while waiting for them to prepare and deliver the car to me. Tbh, can't really tell the difference between the 2016 or 2017 YM. Most important is covered with the same warranty period.

Great! Blue is a nice color. KM quite zhun in bidding for COE so you will get your ride pretty soon! I remember how excited I was while waiting for them to prepare and deliver the car to me. Tbh, can't really tell the difference between the 2016 or 2017 YM. Most important is covered with the same warranty period.

Blue Nice color too. Saw one recently parked in the same carpark as me.

I sometimes wonder if the ADs had some prearranged agreement. Like this month BM will get the bids, next month KM, and so on...

Haha, I hope I can get my COE next week. I already posted up the sales for my current ride, although no one wants my ride :'(. How long did you all wait before you all get the ride after COE bidding anyway?

Haha, I hope I can get my COE next week. I already posted up the sales for my current ride, although no one wants my ride :'(. How long did you all wait before you all get the ride after COE bidding anyway?

mine was 2 weeks
  • Praise 1

My sales agreement wrote MY2017, but sales agreement is MY2016, colour is also blue. I did ask why still MY2016, SE say is ex-stock, manufactured in Sep 2016. MY2017 got to wait till second half of the year. I assume by end March, the stock should be 2017. KM doesn't import 10 Jazz at one time, likely in the hundreds, so is reasonable, hence I go ahead with the purchase. Conversely, if the car is 2 years or more, I would avoid it.

Anyone heard any mid-life facelift for Jazz?

• Praise 1

My sales agreement wrote MY2017, but sales agreement is MY2016, colour is also blue. I did ask why still MY2016, SE say is ex-stock, manufactured in Sep 2016. MY2017 got to wait till second half of the year. I assume by end March, the stock should be 2017. KM doesn't import 10 Jazz at one time, likely in the hundreds, so is reasonable, hence I go ahead with the purchase. Conversely, if the car is 2 years or more, I would avoid it.

Interesting. Do you know what your 11th character for vin?

My sales agreement wrote MY2017, but sales agreement is MY2016, colour is also blue. I did ask why still MY2016, SE say is ex-stock, manufactured in Sep 2016. MY2017 got to wait till second half of the year. I assume by end March, the stock should be 2017. KM doesn't import 10 Jazz at one time, likely in the hundreds, so is reasonable, hence I go ahead with the purchase. Conversely, if the car is 2 years or more, I would avoid it.

I would stick to YOM2016 coz there have been no issues with jazz made in that year from owners in this forum. However, I am not saying there would be problems for YOM2017.

At least what we gathered now is that KM gives us 2016-2017 stocks, which I guess is pretty decent, just probably means sales for jazz is not as good as what the SE claims to be? haha..

I read online that there's going to be a facelift soon, but it is quite mixed as to whether it is just cosmetics or there's changes to the engine. Different websites saying different things!

At least what we gathered now is that KM gives us 2016-2017 stocks, which I guess is pretty decent, just probably means sales for jazz is not as good as what the SE claims to be? haha..

I read online that there's going to be a facelift soon, but it is quite mixed as to whether it is just cosmetics or there's changes to the engine. Different websites saying different things!

Cannot believe 100% of what SE says... Sometimes they anyhow one... Ultimately they are sales, and they sell cars. :)

Be it 2016 or 2017, still same engine same ride same warranty. It's a nice all rounded car to drive :) think shouldn't be too bothered about the manufacturer date.

↡ Advertisement