2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GK Series)

ren_yeo

Hi bro,

Any feedback on Jazz compare to swift or your decision to pick up jazz.

Never driven a Swift before. But sat in it. Overall feeling quite cramp compared to Jazz. Was looking at cars around 100k range. Sum up main factors why I chose jazz 1.5.

Pricing - Depreciation ∼9k, under 100k.

Practical - spacious for hatchback. Small, easy to park n drive. Adequate power for 5 adults.

Economy - fuel saving above average, maintenance, servicing and part reasonable and easily available at outside workshop.

Had compared against mz2, astra, space star, Sienta.

• Praise 2

Hi bro,

Jazz is overall a more versatile and spacious car, and FC is better than swift. If not mistaken, swift sport is under cat B but a honda jazz 1.5 is just 1bhp short of being in cat b, which makes it a better buy (you can easily tune a jazz to more than 130bhp anytime). I also believe the jazz has a better safety rating than swift, correct me if i am wrong.

Hi bro,

I like Honda VTEC. Probably the strongest reason why I choose Jazz.

Actually overall it is a nice and easy to drive car plus I feel space wise is better than Swift. :D

Edited by Anodiz3

Jazz is overall a more versatile and spacious car, and FC is better than swift. If not mistaken, swift sport is under cat B but a honda jazz 1.5 is just 1bhp short of being in cat b, which makes it a better buy (you can easily tune a jazz to more than 130bhp anytime). I also believe the jazz has a better safety rating than swift, correct me if i am wrong.

Yes can tune above 130 horses but will it be illegal due to coe category unless coe of car is open cat....!
  • Praise 1

Yes can tune above 130 horses but will it be illegal due to coe category unless coe of car is open cat....!

It is not illegal, just don't install a turbo or modify the engine can liao. You don't need much to increase a few bhp. Edited by LPPL
  • Praise 1

6th Gear

Have recently DIY installed tire pressure monitor :

IMG_1493520379069.jpg

What's the cost and is it difficult to install?

What's the cost and is it difficult to install?

Around S$50 for the TPMS with external sensors (i.e. screw-on replacement for tire valve caps).

About S$2 for a fuse tap cable. All from eBay.

The monitor unit is actually for Toyota so it's slightly smaller than our Honda slot. I taped some thin black foam on the sides so that it sits flush with the front panel and not "sink" in. You can see the foam at the bottom of the unit in my photo.

The installation principle is straightforward but the actual work was quite a challenge, only because there is very little access space for fuse box B, and the fuse for the 12V outlet is at the very deepest corner and quite difficult to reach.

Then I had to figure out where to fix my grounding point - in the end I twisted a thick wire around one of the structural frame just above the accelerator pedal.

My knees were sore after having to kneel for quite a while to do the installation.

pic_new_02.jpgpic_new_03.jpgpic_new_04.jpgpic_main08.jpgpic_lineup.jpgfit004-1024x442.jpgfit001-1024x441.jpgfit003-1024x441.jpgfit002-1024x438.jpgpic_interior04.jpgpic_interior01.jpgpic_interior03.jpg

Other technical upgrades include:

- Addition of 1.0L Turbo engine

- Improved Honda Sensing

- Improved I-DCD (gearbox)

• Praise 5