2014 Honda Jazz / Fit (GK Series)

ren_yeo

agree that stock filter is best.  higher flow rate with just as good or better filtration sounds too good to be true.

Also, with the haze issue that can strike any time, not recommended I would think.

• Praise 7

How's the performance of the hurricane air filter?

There is discussion on this filter in MCF. All negative or positive comments are the same world wide.

I using aftermarket filter for 15 years. 1st car K&N 6 years and 2nd car on hurricane 9 years. 3rd car now i choose back hurricane.

Good or back u really got to feel it yourself.

• Praise 2

This car is well equip for cat A car, cruise control, phone blue tooth, paddle shift...its other jap competitors may not have this. Taobao a lot of aftermarket parts, across the causeway you can find more accessories. Where did you get your hurricane filter? $120?

Hijack from Vezel stock which just came in last friday. Ya $120.

• Praise 1

There is discussion on this filter in MCF. All negative or positive comments are the same world wide.

I using aftermarket filter for 15 years. 1st car K&N 6 years and 2nd car on hurricane 9 years. 3rd car now i choose back hurricane.

Good or back u really got to feel it yourself.

true. I used K&N on my 1st car then open pod for my current car, see how it goes when I get my hands on my Jazz next month.

• Praise 2

hi Good morning guys. I have decided to change my rim to SSR type F. It should be 16x7 4x100 offset 42. i need a final info b4 i make the change and that is which size tyre for the above rim and also will there be any problem with the handling of the car after changes. Will be grateful if bro and sis who is currently using the above rim to recommend a good matching set of rubber. Thanks and a blessed day ahead.

Edited by Richardlim31
  • Praise 2

hi Good morning guys. I have decided to change my rim to SSR type F. It should be 16x7 4x100 offset 42. i need a final info b4 i make the change and that is which size tyre for the above rim and also will there be any problem with the handling of the car after changes. Will be grateful if bro and sis who is currently using the above rim to recommend a good mixing set of rubber. Thanks and a blessed day ahead.

Closes size will be 205/50.  Tyre diameter 615mm.  Means your speedo will under-read by ~1%.

So far I've yet to hear of issues like the tyre touching the fenders, at full lock, etc.  A Bro here fitted 205/55-16, diameter increases ~4%, but I didnt see his feedback on any issues.

On 205 section tyre, can expect more grip.  However, steering feel may get heavier or more stable depending on how you perceive it.

Overall acceleration may decrease a little.  FC up a little.  Consider that 205 section is used on 1.8NA as OEM as well as 1.5TC.  E.g, Civic 1.8 with 170+nm of torque  or  MINI Cooper with 220nm .   MINI ONE also has 180nm.  Yesteryear's Colt Ver R, the CVT version  has 140ps with 180nm.

In our case, we make do with 132ps/155nm.  Oh ya, as height of tyre wall is largely the same, ride comfort in terms of harshness/bumpiness may not improve much if at all.

Lastly, I admit, i have never owned or used SSR rims and 205 section tyres.    

• Praise 1

1 more thing.  After market light rims, dont take hits from curbs & potties as well as stock.

After market rims mostly sell 2 as a minimum & the model u want may be phased out at the point when u need it...

Hence, you may want to get a set of 5 rims & go on 5 wheel/tyre rotation.  However, do also consider if the spare tyre cavity can fit and/or whether it will eat into your boot space.

Closes size will be 205/50.  Tyre diameter 615mm.  Means your speedo will under-read by ~1%.

So far I've yet to hear of issues like the tyre touching the fenders, at full lock, etc.  A Bro here fitted 205/55-16, diameter increases ~4%, but I didnt see his feedback on any issues.

On 205 section tyre, can expect more grip.  However, steering feel may get heavier or more stable depending on how you perceive it.

Overall acceleration may decrease a little.  FC up a little.  Consider that 205 section is used on 1.8NA as OEM as well as 1.5TC.  E.g, Civic 1.8 with 170+nm of torque  or  MINI Cooper with 220nm .   MINI ONE also has 180nm.  Yesteryear's Colt Ver R, the CVT version  has 140ps with 180nm.

In our case, we make do with 132ps/155nm.  Oh ya, as height of tyre wall is largely the same, ride comfort in terms of harshness/bumpiness may not improve much if at all.

Lastly, I admit, i have never owned or used SSR rims and 205 section tyres.    Thanks Baal for the very detail info...may i know what rim and tyre you are using?

Lastly, I admit, i have never owned or used SSR rims and 205 section tyres.    Thanks Baal for the very detail info...may i know what rim and tyre you are using?

Still on stock... [:)]

Great...u can tahan all the temptation :)

i'm on stock too.

in my view, the stock rims already very nice to look at, unlike the vezel X rims which is matt silver.

• Praise 1

I use hurrican. For my past 3 cars all ok leh. The last one have mileage at 200k also bo taiji

200k km also bodaiji? so means k&n filter wo oil may be doable. i raise both filters up n view thru ceiling light in shop all can see small pores..

200k km also bodaiji? so means k&n filter wo oil may be doable. i raise both filters up n view thru ceiling light in shop all can see small pores..

Im not sure about k&n but hurricane i have no issues

↡ Advertisement