Haiz...another suicide?

Tt_hh

The mudder f**ked up

100% agree, the madder F**ked up... this incident is her doing..

kenna interview by reporter of course say hit the hand lightly lah.. aputhen..

• Praise 1

Kid suicide liao still say

'I only asked for 70 marks, I don't expect you to get 80 marks,'

Not fugged up meh?

she was only talking and blaming herself for saying that, it is common to have such emotion running and 'scolding' the victim, especially to someone close.

• Praise 5

Yea, 2 fail subject = almost 50 whacks

Oh wait...

20+12+12.5+58+49.5=153 strokes

the mother says average score lah ................. but still ..............  -_-

anyway, don't jump also jump liao .... haiz .............. if have any more siblings better wrap in cotton wool  :mellow:

• Praise 1

how you know when your child tried hard enough?

by the way he handles his homework.

if you have to keep pushing him to do his homework and not play games or watch TV, he is not trying hard enough.

if he does all his homework diligently, and comes to you when he is having problems with it BEFORE he watches TV or play games, then yes, he is trying.

that is my yard stick. my wife has a whole other yardstick for measurement. it really is different for each family. 

how to give a definitive answer leh?

• Praise 3

my son never passed his HC in primary, yet get to pass the PSLE. As the principal mentioned P5 is where they change the format to prepare them for PSLE. It is important to look at the result stats to see the mean and average of the score before blaming the kids.

It is normal for the P5 results to drop significantly, as mentioned by the principle.

I think the mother did not manager this correctly.

• Praise 1

i am exploring with my son about becoming a chef, a hairdresser, and even a policeman [sweatdrop]

i dont mind my son can become like him...career wise only hor...hehehe

post-3324-0-24431700-1477046188.jpg

• Praise 2

It is normal for the P5 results to drop significantly, as mentioned by the principle.

I think the mother did not manager this correctly.

yes, it's not a secret p1-p2 is one level, then P3-P4 is another huge jump in standard (hence my p3 son's result drops also..) and p5-P6 is another huge jump in std...

Edited by Blackyv
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

his other subjects also 50+ only. He would have thought of kena ard 100+ caning. [sweatdrop][:/] So.......................

So his maths too bad actually...

I have shared with many parents, schooling is just a growing up journey for your kids. Your kid will grow up no matter how, so why worry, just let them enjoy.

RIP for u are with the Lord

• Praise 2

she was only talking and blaming herself for saying that, it is common to have such emotion running and 'scolding' the victim, especially to someone close.

Agree

• Praise 7

He appeared fearful of revealing his poor grades to his parents ...

"In his desperation, he had woven a fictitious account of his grades to preserve an impression that he was coping well, and attaining grades that conformed to their pre-set expectations.... He had tragically taken his own life, rather than face the remainder of the day."

• Praise 2

Bro, sometimes easy to say academic not everything

But the reality on the ground feels very different

When a kid is struggling, morale, self esteem for the kid is very low

parents get frustrated when all the tuition and push lead to more F grades

In Singapore, if one does not have a decent educational certificate and if ones parents cannot afford to send one overseas,

yes, there will always be some who will make good, but the future for most does look dim

i got 4 A for my o levels

A for absence [laugh] 

anyway having good academic result is good but not having is not end of the world.

1 guy i know of, from ntu thought having a degree meant unspeakable wealth back in 2000.

kept very quiet after i told him i walk home from kpo

to all parents . not having a very academic incline child is ok

but having a lazy and not motivated child would be a big no no :yuush:

• Praise 15

Some parents are not high achievers themselves but expect the kids to be high achievers. That's where the pressure comes from ...

• Praise 9

Turbocharged

i am exploring with my son about becoming a chef, a hairdresser, and even a policeman [sweatdrop]

You want to send him to my place for training?  [laugh]

Guarantee within 10 yrs become Gordon Ramsey level..

• Praise 3

You want to send him to my place for training? [laugh]

Guarantee within 10 yrs become Gordon Ramsey level..

Gordon Ramsey makes bingsu? Or u branched out to other f&b offerings liao?
  • Praise 2

RIP young child.

Probably best to leave the world than face that piece of hard wood again and again.

Flesh and blood, parents.....YOUR flesh and blood. Better they be alive than dead with perfect scores or even 70 or 80 out of 100 marks.

It's your choice. NOT the government or school or friends or whoever. Your choice to define what is true success and what is happiness. If you choose to follow others and fail to take precious time to understand your child and his/her talents or gifts, dun be shocked if they chose to go...afterall, life isn't about high scores or type of schools or even type of house or car.

Love and cherish your child. Let go your own agenda and personal dreams that you were unable to see in your own life.... Let your child have a choice and you guide him/her to making that choice a reality, be it being a chef, policeman, nurse etc.

Safe ride

Always a sad day to read about a suicide, especially of a child.

• Praise 2