LHD and RHD tyres

LoneCatFish

Recently heard of this from someone who parallel imported tyres, is there such thing as Left Hand Drive and Right Hand Drive tyres? I can't make logical sense of what's the difference between tyres for LHD and RHD. Google search don't give anything conclusive.

Any expert can enlighten? Thanks.

↡ Advertisement

There is no such distinction of LHD and RHD tyres.

Tyres are either

1.uni-directional (there will be an arrow on the sidewall indicating direction of travel). Example TOYO R888. So if you think about it, a uni-directional rim/tyre mounted on the left side of your car, cannot be taken out and fitted on the right side, because the direction of travel will not be the same.

Which is why no spare tyre is uni-directional tyre. It can only be fitted on either left side, or right side of car.

OR

2. One side of the sidewall must always face outside (there will be markings on sidewall saying OUTSIDE). Example F1A2, PS3, PSS etc. This type of tyre is very common. Uni-directional tyres are more rare.

Both types of tyres each have their pros and cons.

Edited by Richardwan

I only know that is LHD and RHD car and the suspension geometry DIFF

may be tyre company should mark the tyre LHD / RHD [bounce2]

or may be any expert here can share any diff in terms of Spare part for LHD/ RHD?

From what i know normally RWD car using assymetric tyre.

LHD and RHD doesn't make much difference , car maker cannot make car weight ratio 70-30, 80-20 on left and right .unless the driver is more than 200kg...... then you need SUV tyre on your picanto.

↡ Advertisement