Marina Bay cruise centre plagued by gridlock...

Bonafidestack

world class when few people; very nice showroom. But, kena sai when titanic berths.

5000 passengers already cannot cope? Wah piang le later dont call the Marina Bay cruise Centre as World Class Cruise Centre

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

5000 passengers already cannot cope? Wah piang le later dont call the Marina Bay cruise Centre as World Class Cruise Centre

Maybe the name no good feng shui?, never mind, hold a naming competition lor,... Oppss, nearly forget,,. they might change the name from mbcc to mbcc.... Lol...

ST_20140416_MLCRUISE16_237574e.jpg

Travellers disembarking from a Royal Caribbean cruise ship in January. Passengers at the Marina Bay Cruise Centre Singapore have complained about long waits at the immigration checkpoints, and for taxis. -- ST PHOTO: KEVIN LIM

Come heavy rains and strong winds, all these people would get wet as the walkway is not sheltered, unlike the Aircon walkway at HarbourFront Cruise Centre. Why never adopt all the good points for MBCC planning and operations.

Edited by Opel17
  • Praise 2

This is similar to countless white elephant infrastructures built by incompetent and corrupt governments in the region, the "Build First Plan Later" mentality. I hope the high speed rail doesn't suffer the same fate. IMHO cruise holidays are some of the most expensive and boring holidays out there.

• Praise 2

This is similar to countless white elephant infrastructures built by incompetent and corrupt governments in the region, the "Build First Plan Later" mentality. I hope the high speed rail doesn't suffer the same fate. IMHO cruise holidays are some of the most expensive and boring holidays out there.

Totally agree. They see potential in this segment and they work toward it. But they never understand the idea of value. When i pay $10 i expect a $10.10 thing/product.

Supercharged

I think with our COE, we can buy this kind of vehicle. . .

amphibious-car-meet-7.jpg?imgmax=800

Like that gridlock then gridlock lor. 6.9 million also never mind, we have lotsa water to play with! hahaha.

and everyone will hope the ponding will occur more often!!

Some suggestions for MBCC to consider :

1. City location for check-in and checkout of luggages.

* the luggage will go directly to the respective cabins, so there is no need for intermediate handling by passengers.

2. Free shuttle services for passengers to/fro the City location. This will lessen the traffic volume to MBCC.

3. City location : Suntec City ? Convenient access to major public transport, lots of coach parking, Aircon mall, etc...

wah.. CBD already very crowded leh..

If really want to shift the check-in/out location.. I suggest Singapore Flyer!! that one becoming one big white elephant soon..

Totally agree. They see potential in this segment and they work toward it. But they never understand the idea of value. When i pay $10 i expect a $10.10 thing/product.

they is pay $10, expect $10000 return!!

Edited by Knoobie

If really want to shift the check-in/out location.. I suggest Singapore Flyer!! that one becoming one big white elephant soon..

Hahha. $10000 too much lah.

Singapore Flyer is a good location, as I remember there is a very big coach parking area. Is there MRT nearby?

Passengers are advised not to take a ride on the Flyer before the cruise. kenna stuck in the Flyer mean they can wave goodbye to the cruise liner from the Flyer.

Singapore Flyer is a good location, as I remember there is a very big coach parking area. Is there MRT nearby?

Passengers are advised not to take a ride on the Flyer before the cruise. kenna stuck in the Flyer mean they can wave goodbye to the cruise liner from the Flyer.

Also have to consider how the F1 races would affect the choice of location.

How many tourists arrive via air vs via sea vs via land? You will get the answer by answering this Q.

How come airport no such congestion? So many planes landed?

How is the cruise ship gona enter the marina reservoir to reach the flyer??? [laugh]

How is the cruise ship gona enter the marina reservoir to reach the flyer??? [laugh]

The suggested locations at Flyer or Suntec City are for "city check-in" of luggages and passengers. Luggages would be transferred directly to the respective cabins. Passengers would be shuttled to the MBCC. This would ease the traffic situation at MBCC.

Of course MBCC have to evaluate these suggestions.

Never heard of this place until now, becos gotta see some family members off on a cruise.

I googled the area but couldn't see any car park lots or access.

Could some kind soul help out with a rough guide? TIA !

↡ Advertisement