• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
116 replies to this topic | 46 praises

Posted 10 June 2016 - 02:12 PM

sibehsuay
  • sibehsuay
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I got use Soon Lee Audio House at Geylang. Good work and friendly staff. Price also wasn't chop carrot type.

Posted 24 June 2016 - 04:33 PM

Kayaloti
  • Kayaloti
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone still in contact with Ah Meng to do DIY?

Posted 03 July 2016 - 03:15 AM

Just-Chrome
  • Premium member
    Just-Chrome
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Is Ah Meng still doing installation? Tried calling him, no answer le. Did he changed his mobile number?

Posted 27 September 2016 - 12:08 PM

Kelby
  • Kelby
    Clutched
    Author Image

Any shop will buy in HU and 4chn amp as car going to scrap soon.

Posted 18 November 2016 - 09:34 AM

JDMalways
  • JDMalways
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi Bros and Sis,

I have amp, tweeter and woofer at the boot. But recently 1 of the tweeter sometimes no sound sometime have. Most of the time do not have. i suspect is the amp actually as it is under passenger seat.

Any place i can check it out?

Another question is, if i change car, is it possible to trade in current set for a new set or move the old set to new car?

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:01 AM

Genes
  • Genes
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Yes, and yes. Depends on how much you wanna spend. Trade in for ICE usually buay tat lui one

iPhone or iMia?

Posted 18 November 2016 - 10:07 AM

Galantspeedz
  • Premium member
    Galantspeedz
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I got use Soon Lee Audio House at Geylang. Good work and friendly staff. Price also wasn't chop carrot type.

the last time i change my car key battery with them, 3 weeks no batt again....

then after that i change at another shop, now 2 yrs still ok lor 

MCF PS3 Gang
MCF Hamsup Tiko Ranger

Posted 02 December 2016 - 06:19 PM

coolbluepica
  • coolbluepica
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Any views on focal utopia ? I'm planning of upgrading my speakers and to mosconi amps.

Posted 02 December 2016 - 08:49 PM

Jq1988
  • Premium member
    Jq1988
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I recommend autoimage
Japanese girl is awesome!

Posted 02 December 2016 - 09:55 PM

coolbluepica
  • coolbluepica
    1st Gear
    Author Image

I recommend autoimage

Focal utopia is the speakers.

Posted 02 December 2016 - 11:32 PM

Jq1988
  • Premium member
    Jq1988
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Focal utopia is the speakers.

I know la...just recommending an audio expert to fix it Ma...autoimage lor. They can advise and tell You what is the best! Everyone has personal sound preference so better look for expert!!

Edited by Jq1988, 02 December 2016 - 11:36 PM.

Japanese girl is awesome!

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:59 AM

Jusnel
  • Jusnel
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Can I just DIY to take out the amplifier, capacitor and subwoofer, without going to workshop?

These are installed at my boot area. From the way I see, it's just cables connected to these items.

If I just unsrew the cables from these items, shld be ok right? Will the stock sound system be affected by this?

Posted 24 December 2016 - 01:08 PM

Sbtyong
  • Sbtyong
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi Bros and Sis,

I have amp, tweeter and woofer at the boot. But recently 1 of the tweeter sometimes no sound sometime have. Most of the time do not have. i suspect is the amp actually as it is under passenger seat.

Any place i can check it out?

Another question is, if i change car, is it possible to trade in current set for a new set or move the old set to new car?

I also have such problem, one side of speaker sometime have sound, sometime now sound. 

where you go to rectify the problem? 

Posted 11 January 2017 - 04:00 PM

DodoGT
  • DodoGT
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

i have audio DYNAUDIO in my Passat 

Posted 11 January 2017 - 10:17 PM

Saggice
  • Premium member
    Saggice
    Clutched
    Author Image

Hi,

Was charged $400 for only labor installation

Amplifier
Front component speakers
Rear full range speaker
active sub woofer with capacitor

Only installation without any cables or equipment.
Is this normal?

Very very expensive.... got carrot Le.
It's just installation labour only.

Posted 18 January 2017 - 08:43 AM

cmdsea
  • cmdsea
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

My wife's car is coming to 10 years and after much thought we are probably going to renew the COE and use it for a few more years.

Thing is, since new its had a really really crappy sound system. Its a completely stock Subaru R2 and came with a basic Alpine head unit and very tinny and weak speakers. 

Our original plan was to use it for a while and then upgrade it, but it never happened. I would like to surprise her with a better system but dont have a crazy budget to get this done. 

If I said a max of say $1k budget would this be enough to make any noticeable improvement for the sound.? Also should i concentrate on just getting better speakers installed or would that be enough for both a better head end and speakers to be installed.?

Thanks to any guru for advice. 

Posted 18 January 2017 - 09:15 AM

Justdaniel
  • Premium member
    Justdaniel
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

If you want good SQ you have to get a better HU with better speakers. You should not install any amp. as an amp. consume high power. If your budget is tight, you should look for a second hand HU and hopefully it comes with speakers. Some on sales are of very good quality. No point getting a new set for a COE car. Get a reliable brand like Alpine or Pioneer because I.C.E are subjected to rough handling comparing to home theater. 

Back to In-Car-Entertainment  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Karcool Air Conditioning And Engineering Co.

Karcool Air Conditioning And Engineering Co.  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by guoxiong  |  Neutral Newbie

I just bought a qq from a rental company that is bad in shape but this workshop eventually fixed the problem I had.

1st day @ Karcool kaki bukit - oil leak. 2 of mechanics help me look through what problem I had and advice me to change sensor and gasket at a attractive price.

2nd day @ Karcool changi road - as the mechanics in kaki bukit advi... » Read More

Han Revolution

Han Revolution  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by R3xx0r  |  Neutral Newbie

I did door pillar wrap (brush steel) at Hans Revolution. The workmanship is awesome and they offer good & Sound advice on the mods. Very honest people and what is good is that there is no need to pay parking fee.

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Audio System - In Car Entertainment

Quick Reply

Tags: sound system, audio, shop and 1 more...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users