Audio Shop Recommendation

DarkFly3r

Focal utopia is the speakers.

I know la...just recommending an audio expert to fix it Ma...autoimage lor. They can advise and tell You what is the best! Everyone has personal sound preference so better look for expert!! Edited by Jq1988

Can I just DIY to take out the amplifier, capacitor and subwoofer, without going to workshop?

These are installed at my boot area. From the way I see, it's just cables connected to these items.

If I just unsrew the cables from these items, shld be ok right? Will the stock sound system be affected by this?

Hi Bros and Sis,

I have amp, tweeter and woofer at the boot. But recently 1 of the tweeter sometimes no sound sometime have. Most of the time do not have. i suspect is the amp actually as it is under passenger seat.

Any place i can check it out?

Another question is, if i change car, is it possible to trade in current set for a new set or move the old set to new car?

I also have such problem, one side of speaker sometime have sound, sometime now sound. 

where you go to rectify the problem? 

Hi,

Was charged $400 for only labor installation

Amplifier

Front component speakers

Rear full range speaker

active sub woofer with capacitor

Only installation without any cables or equipment.

Is this normal?

Very very expensive.... got carrot Le.

It's just installation labour only.

My wife's car is coming to 10 years and after much thought we are probably going to renew the COE and use it for a few more years.

Thing is, since new its had a really really crappy sound system. Its a completely stock Subaru R2 and came with a basic Alpine head unit and very tinny and weak speakers. 

Our original plan was to use it for a while and then upgrade it, but it never happened. I would like to surprise her with a better system but dont have a crazy budget to get this done. 

If I said a max of say $1k budget would this be enough to make any noticeable improvement for the sound.? Also should i concentrate on just getting better speakers installed or would that be enough for both a better head end and speakers to be installed.?

Thanks to any guru for advice. 

If you want good SQ you have to get a better HU with better speakers. You should not install any amp. as an amp. consume high power. If your budget is tight, you should look for a second hand HU and hopefully it comes with speakers. Some on sales are of very good quality. No point getting a new set for a COE car. Get a reliable brand like Alpine or Pioneer because I.C.E are subjected to rough handling comparing to home theater. 

My wife's car is coming to 10 years and after much thought we are probably going to renew the COE and use it for a few more years.

Thing is, since new its had a really really crappy sound system. Its a completely stock Subaru R2 and came with a basic Alpine head unit and very tinny and weak speakers.

Our original plan was to use it for a while and then upgrade it, but it never happened. I would like to surprise her with a better system but dont have a crazy budget to get this done.

If I said a max of say $1k budget would this be enough to make any noticeable improvement for the sound.? Also should i concentrate on just getting better speakers installed or would that be enough for both a better head end and speakers to be installed.?

Thanks to any guru for advice.

Most definitely.

Add a 4 channel amp..change to some decent component speakers and viola!

Due to the size of your car..i doubt you have space for a subwoofer..to migitate that..get some good 6.5 inch speakers to compensate.

i have a Rodex 4 ch amp, an Orion monobloc amp, and a multi channel crossover network

All used set taken off from previous ride

letting go cheap

pm me to discuss

Was quoted the following from Chuan Sing Audio,

1) Helix speakers x 4

2) Mosconi Amp 4 way

3) sub woofer

Abt $1300. Price reasonable ?

You can do a price check here:

http://www.mycarforum.com/index.php?app=sgcarstore&req=listprod&cat=6

Try to go to a reputable audio shop with qualified staff who can do a proper job tuning a car audio system and do decent sound proofing. Heard Chuan Sing is good. I regretted going to a 'recommended merchant' who didnt do a good job on my ride.

• Praise 1

hi all,

need advice, my car scrapping soon but i want to remove all ICE installed and sell.

Who will buy these 2nd hand ICE as they will need to find their own audio shop to install. 

• Praise 1

hi all,

need advice, my car scrapping soon but i want to remove all ICE installed and sell.

Who will buy these 2nd hand ICE as they will need to find their own audio shop to install. 

what do u have?

↡ Advertisement