Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

Anyone knows why this is not popular. Was considering but if 10 years down the road no more then hard to service without spare parts

no need to worry about spare parts. there is always stockist to fall on to. Unless you like to 'zhng' your car, then it might have some difficulty to get aftermath product. It is also quite difficult to get cheap alternative 3rd party spare parts too. But stock spare part is quite cheap as compare to the japanese counterpart. 

Turbocharged

As I say... would you save a bit of money and take what I consider an unwarranted risk? After all, you do need to change the timing belt, an important and critical component... what's a even $1000 or $2000 in servicing cost compared to the loss when it snaps and your engine gets totaled?

Then who decide at what level we should change earlier? How much earlier? If stated 100k, you change at 90k? Why not 80k? Then who say cannot change at 70k? So, the so call mitigate the risk factor by changing earlier become a moving target depends on individual... I respect that but what I'm pointing out is what the manufacturer does and its up to you to decide what you wanna do with your car but by saying change earlier base on your personal yardstick is not appropriate.

• Praise 1

Then who decide at what level we should change earlier? How much earlier? If stated 100k, you change at 90k? Why not 80k? Then who say cannot change at 70k? So, the so call mitigate the risk factor by changing earlier become a moving target depends on individual... I respect that but what I'm pointing out is what the manufacturer does and its up to you to decide what you wanna do with your car but by saying change earlier base on your personal yardstick is not appropriate.

Usually 10K before. That's my ballpark.

Finally bit the bullet... booked a Sonata S/R model. Hope I get the COE on Wed. The SE pretty confident.

Got chance to get the COE. Few Sonata on the roads and Kmc need to put more for advertisement.  How much was it and what is the COE rebate?

Hello... attached the file below...

COE rebate is $41,000

Price listed is $123,999 (no change)

After discounts, price is $120,999.

No loan taken. 6 months road tax.

In car camera (SE says don't know brand) plus V-Kool solar film.

The glass of the Sonata says >70% transparency. So it is already been factory tinted. So any solar film installation can be the clear type only with UV & IR rejection. I have no idea which tier V-Kool film will be installed.post-167839-0-85859400-1458626515_thumb.jpg

Hello... attached the file below...

COE rebate is $41,000

Price listed is $123,999 (no change)

After discounts, price is $120,999.

No loan taken. 6 months road tax.

In car camera (SE says don't know brand) plus V-Kool solar film.

The glass of the Sonata says >70% transparency. So it is already been factory tinted. So any solar film installation can be the clear type only with UV & IR rejection. I have no idea which tier V-Kool film will be installed.attachicon.gifIMG-20160321-WA0007.jpg

Oh they up the price 10k..the last time i chk the car was at 114988 something like that

Some points to note:

1) The specs list for the Sonata is hopelessly out of date... it says 31 Oct 2014...

Some important differences between the S/R model (premium) and the non-S/R model (standard):

- no sunroof for standard (premium sunroof, panoramic with front half tilt/open fully and automatically retractable sunroof shade)

- no cruise control for standard (premium non-adaptive type cruise control)

- no passenger electric seat for standard (premium electric front passenger, no memory)

- no memory seats for driver's seat standard (premium memory function, 2 settings)

- no front parking sensors for standard (premium 4 front)

- only 2 rear parking sensors for standard (premium 4 rear)

- reverse camera image displays on rear view mirror, not on the multimedia touchscreen for standard (premium reverse camera displays on multimedia touchscreen)

- no blind spot detection for standard (premium blind spot detection, icon on wing mirror lights up orange, with a beeping sound)

- no seat ventilation for driver and front passenger seat for standard (premium cooling & heating function, 3 levels for both functions)

- no puddle light for standard (premium puddle light under wing mirror)

- no door handle welcome light for standard (premium welcome light when you walk near the car)

- no 3-second hands-free boot release for standard (premium stand at boot for 3 seconds and it will automatically open the boot, no motorised, just pops open)

- no 18" rims, 215/55/17 with Nexen tires for standard (premium 18" rims, different rim design, nicer, 235/45/18, Kumho tires)

- no automatic wipers for standard trim (premium comes with this feature)

Some features listed on the brochure & specs list but are missing:

- no front fog lamps for both trims

- no low beam for both trims

- no rear fog lamps for both trims

- no auto up/down for rear windows for both trims

- no headlamp washer for both trims

Some other features:

- static bending lights for both trims

- LED day-time running lights for both trims

- chrome exhaust muffler for both trims

- rotary temperature control for aircon for both trims

- leather seats are locally fitted for both trims

- traction control for both trims (ESP)

- HID head lamps (main beam) for both trims (didn't check high beam)

- Head unit is touch screen albeit smaller than usual and supports multimedia for both trims.

- Auto headlights for both trims

- Keyless engine start button for both trims

Some stuff I don't understand:

There is this lamp at the bottom centre of the rear bumper sill which looks like an LED rear fog lamp. But I can't switch it on. Neither could my SE. The left signal stalk which controls lighting has a spring loaded switch that shows the rear fog lamp icon and a white solid circle. If you push the switch down to the rear fog lamp icon and let go, it springs back to the white solid circle position. I tried switching the rear fog lamps on but that red rear lamp doesn't light up. I tried it on the display model (standard), the test drive car (premium), and a car that was being prepared in the workshop for delivery. All three cars' lamps didn't light up. Possibly not connected? Anyone knows the answer? See picture of the lamp. I didn't take a picture of the signal stalk.post-167839-0-75004700-1458629549_thumb.jpg

post-167839-0-40183700-1458629657_thumb.jpg

Front light cluster. Note only one bulb for main beam + high beam. No low beam bulb due to presence of DRL. I checked the front light cluster for other countries, look the same leh. Signal bulb is orange on leftmost position. The other strangely positioned bulb is the static bending light that only lights up when you turn on the lights and turn the front wheels beyond a certain angle. Didn't try for this one.

post-167839-0-32880900-1458629847_thumb.jpg

This is the light grey that I chose. It's called Polished, code - VS7. Only white & dark horse (brown) comes with the two tone dark brown/beige interior which I really liked. But due to delivery date issues, I had to settle for polished (grey). All other colours come with the full black interior.

Finally, I was told that the overtrade facility (the $2000 discount in the price sheet posted) will be discontinued from Wed, 23 Mar onwards. So if you are unsure, this might help tip the balance.

Oh they up the price 10k..the last time i chk the car was at 114988 something like that

Lowest was $102,999 (standard), $112,999 (premium). SE says got people get COE even at this price. Note that this price was given after COE dropped to $38K. They collected 3 weeks of orders and the next COE price was $46K. I wonder how they manage to secure COE like that. So take that with a large pinch of salt.

I felt that the current prices are a bit more realistic given the margins the dealers have to make. I expect the COE to inch up a bit with tomorrow's bidding exercise.

• Praise 3

Some points to note:

1) The specs list for the Sonata is hopelessly out of date... it says 31 Oct 2014...

Some important differences between the S/R model (premium) and the non-S/R model (standard):

- no sunroof for standard (premium sunroof, panoramic with front half tilt/open fully and automatically retractable sunroof shade)

- no passenger electric seat for standard (premium electric front passenger, no memory)

- no memory seats for driver's seat standard (premium memory function, 2 settings)

- only 2 rear parking sensors for standard (premium 4 rear)

- reverse camera image displays on rear view mirror, not on the multimedia touchscreen for standard (premium reverse camera displays on multimedia touchscreen)

- no blind spot detection for standard (premium blind spot detection, icon on wing mirror lights up orange, with a beeping sound)

- no seat ventilation for driver and front passenger seat for standard (premium cooling & heating function, 3 levels for both functions)

- no door handle welcome light for standard (premium welcome light when you walk near the car)

- no 3-second hands-free boot release for standard (premium stand at boot for 3 seconds and it will automatically open the boot, no motorised, just pops open)

- no 18" rims, 215/55/17 with Nexen tires for standard (premium 18" rims, different rim design, nicer, 235/45/18, Kumho tires)

Some other features:

- Head unit is touch screen albeit smaller than usual and supports multimedia for both trims.

There is this lamp at the bottom centre of the rear bumper sill which looks like an LED rear fog lamp. But I can't switch it on. Neither could my SE. The left signal stalk which controls lighting has a spring loaded switch that shows the rear fog lamp icon and a white solid circle. If you push the switch down to the rear fog lamp icon and let go, it springs back to the white solid circle position. I tried switching the rear fog lamps on but that red rear lamp doesn't light up. I tried it on the display model (standard), the test drive car (premium), and a car that was being prepared in the workshop for delivery. All three cars' lamps didn't light up. Possibly not connected? Anyone knows the answer? See picture of the lamp. I didn't take a picture of the signal stalk.attachicon.gifIMG-20160321-WA0022.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG-20160321-WA0020.jpg

Front light cluster. Note only one bulb for main beam + high beam. No low beam bulb due to presence of DRL. I checked the front light cluster for other countries, look the same leh. Signal bulb is orange on leftmost position. The other strangely positioned bulb is the static bending light that only lights up when you turn on the lights and turn the front wheels beyond a certain angle. Didn't try for this one.

attachicon.gifIMG-20160321-WA0016.jpg

This is the light grey that I chose. It's called Polished, code - VS7. Only white & dark horse (brown) comes with the two tone dark brown/beige interior which I really liked. But due to delivery date issues, I had to settle for polished (grey). All other colours come with the full black interior.

Finally, I was told that the overtrade facility (the $2000 discount in the price sheet posted) will be discontinued from Wed, 23 Mar onwards. So if you are unsure, this might help tip the balance.

Lowest was $102,999 (standard), $112,999 (premium). SE says got people get COE even at this price. Note that this price was given after COE dropped to $38K. They collected 3 weeks of orders and the next COE price was $46K. I wonder how they manage to secure COE like that. So take that with a large pinch of salt.

I felt that the current prices are a bit more realistic given the margins the dealers have to make. I expect the COE to inch up a bit with tomorrow's bidding exercise.

Oh ya its 112999 i forgot..i went see this car when coe at 38k..

This car got lots of features i like and no loading for no loan from komoco i like but i book teana 2.5L over sonata at 12k more ex is due to comfort that teana gave,not even sonata or camry can compare.

Lucky i know some pple that help me get a very good deal with tan chong and no loading too (normally is 2k for no loan by tan chong)

It's a pity i can't own this beauty now

Oh ya its 112999 i forgot..i went see this car when coe at 38k..

This car got lots of features i like and no loading for no loan from komoco i like but i book teana 2.5L over sonata at 12k more ex is due to comfort that teana gave,not even sonata or camry can compare.

Lucky i know some pple that help me get a very good deal with tan chong and no loading too (normally is 2k for no loan by tan chong)

It's a pity i can't own this beauty now

Wah... 2.5L road tax is a killer leh... $1700+... siong!

Go for the best is can..

Don't half way 5354

I would have gotten a Ford Mondeo then... but it's $10K more... no money lar...

Anyway, does anyone know where I can get a bumper protector for the boot? I tend to have to load stuff into the boot and heavy stuff. I have seen some cars come with a mat that can be placed over the rear bumper to protect it from dents and scratches when loading the boot. I probably would have to buy a ready-made (if available) or do a custom-made piece. Anyone has idea or contacts? For the Sonata.

121k is actually high price liao but at least they did move up the rebate amt too.

That time 112999 is 31k rebate.

Ford mondeo is very swee but parts easy find bo is another story..I think currently stay with jap and Korea brand should be quite safe bah..

i pay just 4k more for my teana compare to your sonata but that is in feb

Anyway, does anyone know where I can get a bumper protector for the boot? I tend to have to load stuff into the boot and heavy stuff. I have seen some cars come with a mat that can be placed over the rear bumper to protect it from dents and scratches when loading the boot. I probably would have to buy a ready-made (if available) or do a custom-made piece. Anyone has idea or contacts? For the Sonata.

For the taxi kind u can go paya lebar there got 1 auto shop doing.. $25 per piece

121k is actually high price liao but at least they did move up the rebate amt too.

That time 112999 is 31k rebate.

Ford mondeo is very swee but parts easy find bo is another story..I think currently stay with jap and Korea brand should be quite safe bah..

i pay just 4k more for my teana compare to your sonata but that is in feb

For the taxi kind u can go paya lebar there got 1 auto shop doing.. $25 per piece

The Teana is like only $2K more. But I really hate a CVT lor... I have driven the Impreza is Hokkaido before with CVT... wah... teeth-gnashing time... seriously. The normal torque converter autobox is much better... best is manual lar... but where to find now?

Oh Paya Lebar... do you know exactly where? What do you mean taxi kind? I seldom take taxis, not sure what you mean. Thanks!

The Teana is like only $2K more. But I really hate a CVT lor... I have driven the Impreza is Hokkaido before with CVT... wah... teeth-gnashing time... seriously. The normal torque converter autobox is much better... best is manual lar... but where to find now?

Oh Paya Lebar... do you know exactly where? What do you mean taxi kind? I seldom take taxis, not sure what you mean. Thanks!

When i book in feb (price after discounts)

Sonata high spec is 112999

Teana 2.5L is 124800

Now sonata is 120999

Teana is 132999

Diff is 12k..

I test drive teana 2 times with and without ECO on..i find the power for eco oso good lei..

As for CVT i quite like the smoothness of it.maybe is my current camry is 4 at so i always feel the gearbox..

Maybe a change is good or maybe i old man heart cannot take excited and only cvt smooth gear..

Some points to note:

- only 2 rear parking sensors for standard (premium 4 rear)

- no 18" rims, 215/55/17 with Nexen tires for standard (premium 18" rims, different rim design, nicer, 235/45/18, Kumho tires)

Some other features:

There is this lamp at the bottom centre of the rear bumper sill which looks like an LED rear fog lamp. But I can't switch it on. Neither could my SE. The left signal stalk which controls lighting has a spring loaded switch that shows the rear fog lamp icon and a white solid circle. If you push the switch down to the rear fog lamp icon and let go, it springs back to the white solid circle position. I tried switching the rear fog lamps on but that red rear lamp doesn't light up. I tried it on the display model (standard), the test drive car (premium), and a car that was being prepared in the workshop for delivery. All three cars' lamps didn't light up. Possibly not connected? Anyone knows the answer? See picture of the lamp. I didn't take a picture of the signal stalk.attachicon.gifIMG-20160321-WA0022.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG-20160321-WA0020.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG-20160321-WA0016.jpg

I did booked the Sonata at $102,999 and gotten my COE. now waiting for shipment.

Can i verify if the reverse camera image displays on rear view mirror, not on the multimedia touchscreen for standard cos i was not told about this... :(

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1