Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

hmmm....wonder when will the new Sonata be released in Singapore ? Recently checked out the current Teana and Camry...personally dun think that they can make it (for that matter it seems like these models has taken a step backwards).

Hopefully the new Sonata is an improvement over the current i45....

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

hmmm....wonder when will the new Sonata be released in Singapore ? Recently checked out the current Teana and Camry...personally dun think that they can make it (for that matter it seems like these models has taken a step backwards).

Hopefully the new Sonata is an improvement over the current i45....

How backwards does the new camry and teana have taken? i45 change the name back to sonata?

• Praise 1

How backwards does the new camry and teana have taken? i45 change the name back to sonata?

i45 is known as YF Sonata in Korea and USA.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

i45 is known as YF Sonata in Korea and USA.

So Hyundai now like they first use elantra, then changed to avante and now back to elantra. So sonata also same. First sonata then i45 and now sonata again?

Hypersonic

So Hyundai now like they first use elantra, then changed to avante and now back to elantra. So sonata also same. First sonata then i45 and now sonata again?

In Korea they are always using the Sonata name.

Only in some market, they are using the i45.

• Praise 1

Komoco problem. They mentioned before that they chose to use the i45 name to differentiate from the taxi Sonatas. For some reason they decided to name it Avante for the 4th gen Elantra

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Seems like Korean cars marketing tactic is not to establish any household brand model, as they keep changing their car model names, and none of them retain the name for long.

• Praise 1

Seems like Korean cars marketing tactic is not to establish any household brand model, as they keep changing their car model names, and none of them retain the name for long.

Same for Japanese Cars lah.

• Praise 1

Except for names like Skyline, Crown, Cedric, etc.

The R34 Skyline is different from the new Skyline and the new GT-R.

Turbocharged

The R34 Skyline is different from the new Skyline and the new GT-R.

Was referring to plain jane jdm skyline series which hasn't changed its name for rong rong time. Even for GTR, the technology n positioning may have changed to deal with competition, but the name still remains. We can't really expect the technology to stay when others progress.

Twincharged

Probably because they are getting better now so they want to change the way they name the cars so that people will not associate the newer models with the previous generations which were bad.

• Praise 2

Hope it comes soon and Hyundai can concentrate on selling the i40 saloons to ComfortDelgro and leave this model alone from the taxi fleet. Engine choices here will be interesting, likely we'll see the 2.0 Nu and 2.4 Theta engines as found in the Optima in this car, for some reason aside from the Veloster Turbo, all Hyundai models here are devoid of the more modern GDi engines here, still stubbornly stuck to the older MPI units.

• Praise 1

Hope it comes soon and Hyundai can concentrate on selling the i40 saloons to ComfortDelgro and leave this model alone from the taxi fleet. Engine choices here will be interesting, likely we'll see the 2.0 Nu and 2.4 Theta engines as found in the Optima in this car, for some reason aside from the Veloster Turbo, all Hyundai models here are devoid of the more modern GDi engines here, still stubbornly stuck to the older MPI units.

The i40 estate is GDi engine.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1