Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

My SE says can repair the rim. They will grind it down... but he didn't say how much... sigh... not sure want to do or not...

↡ Advertisement

Today a new warning signal that I have never seen before lit up on my trip computer display...

I was parking head in to my usual parking space at work. The front sensors went off with the green then yellow colours in front of the car graphic on the display. After some distance, the fan-shaped patch that contains the green/yellow/red warning colours greyed out and was replaced with an orange triangle with an exclamation mark inside the triangle. It is the same type that you see when the rear cross traffic alert pops up. When I back out, the colour patches came back... so weird. What is the car warning me about? Anyone has encountered this? I'm going out later to see if I can replicate the warning.

My SE says can repair the rim. They will grind it down... but he didn't say how much... sigh... not sure want to do or not...

No need to do lah. That time 1 month old I drove past the kerb and rear right wheel scraped across. Heart pain for the next few days but decided to accumulate more then go fix. Fast forward till now, all the rims got their own scratches and don't intend to fix any lol

(edited)

Update me on this too pls. Scratched my rim too.. :(

Yikes... that's bad... I didn't do it finally... Edited by teomingern

Got the Sonata after tested Camry, Mazda 6 and Accord. Surprising Korean car is so good and refine now.

I parked beside Audi A4 today, and Sonata is as good

Welcome bro!!! Do take a look at the whole thread. Lots of info there... 

Just a few questions if you don't mind:

1) When did you buy your Sonata?

2) Sunroof or standard model

3) What colour?

4) What's your on-the-road price?

5) What are the freebies you got?

6) Anything else about your ride that you would like to share

Cheers!!!

Got the Sonata after tested Camry, Mazda 6 and Accord. Surprising Korean car is so good and refine now.

I parked beside Audi A4 today, and Sonata is as good

Haha, yes, the Audi will look like a "smaller" saloon/younger brother!

Sonata - wise choice, value for money, with more specs and I believed more accessories available too (but don't overdo the chrome...a bit tacky).

yah me too. cannot stand the chrome part. but in many country include north america and euro, only the high trim model come with chrome

Not the chrome bits that come with the sunroof model here... but the extra bits that people like to stick over the tail lights, the front lights, the bumper corners, the grilles, the side of the car and even metallic chrome covers for the wing mirrors... wah... seriously over-doing the blink... US likes the bling stuff....

Not the chrome bits that come with the sunroof model here... but the extra bits that people like to stick over the tail lights, the front lights, the bumper corners, the grilles, the side of the car and even metallic chrome covers for the wing mirrors... wah... seriously over-doing the blink... US likes the bling stuff....

i think china also like that kind of bling bling stuff. because all the bling bling stuff you had mention can be buy from Taobao.

Turbocharged

If there is an exposed part on a car, someone will chrome it.

• Praise 1

If there is an exposed part on a car, someone will chrome it.

Hahaha... so true... I saw a Lambo with a metallic reflective green sticker all over the car. Amazingly crass... you can comb your hair in the reflection... I think it was a Gallardo...

i think china also like that kind of bling bling stuff. because all the bling bling stuff you had mention can be buy from Taobao.

Yeah... many Chinese look to the US I guess... it's their dream destination... seriously cannot tahan the chrome stuff...

Neutral Newbie

anybody can share a little bit on the quality of leather seat for basic model. Heard that it is locally fitted with half genuine leather. Am considering which model (basic or sun/roof) before order.

Thanks in advance.

anybody can share a little bit on the quality of leather seat for basic model. Heard that it is locally fitted with half genuine leather. Am considering which model (basic or sun/roof) before order.

Thanks in advance.

Hello... I'm driving the sunroof model. Got my car in April. The seats are the same whether basic or sunroof model. My SE says it's real leather. My take after using the car for about 6 months is that it feels like synthetic leather. It doesn't have the smell of genuine leather. If you use expensive small leather goods, I think you will know the leather smell... that's my take. The feel is also quite different from genuine leather.
  • Praise 1