Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

Yeah, think the price is quite high chance to get and near-term coe movements limited probably in the 40s to 50s range.

Not waiting or expecting any coe crash for sure but at this price range, there is no incentive for me to rush into. Still enjoying my current ride. 

↡ Advertisement

I drove the k5 n sonata. Very underpowered.

I will go for the Mazda 5 instead for similar pricing.

Do you mean Mazda 6? The 5 is a MPV, not in the same category as the K5 and Sonata... the 6 2.0 L is about the same as the K5 and Sonata... also underpowered if you are looking for outright acceleration... needs lots of revs... but that's the characteristic of naturally aspirated engines... only large block high capacity engines have huge torque at lower engine revs...

End of the day singapore road tax structure kills the 2.4.. hehe.

If the 2.0 has good torque it makes a good diff though

End of the day singapore road tax structure kills the 2.4.. hehe.

If the 2.0 has good torque it makes a good diff though

All 2.0 L engines have roughly the same power output and torque figures... you can only change the torque curve slightly, cos there are physical limitations... and so they all drive about the same in terms of power output... often it's the drive train that may make a difference...

50% highway, 40% urban, 10% extra urban...

I can't replicate it for this tank cos I have been making many short trips in very heavy traffic...

The fuel economy is really highly dependent on traffic conditions...

Just have to relax... I stick religiously to the speed limits and drive on cruise control wherever I can and coast whenever I can...

This is the current model lar...

The pictures look quite flattering.

I suspect realty is more towards the current Elantra or i40 kind of look.

Agree... these are concept artwork... practically having such a sharp roofline will curtail head room and reduce accessibility as the doors will be really small... also given the current platform, not sure how sporty they want to make the new Sonata... giving a sharper rake angle to the front windscreen significantly impacts interior space... and the very sharp looking rear lights are not impossible though... it's the very low glasshouse (from the sketches) that is really very sporty which I think may not make production...

Anyway both Hyundai and Kia usually debut concept models that are quite close to production... since this is only concept artwork, I think we'll get to see the real deal only later in Sep...

This is the current model lar...

Agree... these are concept artwork... practically having such a sharp roofline will curtail head room and reduce accessibility as the doors will be really small... also given the current platform, not sure how sporty they want to make the new Sonata... giving a sharper rake angle to the front windscreen significantly impacts interior space... and the very sharp looking rear lights are not impossible though... it's the very low glasshouse (from the sketches) that is really very sporty which I think may not make production...

Anyway both Hyundai and Kia usually debut concept models that are quite close to production... since this is only concept artwork, I think we'll get to see the real deal only later in Sep...

current model got hybrid?

Really hope this materialises at least 80% to 90%....2018 just in time for me to change my ride lol...but i think end up they may put a 1.6L TC inside for SG market (like the Tucson turbo) instead of 2L TC as SG consumer mentality is higher end Korean not worth to buy...and not to mention road tax for 2L car and 2L will definitely have more carbon tax then 1.6L....

Really hope this materialises at least 80% to 90%....2018 just in time for me to change my ride lol...but i think end up they may put a 1.6L TC inside for SG market (like the Tucson turbo) instead of 2L TC as SG consumer mentality is higher end Korean not worth to buy...and not to mention road tax for 2L car and 2L will definitely have more carbon tax then 1.6L....

And how come other countries got such a nice i30 (check out the interior) but our "new model" so not nice?

http://www.caradvice.com.au/524219/2017-hyundai-i30-review/

If we have this in 1.4 or 1.6 TC then win liao....

And how come other countries got such a nice i30 (check out the interior) but our "new model" so not nice?

Komoco is always slow in bringing new and full spec model into SG market. They like to bring in base model and install features in Singapore citing to bring down cost to sell you cheaper which obviously not true. It's more for their profit lor

Not really, depend on the model.

Things like blind spot detection, ventilated seat, sunroof, smart truck, LED, Xenon lights etc got to be factory-fitted.

One way is check out the OMV of their car vs same class Japanese cars, you will be surprise they command higher OMV despite lower or same selling price.

Not really, depend on the model.

Things like blind spot detection, ventilated seat, sunroof, smart truck, LED, Xenon lights etc got to be factory-fitted.

One way is check out the OMV of their car vs same class Japanese cars, you will be surprise they command higher OMV despite lower or same selling price.

Only recently then they wake up to have those features due to competition from Kia. Have driven Trajet and Santa Fe CM, the model is all based model, very basic.

current model got hybrid?

Only in the US

Only recently then they wake up to have those features due to competition from Kia. Have driven Trajet and Santa Fe CM, the model is all based model, very basic.

You're comparing models made 15 years ago to current models??? Remember that if you compared those models to the Japanese equivalents at that period, they were only slightly less equipped but you paid at least $10-15K less...

The 1.6 L turbo is meant to meet stricter emissions standards... you don't find the 2.0 L engine anymore in Europe or USA... you only get 2.4 L NA in US but that's just the base model... and even that may be phased out...
↡ Advertisement