Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

The official 2018 face-lift is finally launched... very "elantra" look. Kind of find it more generic now.

↡ Advertisement

Hi

I am new to this forum. I have been following the discussion on Sonata 2015 for close to a year now. I am at the decision point whether to get the car when the news on the facelift (FL) Sonata came.

I spent some time looking at the FL and comparing with the current. I still prefer the current to the FL. Mainly because I like the boot of the current better.

I am likely to wait for the coming COE bidding to see if I will get it. Principal consideration is price. My expectation is range from $110k to $125k before discounts for S/R model.

I haven't seen many Sonata on the road. That's a concern to me because I always see the cost of parts corresponding positively to the parts availability.

There are some very good information with photos here. Thank you very much for the sharing. I hope the price will be right for me to get the current version of Sonata. Failing which, with the FL version, I will most likely renew my COE next year. Yes I buy only Hyundai cars. From Accent to Getz to Avante to Tucson. Hopefully next will be Sonata.

Cheers.

Hi

I am new to this forum. I have been following the discussion on Sonata 2015 for close to a year now. I am at the decision point whether to get the car when the news on the facelift (FL) Sonata came.

I spent some time looking at the FL and comparing with the current. I still prefer the current to the FL. Mainly because I like the boot of the current better.

I am likely to wait for the coming COE bidding to see if I will get it. Principal consideration is price. My expectation is range from $110k to $125k before discounts for S/R model.

I haven't seen many Sonata on the road. That's a concern to me because I always see the cost of parts corresponding positively to the parts availability.

There are some very good information with photos here. Thank you very much for the sharing. I hope the price will be right for me to get the current version of Sonata. Failing which, with the FL version, I will most likely renew my COE next year. Yes I buy only Hyundai cars. From Accent to Getz to Avante to Tucson. Hopefully next will be Sonata.

Cheers.

Hello bro! Wow! All Hyundai eh? That's great! 

Anyway, I think it's not so likely that the price will drop below the current level... I paid $120,999 with COE premiums of only $46K+... I think the current prices are quite reflective of the uncertain COE premiums with higher mark up to stave off the uncertain. At the point when I bought, COE premiums were on a downward trend, so I was assured of getting the COE on the first bid.

I think if you really like the car, just bite the bullet lar... current pricing is not far from your expected price range for the sunroof model...

Finally I took the plunge. After considering and reconsidering, I signed on the dotted line. 6 bids. Get or not depends on the COE result next Wed.

Chose the Pentara Grey S/R model. SE is more of a friend now. Got double discounts - for both loyalty and Hyundai to Hyundai purchase - and 1 year free servicing. At present I still have a servicing package with KMC which I will transfer to the new car if the COE bid is successful.

Let's hope all will be well.

Cheers

Congratulations on signing on the dotted line! All the best for next week's bidding! Hope we get another member here...

How much did you sign for? And what's the COE rebate? Did your SE say sure to get?

Edited by teomingern

Yes I also hope it will be the case.

I signed for $122K. COE rebate is at prevailing rate of $51K (actually I don't quite get what is the rebate for).

According to SE, about 90% chance. Well, let's see.

I have concerns over cost of parts such as the motor for the electric seats, sunroof etc. Anyone knows if Sonata has a timing chain or belt? My previous ride - Avante - was on timing chain and current ride - Tucson - is on timing belt.

Update again when I have news positive  or negative from SE.

Cheers

Excellent choice.  About the same price as mine. 

So you traded in your old ride?

If I am not wrong, sonata should be timing chain.

Good luck for your COE.

I signed for $122K. COE rebate is at prevailing rate of $51K (actually I don't quite get what is the rebate for).

I have concerns over cost of parts such as the motor for the electric seats, sunroof etc. Anyone knows if Sonata has a timing chain or belt? My previous ride - Avante - was on timing chain and current ride - Tucson - is on timing belt.

Update again when I have news positive or negative from SE.

Cheers

Wow! That's a good price! Especially with the rebate so near the COE premium... I think almost guaranteed to get the COE lar... the rebate is just to protect the car company in case the COE premium slumps unexpectedly. They'll only refund you if it falls below $51,000. In today's climate, most unlikely due to the announcement of the change in tax structure next year.

Also the rebate gives an indication of the sentiment of the dealer. That is how serious they are about gdttgmj the COE. The closer to the prevailing COE premium the higher they will bid. In your case they will bid at least $51,000 and I think likely they'll be willing to go up to $55,000. That's why your SE says 90% chance... everyone expects the COE to surge... the only question left is by how much...

Sonata is timing chain. So don't need need to change.

Update again when I have news positive  or negative from SE.

Cheers

Don't think you will have any problem securing the COE

I booked my Tucson S/R last month at 120,999 under 6bids NG. They bid very aggressively and managed to secure the COE on the 1st bidding 

Now waiting for car to come

Sonata should be running on timing chain. 

Don't think you will have any problem securing the COE

I booked my Tucson S/R last month at 120,999 under 6bids NG. They bid very aggressively and managed to secure the COE on the 1st bidding 

Now waiting for car to come

Sonata should be running on timing chain. 

Oh cool... don't see too many Tucsons these days...

• Praise 1

Update again when I have news positive or negative from SE.

Cheers

Bro... did you get your COE?

Excellent choice.  About the same price as mine. 

So you traded in your old ride?

If I am not wrong, sonata should be timing chain.

Good luck for your COE.

Thanks! Yes I traded in my Tucson.

Ok. Reporting in. Sorry for the late reply. Have been kinda busy due to FY closing, clearing board budget  and getting all the work plans ready for AGM presentation. Painful process but necessary.

Right. So I received good news from SE on Wednesday. COE secured at 54k. All financials done, crossed the Ts and dots the Is. Now awaiting the ride from the port and I should be able to collect the car this coming week before the next weekend, so I heard from SE. Accordingly, Komoco needs about 3 days to prepare the car.

Hope everything goes on smoothly.

Cheers

Congrats and welcome to the family of Sonata!

The excitement of the new car will add some spice for your closing activities I am sure.  [:p]

Ok. Reporting in. Sorry for the late reply. Have been kinda busy due to FY closing, clearing board budget and getting all the work plans ready for AGM presentation. Painful process but necessary.

Right. So I received good news from SE on Wednesday. COE secured at 54k. All financials done, crossed the Ts and dots the Is. Now awaiting the ride from the port and I should be able to collect the car this coming week before the next weekend, so I heard from SE. Accordingly, Komoco needs about 3 days to prepare the car.

Hope everything goes on smoothly.

Cheers

Wow! Cool! Congratulations for getting the COE in one bid... as I keep saying... once your rebate is close to the last bidded COE premium, sure to get...

Yes! I am a proud owner of LF Sonata S/R.

Collected the car on Saturday. Went to the basement carpark of Komoco to transfer the stuff in the older Tucson over to the new Sonata. All over in 30mins.

They now give HP dash cam, squarish looking, very similar to the one used in cabs. I would have preferred my Blackvue wifi 650, cylinder shape that hid behind the rearview mirror of my previous ride. Aesthetic wise, the HP cam makes the car look cheap, very cheap. 

Last night I saw 2 LF Sonata along Jurong area. 1 was travelling into Boon Lay after Jurong JC. Another around Jurong West before Google.

So far ok. Tested all 3 drive modes. Eco is really heavy and Sport mode rev too high, at 2.5 to my liking, coz fuel consumption sure suffer. Tested the cruise as well. All well. Cruise increase from 80 to 90 adjusted using the buttons without need to re-set the cruise speed.

Safety features are all good even though I got shocked initially by the alarm sound eg blindspot detection on and I signaled. I particularly like the fact that the car won't start if the brake pedal is not stepped on and depressed.

I have travelled close to 300km from about 25km. Just pumped 1st full tank tank yesterday. According to the system, full tank can over 640km.

Cheers.

↡ Advertisement