Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

I got it from Carousell. Was 60 bucks second hand.

But you can get it from Autobacs / TOYOTA Leng kee

Or you can buy from QOO10. (search sharp plasmacluster car)

I believe it is ~140 or so new.

Oh... you mean air filter? With deodorizing function? Edited by teomingern
↡ Advertisement

Oh... you mean air filter? With deodorizing function?

Hmm it doesn't seem to be an air filter. Definitely not a HEPA filter.

It does deodorise. It wipes out everything. Food smell put inside 5 Min later gone. My Yankee candle stick smell also can't smell.

I was mainly attracted to it because it apparently claims to prevent growth of mould. There's a nice video on YouTube where they put a piece of bread with the machine and another without. The one without the machine grew mould as expected on day 3. The one with the machine did not have any mould after 12 days.

I got it from Carousell. Was 60 bucks second hand.

But you can get it from Autobacs / TOYOTA Leng kee

Or you can buy from QOO10. (search sharp plasmacluster car)

I believe it is ~140 or so new.

Thanks. Taking a look at this.

Anyway care to share what cool stuff you have added to the car?

Solar film? I hate UV rays and apply sunblock every 2 hours. Should I get one?

I didn't do anything expect to install V-Kool second most expensive package... included the sunroof as well... that cost $1000 cos there was a $300 free solar film thrown in by the SE. So that package actually cost $1300 cos the sunroof cost another $200 or $300 as it was huge...

I really left the car stock. Love it as it is. That's why I chose the sunroof trim even though THE SE was pushing me to buy the basic trim.

I didn't do anything expect to install V-Kool second most expensive package... included the sunroof as well... that cost $1000 cos there was a $300 free solar film thrown in by the SE. So that package actually cost $1300 cos the sunroof cost another $200 or $300 as it was huge...

I really left the car stock. Love it as it is. That's why I chose the sunroof trim even though THE SE was pushing me to buy the basic trim.

Same as Mingern, I didnt do much except some minor cosmetic trims here and there. Most of the goodies that I want are already in the SR version stock. It is already very well equipped.

For solar film, my SE gave 3M one and I top-up myself to upgrade to Crystalline. So far so good. 

If really want to spend money, I would go for system upgrade for Andriod Auto, better front n back 2 channel car recording camera and better tyres. 

Haha nice we all got the sunroof. Actually I'm not sure if mine has the solar film lol.

Already done tires to TOYO PROXES T1 SPORT. Loving it so far.

Yea I'd love to have camera upgrade. I like the idea of WiFi transfer to phone. Any idea if we do outside will any parts or anything have warranty void?

Same as Mingern, I didnt do much except some minor cosmetic trims here and there. Most of the goodies that I want are already in the SR version stock. It is already very well equipped.

For solar film, my SE gave 3M one and I top-up myself to upgrade to Crystalline. So far so good.

If really want to spend money, I would go for system upgrade for Andriod Auto, better front n back 2 channel car recording camera and better tyres.

Also the HU upgrade. Can do ah? I see the integration to the dash seems like must change the whole dash

Agree... the front and rear channel car camera is am excellent upgrade... tires wise I think it's really up to your budget... heh heh... got money buy Continental or Pirelli or Michelin... Android Auto is only really good for voice control for Google Maps... other than that... the current head unit can do about almost everything your smart phone can...

Haha nice we all got the sunroof. Actually I'm not sure if mine has the solar film lol.

Yea I'd love to have camera upgrade. I like the idea of WiFi transfer to phone. Any idea if we do outside will any parts or anything have warranty void?

Also the HU upgrade. Can do ah? I see the integration to the dash seems like must change the whole dash

Yes wifi transfer is good but honestly... how often will you use it?

For head unit integration... if your new unit is the same dimensions then use the same face plate lor... ours is a 7 inch screen, quite common size...

Agree... the front and rear channel car camera is am excellent upgrade... tires wise I think it's really up to your budget... heh heh... got money buy Continental or Pirelli or Michelin... Android Auto is only really good for voice control for Google Maps... other than that... the current head unit can do about almost everything your smart phone can...

Yes wifi transfer is good but honestly... how often will you use it?

For head unit integration... if your new unit is the same dimensions then use the same face plate lor... ours is a 7 inch screen, quite common size...

Haha I secretly hope I can capture one of those funny guys who can't reverse properly and bump you then run away. Then I'll have that justice is served feeling. HAHAHAHA

Oh I thought the buttons were part of the dash. Oh well yea it can do most things anyway. I'll upgrade only if I can install 360 reverse. That's cool

Haha... more than just the panaromic sunroof. ventilated seats, driver electric & memory seat, passenger electric seat, dual zone climate control, DRL, bi-xenon, smart trunk, blindspot detection, front and rear parking sensors with camera, cruise control, rear traffic alert, anti-glare chromatic rearview mirror, sat nav, 8" screen, usb connection, drive mode select, hill start assist, electronic stability control, remote control on steering wheel, bluetooth, 18" rim, rear aircon vents, auto headlight, auto rain sensor, folding side mirror, welcome led light on door handle, puddle lamps, keyless entry, remote button start-stop - all stock already, what else you want to add?   haha...

How much are the T1s? can pm if not convenient to post.

Our tyre size not that common. I am more towards comfort so eyeing Michelin Premacy.

Haha... more than just the panaromic sunroof. ventilated seats, driver electric & memory seat, passenger electric seat, dual zone climate control, DRL, bi-xenon, smart trunk, blindspot detection, front and rear parking sensors with camera, cruise control, rear traffic alert, anti-glare chromatic rearview mirror, sat nav, 8" screen, usb connection, drive mode select, hill start assist, electronic stability control, remote control on steering wheel, bluetooth, 18" rim, rear aircon vents, auto headlight, auto rain sensor, folding side mirror, welcome led light on door handle, puddle lamps, keyless entry, remote button start-stop - all stock already, what else you want to add?   haha...

How much are the T1s? can pm if not convenient to post.

Our tyre size not that common. I am more towards comfort so eyeing Michelin Premacy.

Sure I can post; why not it's public knowledge.

Quoted from GUAN LEE tyre. 190/pc. Can just google for his number.

I've always been a fan of the proxes. If you watch those ah beng car shows on youtube they always have the super big TOYO PROXES lettering pasted on their wheels.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ventilated seats. Life saver. The rest of the stuff I think quite standard for this "uncle sedan" segment. I mean if comparing apples to apples.

I've always been a fan of the proxes. If you watch those ah beng car shows on youtube they always have the super big TOYO PROXES lettering pasted on their wheels.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the ventilated seats. Life saver. The rest of the stuff I think quite standard for this "uncle sedan" segment. I mean if comparing apples to apples.

Thanks for sharing.

You will be amazed at what you deemed standard when you look at the spec sheet of certain "uncle sedan", even the premium brand ones.  

Thanks for sharing.

You will be amazed at what you deemed standard when you look at the spec sheet of certain "uncle sedan", even the premium brand ones.  

Yea luh true I might have discredited it a little. Definitely the best value "uncle sedan" no doubt!

Well it's a great car! I really do miss TPMS though. I hate slow leaks. And I work near construction so it's quite important for me :/

And my passenger seat has no lumbar support :( A real shame.

But it's just nitpicking at this point :p

Wow! So these Toyo tires are the same as our original tires? $190 per piece is not too bad... quite affordable... don't want to spend $1000 on tires though... was looking at Hankook to keep costs down... must check out this Guan Lee when it's time to change tires... my mileage is now 23,000+ km already... by end of next year must change already... cos the tires would be 3 years old but still haven't maxed out the mileage of 40,009 km yet...

Wow! So these Toyo tires are the same as our original tires? $190 per piece is not too bad... quite affordable... don't want to spend $1000 on tires though... was looking at Hankook to keep costs down... must check out this Guan Lee when it's time to change tires... my mileage is now 23,000+ km already... by end of next year must change already... cos the tires would be 3 years old but still haven't maxed out the mileage of 40,009 km yet...

Yup exact same size and profile!

Quality of course way way better. Be wary though these are sport tires. They're pretty quiet and comfortable for sport tires but they won't match up to Michelin primacy for comfort or noise.

But as compared to kumho solus. The noise level is same. Comfort wise toyo proxes are stiffer. For wet grip, this thing is a beast. Compared to my old eagle f1 assy tires on previous car, the toyo proxes are equally grippy. just blows through the water easily and you'll turn with confidence. How fast was I going? Err, can't say. But trust me. I put it to the test after the initial week of breaking in.

I'd rate this as an equally favourable tyre to the eagle f1 assy. Love it way more than kumho solus.

Wah... you kind of sold me on the Toyo... but having the white lettering on the sidewall is a bit AA leh... are these Toyos made in Japan still?

How much are the Michelin Premacy tires? I think this model has the same size and profile as our Kumhos right? Are there made in France or some third world country?

I already find our original Kumho tires quite hard... grip in the wet really isn't very good. Not very noisy... I think pretty ok after about 20 months of ownership... but I can hear it getting progressively noisier...

I also looked at Michelin Pilot Sport 3 or 4. And Yokohama Advan (I can't remember the exact model number). But these two were like almost $300 Sep tire at Autobacs... And also at Hankook... newspaper advertisement said from $185... so relatively available.

I just want a quiet high grip tire. I love the Pirelli Dragon that I used on my Impreza... quiet and very good grip. And not too expensive... now no more this tire...

↡ Advertisement