Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

Wah... you kind of sold me on the Toyo... but having the white lettering on the sidewall is a bit AA leh... are these Toyos made in Japan still?

How much are the Michelin Premacy tires? I think this model has the same size and profile as our Kumhos right? Are there made in France or some third world country?

I already find our original Kumho tires quite hard... grip in the wet really isn't very good. Not very noisy... I think pretty ok after about 20 months of ownership... but I can hear it getting progressively noisier...

I also looked at Michelin Pilot Sport 3 or 4. And Yokohama Advan (I can't remember the exact model number). But these two were like almost $300 Sep tire at Autobacs... And also at Hankook... newspaper advertisement said from $185... so relatively available.

I just want a quiet high grip tire. I love the Pirelli Dragon that I used on my Impreza... quiet and very good grip. And not too expensive... now no more this tire...

The toyo white lettering is an add on! It isn't default haha
↡ Advertisement

Oh I see... hahaha... how is the white lettering added on? Paint or what?

Paint or tire stickers!

It's usually for the show / event only. It wears out very fast.

But now the brand "TireStickers" have introduced a permanent raised lettering set. Installation abit troublesome though. Need to sand down the surface then clean very well then paste.

And since it's white, the brake dust dirties it quick. Every 1-2 weeks must wipe down.

Ah... I found out the Hankook model... it's the Ventus S1 Evo 2. Cheap and excellent wet grip.

Yes very well rated!

Never tried personally but it's very common!

I did hear that hankook in Singapore is over priced though. Do let us know if you can get better than 185/pc! At that price point I think it might be nicer to go for Goodyear or Toyo!

Just to let you know Guan Lee uncle does offer the new pirelli p zero around 250 each if you want bling bling brand.

Edited by Nuttywalnutty

Paint or tire stickers!

It's usually for the show / event only. It wears out very fast.

But now the brand "TireStickers" have introduced a permanent raised lettering set. Installation abit troublesome though. Need to sand down the surface then clean very well then paste.

And since it's white, the brake dust dirties it quick. Every 1-2 weeks must wipe down.

Yes very well rated!

Never tried personally but it's very common!

I did hear that hankook in Singapore is over priced though. Do let us know if you can get better than 185/pc! At that price point I think it might be nicer to go for Goodyear or Toyo!

Just to let you know Guan Lee uncle does offer the new pirelli p zero around 250 each if you want bling bling brand.

Wah... that one too expensive lar... $250 means $1000 for one whole set... die...

Let's see how... probably go for the most wallet friendly...

Wah... that one too expensive lar... $250 means $1000 for one whole set... die...

Let's see how... probably go for the most wallet friendly...

Hey it's 180+ 80 for installation from TireStickersSG.

That's the price for set of 4 wheels.

Did you mean $180 x 4 + $80? Installation of tires cost $80??? I thought included in the price of tires?

Hahaha wait I was talking about the white tire stickers.

I think youre talking about the tires themselves hahahaha

Btw you guys on 5w-30 or 5w-40? Or 0w-40?

I sign 2 years with Komoco and they gave me 5w-30.

5W-30 is better for fuel consumption. I use 5W-40 as it's cheap... I use Carlube from Giant or NTUC... some times only $20... fully synthetic oil. Good enough... I have been using it for as long as I have been driving... which is 20+ years...

5W-30 is better for fuel consumption. I use 5W-40 as it's cheap... I use Carlube from Giant or NTUC... some times only $20... fully synthetic oil. Good enough... I have been using it for as long as I have been driving... which is 20+ years...

y not buy shell helix instead? its $29.90 on offer.. not much siff

y not buy shell helix instead? its $29.90 on offer.. not much siff

You're just paying for the brand lor... hahaha... most of the oil is just rebranded from a few manufacturers with the brand names adding some additives perhaps... I rather pay less and change the oil more often...

Carlube is decent. But it can shear to 30wt. But then 30wt gives better FC.
↡ Advertisement