Hyundai Sonata (2015)

Thaiyotakamli

Carlube is decent. But it can shear to 30wt. But then 30wt gives better FC.

I'm not sure how you can tell it shears to 30. But when I check my dipstick, the oil is still gold colour with no discoloration even at 10,000 km...
↡ Advertisement

Wah... you even bother to send for analysis...

Otherwise always got naysayers who claims it’s a gutter oil. With an analysis it shuts them up good!

Of course I also wanted to know it myself where this oil stands.

Otherwise always got naysayers who claims it’s a gutter oil. With an analysis it shuts them up good!

Of course I also wanted to know it myself where this oil stands.

So what were the comments of 'Terry'? A summary would be good... thanks!

So what were the comments of 'Terry'? A summary would be good... thanks!

Have to go and dig out the email. 13years ago ley!!

Interesting. I also had been using Carlube for more than 10 years on my cars. No problem at all. Only recently bought 1 batch of Helix Ultra to use because of the offer.

Have to go and dig out the email. 13years ago ley!!

Wah... that long ago?! Hahaha... I didn't notice the date of that link...

Interesting. I also had been using Carlube for more than 10 years on my cars. No problem at all. Only recently bought 1 batch of Helix Ultra to use because of the offer.

Same same... I really don't believe all the hype about Mobil 1 and Shell Helix Ultra and all the other oils... we're not driving high performance cars any way... and if you believe what is written on the Carlube bottles, this oil is also used for high performance cars... so it's all in the marketing I believe...

Anyone who bought the car we drove should be those of a certain profile that look beyond branding. Hence the similar mindset.

Anyone who bought the car we drove should be those of a certain profile that look beyond branding. Hence the similar mindset.

Not really leh... cos I also see many in these forums looking for things in these cars which aren't present... heh heh...

That's weird. For similar money, one can always get a barebone or much smaller car with more atas branding.

Not quite lar... barebones atas brand much more than our bread and butter brands...

Hyundai motor makes their cars getting better, the design and the quality are very good...

Very right! Eagerly waiting for the i30N. Edited by Mkl22

Not quite lar... barebones atas brand much more than our bread and butter brands...

1 series, a class, a3 barebone should be close lah

sounds legit... but i still believe in Shell, Mobil and other major oil companies engine oils...

difference of $9.90 per 4l...

too small a difference to compromise

1 series, a class, a3 barebone should be close lah

That's not even close to the size of our cars... I think the A3 was $130,000 when I paid $120,000 for my Sonata... I don't know if it's barebones or not... but I remembered it was about $7000 to $10,000 more... crazy prices lar...

Wah so you all service outside now?

Uh... yes lar... no point paying over the odds for a simple oil change... you don't even need to change spark plugs until 100,000 km or something like that... oil filter changes are just plug and play...

sounds legit... but i still believe in Shell, Mobil and other major oil companies engine oils...

difference of $9.90 per 4l...

too small a difference to compromise

I refuse to pay $10 more for what is essentially the same thing... the bottom end products of a brand name oil company won't differ much from that of the mid range product from a less well known oil company... essentially you're paying for the brand name... which I can't bring myself to... of course I won't compromise on quality but after almost 20 years of using Carlube... I can vouch for the quality... my dad has been using it also and since he bought a Proton Wira back in 1997...
↡ Advertisement