[Post-event] Stamford Tyres & Sonax Car Clinic! 25 May

pChou

Have been using Mobil only since day 1. I thought engine oil as long as same grade and viscosity can liao. Different brands also cannot ah?

But that said, my passat super "sensitive". Got 1 time pump attendant pump wrongly 95 instead of 98 for me, engine check light came on shortly after. In the end pour in octane booster then ok liao.

can, but not shiok feeling or break down very fast

mobil at most 6-7k also game over, u run 10k ah

7500 on castrol titanium i also change liao

↡ Advertisement

can, but not shiok feeling or break down very fast

mobil at most 6-7k also game over, u run 10k ah

7500 on castrol titanium i also change liao

Yah I do my oil change at 10k, as recommended by workshop. But I do it diligently, sometimes ard 9k I will change liao.

Wah you change every 6-7k. Must be you WOT a lot is it [sly]

Anyway did u use the Shell EO and spark plugs from the event at all?

Yah I do my oil change at 10k, as recommended by workshop. But I do it diligently, sometimes ard 9k I will change liao.

Wah you change every 6-7k. Must be you WOT a lot is it [sly]

Anyway did u use the Shell EO and spark plugs from the event at all?

90% city driving, 90% start stop

trip 1 avg speed 16kmh

trip 2 avg 35

shell eo : 1000km as flushing oil

plug : abt 2k

4th Gear

So I guess I must be lucky that I have not receive the correct spark plugs yet

Hi all,

did my servicing with the new Shell Helix Ultra today at Macpherson branch. Mileage @ 100,000km last oil change (Motul) @ 90,000km.

did not change the plugs as I wanna stay with my NGK iridiums. Didn't wanna take chances with the Bosch Super4s.

Service was good with the routine oil change & battery health check, & the mechanic ("Wah Zai") even helped me fixed (popped out by hand) a dent in my boot cover.

Product-wise instant feel was quieter idling and (short) drive back home, but pickup seems not as good as previously.

Will monitor.

(edited)

I had my stock Denso sparky replaced with bosch one during the event. It went well with the engine. The malay senior mechanic even used bare hand to take out the very hot old sparky. I gonna have my EO changed soon.... never tried shell before, though... ;)

Edited by Janling3

(edited)

just did my svcg today at stamford tyres lok yang (they started using the new shell helix ultra EO with pureplus technology) -

post-57422-0-52912800-1405072807_thumb.jpg

post-57422-0-94354300-1405072836_thumb.jpg

how ah? need to replace batt not?

they also rotated n balanced front tyres. general sentiment - they did what was stated in the checklist n gave u the necessary documentation; only the mech quoted 700 for timing belt package, wc i found steep, even compared w AD (for my ride, that is).

Edited by Fuelsaver

(edited)

just did my svcg today at stamford tyres lok yang (they started using the new shell helix ultra EO with pureplus technology) -

attachicon.gifHyundai Tucson svcg 110714 (110886km).JPG

attachicon.gifHyundai Tucson Amaron Din66 batt test 110714.JPG

how ah? need to replace batt not?

they also rotated n balanced front tyres. general sentiment - they did what was stated in the checklist n gave u the necessary documentation; only the mech quoted 700 for timing belt package, wc i found steep, even compared w AD (for my ride, that is).

timing belt/water pump..etc, best is go back agent and do (as under parts warranty) or a reputable workshop outside using original parts, not even OEM

most of these stamford/autobac all using china oem parts, hate to say this but its a recipe for engine dmg, if they can get the timing right in the first place without any tools or know how

Edited by Furrynadz

timing belt/water pump..etc, best is go back agent and do (as under parts warranty) or a reputable workshop outside using original parts, not even OEM

most of these stamford/autobac all using china oem parts, hate to say this but its a recipe for engine dmg, if they can get the timing right in the first place without any tools or know how

sure i will. anyway komoco having GSS - timing belt & other 2 belts with tensioner only 288, unsure if include water pump.

so i need to chg batt anot? can advise?

sure i will. anyway komoco having GSS - timing belt & other 2 belts with tensioner only 288, unsure if include water pump.

then do at komoco, they are one of the reasonable priced dealers, just do water pump and fan belt together also

best to change batt too, normally abt 2 yr for jap/korean makes

and once they use the load tester to "whack your batt to test", chances it will die very soon after

Had the Bosch Platinum Iridium Fusion Spark Plugs installed on event day and its about 6 weeks now. Quieter start up/idling compared to the NGK iridiums but I prefer the rawness of the NGKs at higher revs (4-7K). Went for a round trip of about 500km to Malaysia and back - no issues at all.

Couldnt find much details about the FGR7DQI but I guess its a bit "colder" than the NGK at heat range 6? Also the gap is 1.6mm whereas the NGKs are 1.1mm.

And of course, the Bosch Aerotwins are outstanding! Especially during the Msia trip and this couple of weeks.

(edited)

Bro, battery sooner or later also must change. Suggest you change soon as a new battery does help with a few areas of your car....such as aircon and ignition. Edited by Aukang

Hi Mate,

Like the rest advised, change battery better. U already well max it lifespan if it's ard 2yrs. Lata cannot start n call recovery lagi TuLan ya. Hahaha lol

As for timing belt change, if agent quote almost same same as outside workshop (difference 10 to 15%) then go with them unless it's more plus u hv a trusted workshop u go to them regularly tat can do the job professionally ya.

Cheers 😀

yes, just change the battery average bi yearly. I use green amaron battery. I also have my EO changed at midview building (bukit batok). I was the only customer, so no need to wait. :) So far so good...He even ask me how I got the free service voucher? After explaining all about the car clinic event, he was very surprised about all the goodies given ....:)

(edited)

tks bros for ur kind / goodwill advices. i sort of concluded the batt was somewat of bigger AH rating, hence volt n cca still ok to start ride, even batt tester recommend to chg due to cca below orig % by significant margin.

Edited by Fuelsaver

Not sure if I haven't noticed before, but the engine oil dipstick became very clean at the measuring level end. Can see contrast between the rest of the length. This meant the engine oil was very clear or clean.

today morning engine oil dipstick was even cleaner; at measuring area totally silver (orig dipstick tone), upper length much less brownish. i think this pureplus tech should deliver what it promised - close to factory clean.

↡ Advertisement