[Video] Mythbusters on traffic jam + weaving in/out of lanes

Darthrevan

It's a vicious cycle.

In a mild congestion, weavers will weave to get to destination faster but causes brakers to brake.

Brakers in-turn brake more which causes more congestion.

Hope that mythbuser will come out an episode to prove hoggers or speeder are the real nuisance to the general road user.

Turbocharged

I did this type of test before in a congestion. will observe which car do the weaving way and see how much faster he/she can go but ended up not very far.

I only weave (more of overtake) if the vehicle in front of me can't keep pace with the flow.

• Praise 1

I did this type of test before in a congestion. will observe which car do the weaving way and see how much faster he/she can go but ended up not very far.

I only weave (more of overtake) if the vehicle in front of me can't keep pace with the flow.

I did a similar test with a friend 3 years ago although it's not documented as a video like Mythbusters..I stuck to 2nd lane & kept to speed limit and the friend can drive in any lane at any speed although said he claimed to have driven in lane 1 mostly..during the initial part of the journey he seemed to be going very fast..at the end of the journey from J.E to Changi..I was slower by a mere 1m03sec..probably due to a traffic light stop..by the way this ain't scientific in any sense & its just something we did as we need to commute to the same destination

Turbocharged

The conclusion is yes, you will save some time but not significant and definitely not worth the risk of accident and stress during the process.

Sometimes you see a car weaving in and out, only to stop at the traffic lights just 1 car in front of you later on. Worth it meh??

↡ Advertisement