Scammers Selling Oakley Online

Just to share, my friend got conned into buying discounted Oakley sunglasses online and I hope after reading this it would help to prevent others from getting conned. Some of you might receive links on your facebook and to be honest, they all look damn legit to me! here are some examples... don't be a victim.

www.oakley2013-uk.com

www.oakleyshopstore.com

www.oakleyshop-sale.com

http://www.online-oakleysale.com/

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Me no wear Oakley you know. Me wear ugly fish, don't think many heard of it.hahaha

Now that u mentioned it, just checked the website. Quite cool collection...

Good thing about buying from shop is that can try fitment.

Especially for frames with no adjustable bridges, it either fits snugly or will be uncomfortable for long time wear.

site links lead no where.

what are we suppose to see?

yah, it's kind of a hit and run thing. and they typical advertise with the catch word "24 hour" sale. so within a short span, they hope to land themselves some transactions. soon after, the site will be shutdown.

i was going through the site with my friend, and like i mentioned, it's so comprehensive that we didnt even smell a rat. i'm very certain all around the world, there will be victims of this sort. can be a whole lot of other stuffs that are popular. stay alert when buying discounted or cheap items online.

dont everything buy online blindly. even if its fake goods, i wouldnt pay even if the price is cheaper by 50%. cheap goods sld be worth less than 10% of the real price. LOL

Its either pay real or fake. the quality is there...

last time i paid for ANF polo and tee in gmarket, the cutting is so weird its doesnt even fit nicely. i have stopped buying clothes online, prefer to see, touch and try before buying.

I was told by many optical shops that Oakley's prices are fixed. The shops cannot suka suka offer discounts. Hence, most of the time optical shops may offer discounts on other brands from time to time but never Oakley.

• Praise 1

Oakley sibei cheap in states...

US products are generally much cheaper in the states ,e.g.. Levi's, Coach, Oakley. As there is a local distributor for Oakley products, the prices are controlled and they haven't include overheads like rental, etc. That is why the eyewear sold locally cost a bomb. Its much cheaper to get it off Ebay or local direct sellers which cost 30 - 50% off boutique prices. What I usually do is go to the store and test the fitment before buying online. But if you were to get online, get from reputable seller with high positive rating. I have been buying things online since 1998 and haven't look back. Just have to do your own search so as not to get cheated.

• Praise 1

US products are generally much cheaper in the states ,e.g.. Levi's, Coach, Oakley. As there is a local distributor for Oakley products, the prices are controlled and they haven't include overheads like rental, etc. That is why the eyewear sold locally cost a bomb. Its much cheaper to get it off Ebay or local direct sellers which cost 30 - 50% off boutique prices. What I usually do is go to the store and test the fitment before buying online. But if you were to get online, get from reputable seller with high positive rating. I have been buying things online since 1998 and haven't look back. Just have to do your own search so as not to get cheated.

online shopping is usually caveat emptor.

have to do homework. but then again even buy from brick and motar store also no guarantee that it's original.

↡ Advertisement