• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
113 replies to this topic | 95 praises

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:48 AM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

http://singaporeseen...ks-car-in-crash

The owner of a limited-edition Ferrari sent his car to an authorised agent for servicing, only to get back a badly smashed ride.

Businessman Lim Chin Liang is suing Ital Auto for an unspecified sum, claiming that his Ferrari F430 Scuderia - apparently one of only eight in Singapore - was damaged beyond repair.

He sent the second-hand car in for servicing on March 15, according to My Paper.

Edited by Turboflat4, 28 April 2014 - 12:08 PM.

This place is not what it used to be. I'm glad for the friends I made here. But I'm moving on, just like Porker and some others I know. Cheers!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:52 AM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

told u ur fingers too fat...hahhaahaha

edited

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

It means quality fail I suppose? Since they denied its negligence and assume its technical error. But I think its really gray, depending on what the servicing covers. I believe servicing should cover all operating functions.

Jman888
  • Jman888

Correction: Thread title should say: "Ital Auto". Could a mod please correct this?

the key point is "apparently one of only eight in Singapore"   [sweatdrop]  [sweatdrop]

<p><span style="font-size: 10px;">骑白马的不一定是王子,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。 </span></p>

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:56 AM

Darryn
  • Premium member
    Darryn
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Correction: Thread title should say: "Ital Auto". Could a mod please correct this?

Hmmm...

Some interesting comments

When asked why he was suing, the 33-year-old, who buys and sells high-end cars,  

I wonder what "buys and sells" high end cars means?  Does he make a profit from them?  If not - why bring that up? 

said Ital "refused to settle", "never apologised"

What value is an apology?  And what difference does it make.  Also, have to wonder what is his definition of refusing to settle?  Is it refusing to meet his demands, or is it refusing to offer to him OMV?

and was dragging its feet by asking him how much he paid for the car

He bought it used - (apparently) before Ital got the Ferrari dealership, why would they know how much he paid? 

[quote] and what the open-market value (OMV) was.

This part I agree is weird

Edited by Darryn, 28 April 2014 - 11:56 AM.

Mustank praised this
Behold the tortoise! He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.
All that's required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:02 PM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

68kmh on a straight path when it skidded

What a shitty car.

Garage36.com

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:09 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

told u ur fingers too fat...hahhaahaha

edited

Porker never complain when I finger/fist him. But thanks pundek. [laugh]
This place is not what it used to be. I'm glad for the friends I made here. But I'm moving on, just like Porker and some others I know. Cheers!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:12 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Travelling in a straight line.... 68 km/h.... skidded and collided.

Just got me thinking: if I imported a Ferrari very cheaply with serious damage to the chassis, brake/stability system or engine, and I fixed it up outside or other countries, and then sent it to the AD fully knowing that the AD will assume liability after full servicing, and then sell it for a profit on the used car market, wouldn't that be a great business model?

Cos I do know of many dealers in UK selling damaged rides very cheaply. BUt you have to fix it up yourself.

Edited by Viceroymenthol, 28 April 2014 - 12:13 PM.

Mustank praised this

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:15 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Travelling in a straight line.... 68 km/h.... skidded and collided.

Just got me thinking: if I imported a Ferrari very cheaply with serious damage to the chassis, brake/stability system or engine, and I fixed it up outside or other countries, and then sent it to the AD fully knowing that the AD will assume liability after full servicing, and then sell it for a profit on the used car market, wouldn't that be a great business model?

Cos I do know of many dealers in UK selling damaged rides very cheaply. BUt you have to fix it up yourself.

Great business model until AD sues you after seeing a pattern. Remember, the big ADs are no pushovers. Their legal budgets alone may be higher than the entire operating budgets of smaller PIs.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

RadX
  • Premium member
    RadX

Porker never complain when I finger/fist him. But thanks pundek. [laugh]

pls lah, his butthole, even hammerhead shark can enter..... [grin]  [grin]  [grin]

nowonder they now endangered...hahahah

sharkap_450x300.jpg

RESPECT is only for the DEAD!

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:16 PM

Viceroymenthol
  • Viceroymenthol
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Great business model until AD sues you after seeing a pattern. Remember, the big ADs are no pushovers. Their legal budgets alone may be higher than the entire operating budgets of smaller PIs.

Yeah lor... Perhaps that is why ADs insist on adoption fee for used cars or PI cars. To help defray some of these costs.

Edited by Viceroymenthol, 28 April 2014 - 12:17 PM.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:31 PM

Fastfive1
  • Premium member
    Fastfive1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I hate to say it but never trust other people with your car. That's why I make sure that I'm around when I send my car for servicing. Even if the workshop tells me it's gonna be a few hours before they're done, I'll stay and watch.

Hmm, post-servicing test drive or a quick joy ride while the owner isn't around? I find it highly unlikely that any car can skid travelling in a straight line at 68km/h. The guy must have tried doing some skids with the car when the owner wasn't around.

Ital Auto better find some way to compensate this guy. I can't imagine an top tier authorized dealer making this kind of blunder. This is something that would be expected from those fly by night workshops. This also highlights the fact that many people don't know what happens to their cars when they're not watching.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:44 PM

Darryn
  • Premium member
    Darryn
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I hate to say it but never trust other people with your car. That's why I make sure that I'm around when I send my car for servicing. Even if the workshop tells me it's gonna be a few hours before they're done, I'll stay and watch.

Hmm, post-servicing test drive or a quick joy ride while the owner isn't around? I find it highly unlikely that any car can skid travelling in a straight line at 68km/h. The guy must have tried doing some skids with the car when the owner wasn't around.

Ital Auto better find some way to compensate this guy. I can't imagine an top tier authorized dealer making this kind of blunder. This is something that would be expected from those fly by night workshops. This also highlights the fact that many people don't know what happens to their cars when they're not watching.

Neither can I ....

So I would have to wonder if it is a blunder, or if the dealer is being straight and honest?  

Accidents do happen - it's entirely possible the car aqua-planed or hit a patch of oil / diesel on the road, and any other reasonably skilled person may have had the same problem. 

Unless there is further evidence to hand, my first thought would be that its rather tragic. 

I have also been peripherally attached to one of the "top flight supercar" distributors before - and the way they behaved is not in any way irresponsible or anything else. 

Behold the tortoise! He only makes progress when he sticks his neck out.
All that's required for evil to triumph is that good men do nothing

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:46 PM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Quite likely to be this car:

http://www.sgcarmart...o.php?ID=260810

Whether written off or repaired, someone's backside is gonna tear from the resulting bill.

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:01 PM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Neither can I ....

So I would have to wonder if it is a blunder, or if the dealer is being straight and honest?  

Accidents do happen - it's entirely possible the car aqua-planed or hit a patch of oil / diesel on the road, and any other reasonably skilled person may have had the same problem. 

Unless there is further evidence to hand, my first thought would be that its rather tragic. 

I have also been peripherally attached to one of the "top flight supercar" distributors before - and the way they behaved is not in any way irresponsible or anything else. 

Agreed, but I think if its a post servicing quality test drive to check for any fault, then ital auto should be liable for it. Unless the servicing does not cover inspection for steering/suspension/whatever that cause that crash which I believe a usual preventive maintenance from a reputable WS(now we are talking about a WS authorized by Ferrari themselves) would include these inside the PM.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:02 PM

Jajoba123
  • Jajoba123
    4th Gear
    Author Image

lesson here is if can't afford don;t buy

there is a reason why the insurance is so expensive

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:04 PM

GLZT
  • Premium member
    GLZT
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Quite likely to be this car:

http://www.sgcarmart...o.php?ID=260810

Whether written off or repaired, someone's backside is gonna tear from the resulting bill.

This car only 1 owner. Article mentioned its a used car. By 'used' I assume current owner did not buy new from AD or PI.

This is not about affordability issue.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:06 PM

Keithchue
  • Premium member
    Keithchue
    6th Gear
    Author Image

what happen to traction control?

thought it is standard on these high end models?

every day wont be the same after you make a wrong decision.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:10 PM

Turboflat4
  • Premium member
    Turboflat4
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is completely irrelevant here.

what happen to traction control?

thought it is standard on these high end models?

Traction control won't help you unless you have at least one driven wheel that still has traction. So it won't help in aquaplaning or a large oil slick.

And of course, TC can be turned off. On Ferraris, the setting is on the steering, within easy reach. No one except the test driver can know what happened, unless logged data is pulled off the ECU.

In fact, I think the owner's first step should be to get a court order to enjoin the dealer from tampering with the ECU logged data, and to get an independent read of it.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 01:14 PM

Macrosszero
  • Macrosszero
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Once a car has been signed over to a dealership for service, should the dealer not take responsibility for the car?

There's obviously some wordplay going on here - Ital claims it was not damaged beyond repair, but insurers might deem it damaged beyond economical repair......It appears the dispute is whether the car should be repaired or written off. Somewhere along the way, that needs to be arbitrated. Whether Ital knows the original sale price of the car to the owner is irrelevant - their insurer should be looking at the cost of repair against the current market value of the car.

Somewhere along the line, the issue of loss of value in having a severe accident would come up - it has entered public record that this particular car had an accident that was severe enough to strip its rim from its spokes. You can change the licence plate number but not the engine/chassis number. That can't simply be glossed over by stating that the car has been repaired "as good as new", can it?

This car only 1 owner. Article mentioned its a used car. By 'used' I assume current owner did not buy new from AD or PI.

This is not about affordability issue.

Look at the date, it was up for sale back in 2012. And the current owner isn't the first owner, as he bought it used. The registration dates match.

The gene pool could use a bit of Clorox at times

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: ferrari, italia, auto, sued and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users