Ital Auto sued over crashed Ferrari

1fast1

I suspect the car is grey imported. Else Ital wouldn't have asked for OMV.

More than that, by getting the OMV , ITal can get their legal side to determine how much to set aside for damages or other hidden agenda/s.

It was a used car so it too grey to see the difference. [drivingcar]

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

pardon me if wrong,

spinning out of control means all 4 wheels on the ground, what about ESP? ABS? etc.

4 wheels on the ground doesn't mean 4 wheels have traction. It is possible that zero wheels have traction, like in aquaplaning, where the car is "gliding" on a sheet of water because the tyres are either slicks or too botak of thread to be able to clear the water. No steering inputs will help to change the trajectory of the car. It will just follow Newton's first law of motion and slide along its merry way into whatever is in its original path. That could be a curb (if one is lucky) or another car (less lucky) or a tree (least lucky). With me so far?

ESP is just a stability enhancing system that is more advanced than basic traction control. No matter how advanced the system you need a minimal amount of traction on at least one wheel for the marvellous computer brain to do anything at all to correct the trajectory of the car. If both the driven wheels (in a RWD car, like this one) have effectively no traction, then no stability program can help.

ABS helps to keep the car steerable even when the braking force is maximal. It pulses the braking force to the wheels and keeps them in a state just shy of being locked. Again, wheels lock and slide when there is insufficient traction. If there is practically no traction, the ABS can't do squat. Neither will the car be steerable.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

Once a car has been signed over to a dealership for service, should the dealer not take responsibility for the car?

There's obviously some wordplay going on here - Ital claims it was not damaged beyond repair, but insurers might deem it damaged beyond economical repair......It appears the dispute is whether the car should be repaired or written off. Somewhere along the way, that needs to be arbitrated. Whether Ital knows the original sale price of the car to the owner is irrelevant - their insurer should be looking at the cost of repair against the current market value of the car.

Somewhere along the line, the issue of loss of value in having a severe accident would come up - it has entered public record that this particular car had an accident that was severe enough to strip its rim from its spokes. You can change the licence plate number but not the engine/chassis number. That can't simply be glossed over by stating that the car has been repaired "as good as new", can it?

Look at the date, it was up for sale back in 2012. And the current owner isn't the first owner, as he bought it used. The registration dates match.

yeah, I thot once car placed with AD, they will take fully ownership??

for my car (1st owner) send back to AD for troubleshooting, they had the audacity to erase the data that was on my SD card and during 3 days it was with them, they can actually clocked 100++ km, from half tank to almost empty.

Boss, he is suing Ital. Not Ferrari.

Boss I agree. I was trying to counter those people here who argue that he should sue Ferrari also.

Sibei sart. Down here got few people talk like they r customers of ital...all win throttle Liao

Hahaha you know we are all sibei eng... Come here to talk big nia

just a scenario, guessing only arrr...

Insurance company - probably no full sum claim, less than OMV where obviously the car is damaged by non-insured driver

dealer - no choice, maintenance, technician all belongs to AD, and willing to make good (but might run into more problem? piecemeal parts is not cheap for sports car) but tempted to go for full write off since is cleaner n obviosuly the best way to go.

owner

option 1 - write off - hv to write off car loan, need to folk out some money also. AD might offer some compensation?

option 2 - repair - guess is the worst thing for avid car owner (might have more problem in future?)

option 3 - sue AD - perfect. make the most sense for owner.

anyone can give their 2 cts?

I believe the workshop should have insurance covered, at least for their testers. So claim insurance lor, why must go to court?

need to read the insurance policy fineprint.

owner fast hand fast leg sue better. sure can get something. lawyer also can earn fee mah.

separate from the above: when come to money n dispute, following legal route is the safest. in this case, owner got upperhand.

I believe the workshop should have insurance covered, at least for their testers. So claim insurance lor, why must go to court?

For such cars, repairing the damage is no use

future buyers will not touch a car with a major accident, or it will have to be sold at a big discount

Ital offer to repair is not good enough, owner wants total loss declared

Turbocharged

It seems to me that the owner is asking for some sort of compensation that the dealer is not willing to provide -

Whether he is being greedy or reasonable, we'd need a whole lot more information to decide.

There shouldn't be any dispute that

a) The dealer is responsible

b) The dealer has to make it right

I would also be surprised if the dealer's insurance doesn't cover this, but that is actually irrelevant (at least to the owner) as whether the money comes from the insurance company or the dealer, it still spends the same.

Typically, when I see disputes like this, more often than not they arise because

a) The owner has an inflated opinion on the value of the car

b) the owner sees this as an opportunity to make money and thinks that because the dealer is "at fault" they can write their own cheque.

For such cars, repairing the damage is no use

future buyers will not touch a car with a major accident, or it will have to be sold at a big discount

Ital offer to repair is not good enough, owner wants total loss declared

That is why there must have 3rd party appraisal centres. Owner got to neg with their insurance on the amount claimable for total lost.

yeah, I thot once car placed with AD, they will take fully ownership??

for my car (1st owner) send back to AD for troubleshooting, they had the audacity to erase the data that was on my SD card and during 3 days it was with them, they can actually clocked 100++ km, from half tank to almost empty.

Which ad?

Boss I agree. I was trying to counter those people here who argue that he should sue Ferrari also.

Hahaha you know we are all sibei eng... Come here to talk big nia

the Rolex Porsche guy not inside here talk? Lol

The owner did the right thing by suing the company for such a limited edition car- only through the court will the judge award the amount based on the scarcity of the model that is available in the singapore market. Of course the company claimed from its insurance will be based on joint-liability between the company and insurance. The judge will assess the damage amount based on car assessor from overseas expert witness.

Most probably settle out of court- it does not make sense to incur more losses for the company to engage more legal fee & cost in the event pay cost to their other side given it is a clear cut case.

With that much of pwr, does all this electronic nanny helps when a car lost TRACTION?

Let's say u walk walk & start skidding, how to recover?

no idea, but I guess most high end cars with gizmos, as seen on some motoring tv, will help to recover the car.

Turbocharged

more importantly ... if this guys ferrari is a total loss, i doubt he will be buying a ferrari from the AD anytime soon.

maybe eurosports can look forward to a new sale :D

• Praise 1

i think the court will refer them to arbitration centre first

not a lawyer

hope any partner or associate can offer view here since now is all about court proceedings.

↡ Advertisement