• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
53 replies to this topic | 29 praises

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

Kingkong
  • Premium member
    Kingkong
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Would like to find out if anyone who had done renewal this year, did your premium increased compared to last year?

By increase, I mean all other factors remain the same, ie NCD & OFD.

If increased, please state by how much, and which company is it.

Mine was increased from $860 to $1040, and cited increase across the board from AIG.

An increase of 20% lei...

Thought the companies are already making $$ liao.

Edited by Kingkong, 28 April 2014 - 03:29 PM.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

just shop around and get the cheaperer one.

Mine remained the same from the same insurer. So, I shopped, happened to chance upon Citi-AXA promo, got it $200 lower.

The thing with insurance is there's no loyalty one.

Would like to find out if anyone who had done renewal this year, did your premium increased compared to last year?

Mine was increased from $860 to $1040, and cited increase across the board from AIG.

Blueray praised this

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It is likely due to increase in claims for:

1. Make & model similar to yours;

2. Drivers in your age bracket.

Make $$ does not mean make $$ across all make & model.

Go & source from other insurer loh.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

If possible, change insurer every year. So they know you mean business.

That's why I don't always give to the cheapest one, but the cheaperer one. Sometimes, have to show them.....

Edited by Kangadrool, 28 April 2014 - 03:39 PM.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

Kingkong
  • Premium member
    Kingkong
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Am already asking around for better alternative. Just wanna find out if its true the increase is across. Looks like it is not.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

Toyo
  • Premium member
    Toyo
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Mine also from AIG and premium increased from $600 to $700.

In the end I switched to another insurer with a lower premium.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

Simpleonly
  • Premium member
    Simpleonly
    5th Gear
    Author Image

My last yr insurance was NTUC.
This year both NTUC n AIG give me same rate as last year ...

So Take AIG as they give free excess of $600 for 1st claim.

I'm sure u can get lower

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

Tjkbeluga
  • Premium member
    Tjkbeluga
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Stayed with China Taiping for the past 4 years. My last premium March this year, is $527. 50% NCD comprehensive, OPC car. The year before was $602

Latio Premium Sedan

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

Kingkong
  • Premium member
    Kingkong
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Yup, looks like I gotta on liao.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

Alg
  • Premium member
    Alg
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I changed from lonpac to AXA Citibank promo. 25% cheaper than the renewal given by lonpac. Terms even better.

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:25 AM

Azhiwen
  • Premium member
    Azhiwen
    4th Gear
    Author Image

I renewed my insurance towards the end of last year. Switched from AIG to NTUC. When the AIG CSO asked me why I didn't want to renew with them, I just her matter-of-factly that I managed to find a cheaper insurer. She didn't even bother to see if she can do a reduction for AIG's offer.

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:56 AM

Super7
  • Premium member
    Super7
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

just shop around and get the cheaperer one.

Mine remained the same from the same insurer. So, I shopped, happened to chance upon Citi-AXA promo, got it $200 lower.

The thing with insurance is there's no loyalty one.

I noticed sometimes the premium for comprehensive insurance cover is cheaper than premium for only 3rd party cover!!   I was quoted for both on my COE car.  Any brother has the same experience? 

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

Kangadrool
  • Premium member
    Kangadrool
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

All the quotes I get, comprehensive is slighter more than 3rd party, abt 100-200 difference only.

I noticed sometimes the premium for comprehensive insurance cover is cheaper than premium for only 3rd party cover!!   I was quoted for both on my COE car.  Any brother has the same experience? 

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Direct Asia renewal at $1400.
Direct Asia online quote $1150.

When I took the screenshot to them, they say they will match the online quote.
Sometimes I really wonder what is going on.
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

Hamburger
  • Premium member
    Hamburger
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

trying to pull a fast one? Frankly i dont even bother to ask a quote from them. Too many patterns...

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

Vhtfhwlego
  • Premium member
    Vhtfhwlego
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Or simply put it, they always try to rid off the loyal customers.

And what I heard, insurance don't pay in full.
As when comes to claims during the in-between period, fully paid premiums might not have a sucessful claim as they already took in the revenue.
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

EXO
  • Premium member
    EXO
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Lucky you try the online quote, if not for nothing kana makan $250.

$250 can pump full tank few times!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

Rayleigh
  • Rayleigh
    5th Gear
    Author Image

As some said. There's no loyalty incentive and they dun value it. Contrary, they dangle carrot for new applicants. I change my insurer every year. 

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

can try Aviva online too if your car is not one of those exotics.

My broker has been recommending AXA for being cheapest.

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:32 AM

YEN96
  • YEN96
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Can try give this guy to try quote nine 36 two 3352

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Quick Reply

Tags: insurance renewal, insurance and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users