53 replies to this topic | 29 praises

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:28 PM

Kingkong
    Kingkong

Would like to find out if anyone who had done renewal this year, did your premium increased compared to last year?

By increase, I mean all other factors remain the same, ie NCD & OFD.

If increased, please state by how much, and which company is it.

Mine was increased from $860 to $1040, and cited increase across the board from AIG.

An increase of 20% lei...

Thought the companies are already making $$ liao.

Edited by Kingkong, 28 April 2014 - 03:29 PM.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Kangadrool
    Kangadrool

just shop around and get the cheaperer one.

Mine remained the same from the same insurer. So, I shopped, happened to chance upon Citi-AXA promo, got it $200 lower.

The thing with insurance is there's no loyalty one.

Would like to find out if anyone who had done renewal this year, did your premium increased compared to last year?

Mine was increased from $860 to $1040, and cited increase across the board from AIG.

Blueray praised this

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

Davidtch
    Davidtch

It is likely due to increase in claims for:

1. Make & model similar to yours;

2. Drivers in your age bracket.

Make $$ does not mean make $$ across all make & model.

Go & source from other insurer loh.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:38 PM

Kangadrool
    Kangadrool

If possible, change insurer every year. So they know you mean business.

That's why I don't always give to the cheapest one, but the cheaperer one. Sometimes, have to show them.....

Edited by Kangadrool, 28 April 2014 - 03:39 PM.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 03:54 PM

Kingkong
    Kingkong

Am already asking around for better alternative. Just wanna find out if its true the increase is across. Looks like it is not.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 09:55 PM

Toyo
    Toyo

Mine also from AIG and premium increased from $600 to $700.

In the end I switched to another insurer with a lower premium.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:01 PM

Simpleonly
    Simpleonly

My last yr insurance was NTUC.
This year both NTUC n AIG give me same rate as last year ...

So Take AIG as they give free excess of $600 for 1st claim.

I'm sure u can get lower

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:04 PM

Tjkbeluga
    Tjkbeluga

Stayed with China Taiping for the past 4 years. My last premium March this year, is $527. 50% NCD comprehensive, OPC car. The year before was $602

Latio Premium Sedan

Posted 28 April 2014 - 10:44 PM

Kingkong
    Kingkong

Yup, looks like I gotta on liao.

Posted 28 April 2014 - 11:02 PM

Alg
    Alg

I changed from lonpac to AXA Citibank promo. 25% cheaper than the renewal given by lonpac. Terms even better.

Posted 29 April 2014 - 12:25 AM

Azhiwen
    Azhiwen

I renewed my insurance towards the end of last year. Switched from AIG to NTUC. When the AIG CSO asked me why I didn't want to renew with them, I just her matter-of-factly that I managed to find a cheaper insurer. She didn't even bother to see if she can do a reduction for AIG's offer.

Posted 29 April 2014 - 01:56 AM

Super7
    Super7

just shop around and get the cheaperer one.

Mine remained the same from the same insurer. So, I shopped, happened to chance upon Citi-AXA promo, got it $200 lower.

The thing with insurance is there's no loyalty one.

I noticed sometimes the premium for comprehensive insurance cover is cheaper than premium for only 3rd party cover!!   I was quoted for both on my COE car.  Any brother has the same experience? 

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:50 AM

Kangadrool
    Kangadrool

All the quotes I get, comprehensive is slighter more than 3rd party, abt 100-200 difference only.

I noticed sometimes the premium for comprehensive insurance cover is cheaper than premium for only 3rd party cover!!   I was quoted for both on my COE car.  Any brother has the same experience? 

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:34 PM

Vhtfhwlego
    Vhtfhwlego

Direct Asia renewal at $1400.
Direct Asia online quote $1150.

When I took the screenshot to them, they say they will match the online quote.
Sometimes I really wonder what is going on.
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

Hamburger
    Hamburger

trying to pull a fast one? Frankly i dont even bother to ask a quote from them. Too many patterns...

do to others what you want others to do to you......

Posted 29 April 2014 - 10:36 PM

Vhtfhwlego
    Vhtfhwlego

Or simply put it, they always try to rid off the loyal customers.

And what I heard, insurance don't pay in full.
As when comes to claims during the in-between period, fully paid premiums might not have a sucessful claim as they already took in the revenue.
24th Aug 2006, we lost a planet!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:15 PM

EXO
    EXO

Lucky you try the online quote, if not for nothing kana makan $250.

$250 can pump full tank few times!

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:24 PM

Rayleigh
  • Rayleigh

As some said. There's no loyalty incentive and they dun value it. Contrary, they dangle carrot for new applicants. I change my insurer every year. 

Posted 29 April 2014 - 11:26 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick

can try Aviva online too if your car is not one of those exotics.

My broker has been recommending AXA for being cheapest.

Posted 22 May 2016 - 11:32 AM

YEN96
  • YEN96

Can try give this guy to try quote nine 36 two 3352

Back to General Car Discussion  ·  Cars Top Reply to this topic
SgCarMart Quotz

Tags: insurance renewal, insurance and 1 more...