Best Char Kway Teow in Singapore

Scion

LOL ... My one May 2015 expires...also not so kan chiong until chao kway teow ..

sHannmugam... you ask this in a char kway teow thread??????

mine expire Jan 2015.... i not kanjiong... why you so kanjiong? lol

↡ Advertisement

in its heyday hillstreet ckt is by far the best in sg.

right now. standard dropped. still good just not great.

Agree. Not worth the queue.

there is one good char kway teow stall in old airport hawker centre lao fu zi

Another good one is at hong lim food centre called outram char kway teow :)

there is one good char kway teow stall in old airport hawker centre lao fu zi

Another good one is at hong lim food centre called outram char kway teow :)

Lao Fu Zi... spam sweet sauce only. I really think it has fallen to food court standard.

Never got to try the one at Hong Lim... the queue is too daunting.

• Praise 1

Lao Fu Zi... spam sweet sauce only. I really think it has fallen to food court standard.

agree, LFZ's no longer worth its name anymore!

but there's still hope on the Hong Lim's stall..........

after queuing for 25min, my temper roared with expectation became 'picky'.

but after the 1st flow into my mouth, the truly 'sinkarpore char' has come back ..... maybe 80-90% but not 100 or 110%.

some likes their CKT wet, others prefer dry or very dry till your smell the wok

the old bukit ho swee stall used to be very dry

the clementi's one is towards the wet

the bedok and/or the beach road is leaning towards the not wet/not dry *

but the hong lim's one is the ' * middle' but with the wok smell . . .

I guess its worth the queue!

• Praise 1

I walked past the telok blangah crescent hawker centre the other day, saw one char kway teow stall super long queue. Anyone try their char kway teow before?

• Praise 1

I walked past the telok blangah crescent hawker centre the other day, saw one char kway teow stall super long queue. Anyone try their char kway teow before?

Originally from Queenstown. The two storey hawker centre behind Tai Cheong. Nice! Dry and fragrant. Miss the curry yong tau foo and fishball noodles from the same hawker centre.

Edited by Kklim
  • Praise 1

Originally from Queenstown. The two storey hawker centre behind Tai Cheong. Nice! Dry and fragrant. Miss the curry yong tau foo and fishball noodles from the same hawker centre.

Originally from Queenstown? That was decades ago! The taste still the same eh? No wonder the queue so long.

go in the morning, they open early even before 8am.

That uncle wear long sleeve, very humble guy. The queue is long because at anytime, he only fry 1 plate.

• Praise 3

Originally from Queenstown? That was decades ago! The taste still the same eh? No wonder the queue so long.

The chef for the rest of the stall mostly changed. This Queenstown stall still same uncle, so standard maintained.

The chef for the rest of the stall mostly changed. This Queenstown stall still same uncle, so standard maintained.

Still same uncle back then at queenstown? This uncle must be very young when he was at queenstown?!

Edited by 13177

Still same uncle back then at queenstown? This uncle must be very young when he was at queenstown?!

Its Hai Kee Teochew CKT and the uncle open his stall from 5pm open onward. Now his char kway teow is the healthy version compare to his Queenstown (Margaret Drive) standard. I find the current version very bland but the q still there..

• Praise 1

Its Hai Kee Teochew CKT and the uncle open his stall from 5pm open onward. Now his char kway teow is the healthy version compare to his Queenstown (Margaret Drive) standard. I find the current version very bland but the q still there..

Does he still wear the thin white T-shirts?

How can Char Kway Teow be healthy?! Lol.

• Praise 1

Does he still wear the thin white T-shirts?

Yes.

How can Char Kway Teow be healthy?! Lol.

His "healthy' version is less oil, less sweet sauce and no pork lard. That's why the taste is different from Queenstown times.