Best Char Kway Teow in Singapore

Scion

His "healthy' version is less oil, less sweet sauce and no pork lard. That's why the taste is different from Queenstown times.

Like this nice meh? Anyway, maybe find one day go queue and try his char kway teow. [:p]

↡ Advertisement

Like this nice meh? Anyway, maybe find one day go queue and try his char kway teow. [:p]

I never said its nice but I think he is the only CKT in that Hawker Center. Maybe people goes for his stall name and some publicity from TV food variety show/food blog. If you ever tried his CKT during Queenstown time and current CKT, you can tell the difference.

• Praise 2

use pig's oil cook one is healthy, use vegetable oil cook one is unhealthy.

Your comment is somehow valid...

pig oil is non process... it is natural it can be use to cook high temperature food... fry, deep fried no problem...

vegetable oil... is processed... i read that under some high temp cooking, it somehow have some chemical reaction...

my 2 cents...

actually no need under high temp cooking... Even as when vegetable oil is being manufactured, it underwent extreme heat, making the oil turns rancid. But, how come vegetable oil you poured out is not chow sng one neh? 'cos there are tonnes of chemicals added to reverse rancid oil to "non-rancid".

pig oil is non process... it is natural it can be use to cook high temperature food... fry, deep fried no problem...

vegetable oil... is processed... i read that under some high temp cooking, it somehow have some chemical reaction...

my 2 cents...

use pig's oil cook one is healthy, use vegetable oil cook one is unhealthy.

yalor.......

if CKT no lard, might as well dont eat.

my 2 cents...

bottom line, do not use hydrogenated oil.

Use what most hawker does, palm oil that is cold pressed.

And many still say hawker use lousy oil like palm oil just because they are cheap. Lame.......

• Praise 1

I'm told it's not nice. So I queued for one hour. Tried... and I think it's nothing special.

But don't let what I say stop you, just as what others said didn't stop me. [laugh]

Have to say that the interaction with Uncle is something you don't get at any other stall. He treats every customer like a friend, and yes he wears his long sleeve shirt and is possibly the most well-groomed hawker around.

• Praise 1

I'm told it's not nice. So I queued for one hour. Tried... and I think it's nothing special.

But don't let what I say stop you, just as what others said didn't stop me. [laugh]

Have to say that the interaction with Uncle is something you don't get at any other stall. He treats every customer like a friend, and yes he wears his long sleeve shirt and is possibly the most well-groomed hawker around.

Will go and try the char kway teow there lah, to see why it attracted such a long queue?! Lol.

Reminds me of one also super long queue fried prawn noodle at ABC hawker centre. I went to queue and tried and think nothing special, although i queued for 45 mins!

Yes.

His "healthy' version is less oil, less sweet sauce and no pork lard. That's why the taste is different from Queenstown times.

I can tell you for certain that Hai Kee is still using pork lard to fry his CKT..its healthier using lard..he still adds pork lard pieces into the CKT..combined with fish sauce..the taste is really awesome unlike 95% of the other CKT out there(which only use sweet sauce)..my usual weekly order is with extra lard+extra lard pieces+extra fish sauce

I can tell you for certain that Hai Kee is still using pork lard to fry his CKT..its healthier using lard..he still adds pork lard pieces into the CKT..combined with fish sauce..the taste is really awesome unlike 95% of the other CKT out there(which only use sweet sauce)..my usual weekly order is with extra lard+extra lard pieces+extra fish sauce

I have only eaten hai kee like almost 20 years ago at Margaret drive hawker centre. I remember the taste is good but hai kee most famous then is that he gave every plate a lot a lot of hums which I like.

Will go and try the char kway teow there lah, to see why it attracted such a long queue?! Lol.

Reminds me of one also super long queue fried prawn noodle at ABC hawker centre. I went to queue and tried and think nothing special, although i queued for 45 mins!

bro, if you like to eat 炒福建面, I gai siao you go Toa Payoh Lorong 8 hawker center....

here damn a lot fried hokkien Mee....around 5 store, you can eat till heart's content !

Neutral Newbie

Best CKT is from Bukit Merah Central's hawker center.

Near to the grass jelly/soya bean stall. Very tasty and yummy!

Used to like the Pasir Panjang CKT with a lot of veges but standard seems to drop over the years..

Best CKT is from Bukit Merah Central's hawker center.

Near to the grass jelly/soya bean stall. Very tasty and yummy!

Used to like the Pasir Panjang CKT with a lot of veges but standard seems to drop over the years..

Sorry, I ban the pp ckt stall. The guy got attitude problem.

People patronize a stall for mainly 2 reasons, good food or good service/experience. I will not patronize a stall with good food but fark up attitude.

btw, any recommendations of good Char Kway Teow, and/or Fried Hokkien (Prawn) Mee in the upper north?

my fav CKT is at Hong Lim food court

my fav FHM is at Beo Cres food stall (kopitiam opp market)

↡ Advertisement