Best Char Kway Teow in Singapore

Scion

anyone tried the wet style ? Apollo at Marine Parade FC

[thumbsup][thumbsup][thumbsup]

i'm not sure but I think they don't stick cos their fire is VERY strong. Cannot replicate with home stove.

The Apollo ckt is best! [thumbsup] But recently not as wet leh. [crazy]

↡ Advertisement

The Apollo ckt is best! [thumbsup] But recently not as wet leh. [crazy]

Apollo standard drop a lot. I am at marine parade every week, but I have not eaten at all this year. The last time I order, it was $4, and I ask add cockles, he said $1, I said ok, in the end only a few measly cockles only. Knn $5 for a few miserable cockles and the kway teow also like those extra small portion.

I think any other CKT stall offer more.

In the east, I can go Hill Street, in the west I can go Hai Kee.

Apollo standard drop a lot. I am at marine parade every week, but I have not eaten at all this year. The last time I order, it was $4, and I ask add cockles, he said $1, I said ok, in the end only a few measly cockles only. Knn $5 for a few miserable cockles and the kway teow also like those extra small portion.

I think any other CKT stall offer more.

In the east, I can go Hill Street, in the west I can go Hai Kee.

Apollo is at best, a variation of a CKT. its style is so different that i wonder if it's fair to compare it against other CKTs.

(edited)

CKT is consider one of our sacred dishes!

And to see some Tiong frying this dish at some food court really makes me mad n sad !

Sometime can see people Q-ing...Faintz...

Used to like Hill Street but now std really not there Liao..

Now I go to this stall :

Sheng Cheng Char Kway Teow

Blk 132 Jalan Bukit Merah

Open 12pm to 10pm

Got the wok hei n old school type..

Surprisingly , he also can fry a mean plate of nice hokkien mee too..

No need to Q so far ...

Bear in mind , not those 2 in 1 stall standard ...below avg CKT, avg Hokkien mee..

Edited by Freeder
  • Praise 3

Hypersonic

20140528_151324_zpsbmnmjdzn.jpg

Manage to tk a pic of my customer special request CKT. Raw see hum uncooked lolz.

last 5 pts for the day..........give you............see you soon bro........... [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

I went to Aljunied hawker centre for the Penang fried kway teow earlier but it was closed! The pictures make me hungry

Turbocharged

I bring one banana to ID myself ok? [:p] Gimme big big portion :D

And bring me too!! I m feeling hungry now....

btw, block 24 Sin Min has good ckt [thumbsup] [thumbsup] previously located at Armenian Street near Stamford Rd. Maybe they can fry special ckt for you using banana to replace the lum-chiong!!

Turbocharged

And bring me too!! I m feeling hungry now....

btw, block 24 Sin Min has good ckt [thumbsup] [thumbsup] previously located at Armenian Street near Stamford Rd. Maybe they can fry special ckt for you using banana to replace the lum-chiong!!

CKT with banana? nice idea.... that's most extraordinary since mee siam with hum [nod][laugh]

Turbocharged

CKT with banana? nice idea.... that's most extraordinary since mee siam with hum [nod][laugh]

LOL, only for bro Vid lah, hehehe
  • Praise 1

Quite disappointed with Zion Rd CKT.

honestly is one of the worse I have eaten .

Try Meng Kee in Havelock Road cheap and good .

(edited)

I went to Aljunied hawker centre for the Penang fried kway teow earlier but it was closed! The pictures make me hungry

i believe she has decided to close for good if she didn't get to renew the rental.

Edited by Jman888

wtf with banana. The banana will melt instantly while frying on the hot wok. Lolz

Bro Dscheng CKT got standard! I ordered a $4 One and it's really nice. I frequently eat ckt and your stall is one I will frequent from now. I came down from raffles quay..visit your stall #01-18. Worth the trip

My personal preference will be to be slightly spicier. Bec of not so spicy, my first 2 mouth the noodle felt so so.. but after that it's really good.. I actually wanna order another plate bec got ckt craving but think that's too siao. From first 2-3 mouthful onwards, I think it tastes really close to Hill Street CKT.

Wanna say hello I'm from mcf but bec rushing so didn't. Also want you to stir fry your usual standard.

post-24802-0-23772500-1401866737_thumb.jpg

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

Bro Dscheng CKT got standard! I ordered a $4 One and it's really nice. I frequently eat ckt and your stall is one I will frequent from now. I came down from raffles quay..visit your stall #01-18. Worth the trip

My personal preference will be to be slightly spicier. Bec of not so spicy, my first 2 mouth the noodle felt so so.. but after that it's really good.. I actually wanna order another plate bec got ckt craving but think that's too siao. From first 2-3 mouthful onwards, I think it tastes really close to Hill Street CKT.

Wanna say hello I'm from mcf but bec rushing so didn't. Also want you to stir fry your usual standard.

Hunger Thread.. Still haven't find time to try Dscheng ckt. Did you quote mcf member?, coz seem got give extra.

↡ Advertisement