Taobao Sure Can Buy List

Mustank

I guess u buy a lot of stuff. So far I've never had any complaints about shipping. All kana crammed until max lol. I'm more worried about damaged goods lol

My shipper cramp to the max, is the seller never cramp but cases is few and far between

Can know. For each purchase, before I place my order, I will 亲 the seller to ask the seller to give me the shipping package gross weight (if using air parcel) or volumetric dimensions (if sea freight).

The figures are pretty close to actual. So it is a good estimate for you to work on when amassing your 1kg or 1 cubic metre minimum load charge.

If clothes, shoes,.small items can lar... if big box items + small items likely will come as volumetric than the small items size will matter more than weight

1 tip is to identify big and small items then ship separately

I sometimes have more than 20 items or sellers...if everyone I ask I ki siao

↡ Advertisement

Got once...I kenna a thumbrive-sized product.....seller pack in shoe box size parcel...

best part is... don't have any fillers packing too. So the item was bouncing around inside that big box from dragon land to merlion land.

Luckily the shipping is calculated by mass rather than volume.

:brzzzzz:

My shipper cramp to the max, is the seller never cramp but cases is few and far between

Can lar, just use the taobao app. The sellers usually very prompt in replying, almost like whatsapp speed, esp during office hours.

Decide on item to buy, 亲already then click order.

Sometimes can bargain for fun. They can reduce price for you if you buying a few items from them. Some can 免邮, some throw in accessories which you might have to top up for.

Also, you can request or remind them to pack as compactly as possible because you are going to  转运 which charges by volumetric weight. They are usually quite obliging.

If clothes, shoes,.small items can lar... if big box items + small items likely will come as volumetric than the small items size will matter more than weight

1 tip is to identify big and small items then ship separately

I sometimes have more than 20 items or sellers...if everyone I ask I ki siao

Turbocharged

I wanna buy 普洱茶饼 (Pu Er tea) from taobao

any recommendations from taobao?

if I search 普洱茶饼, this highest sales volume is:

https://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.eTJIFj&id=39954264681&ns=1&abbucket=12

if I search 普洱茶饼 5年(含)-10年(不含), the highest sales volume is:

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.ThfMKY&id=41817527477&ns=1&abbucket=12#detail

the older tea like cheaper leh, funny

not sure about the rest, i will never buy food or medicine from online. not worth the saving to risk my life. anything else, i can buy online.

• Praise 3

Hypersonic

not sure about the rest, i will never buy food or medicine from online. not worth the saving to risk my life. anything else, i can buy online.

Quite true. Good point.

But i use iherb quite a bit for my family's supplements.

Can lar, just use the taobao app. The sellers usually very prompt in replying, almost like whatsapp speed, esp during office hours.

Decide on item to buy, 亲already then click order.

Sometimes can bargain for fun. They can reduce price for you if you buying a few items from them. Some can 免邮, some throw in accessories which you might have to top up for.

Also, you can request or remind them to pack as compactly as possible because you are going to  转运 which charges by volumetric weight. They are usually quite obliging.

can... but will ki siao...........

thanks for the rest of the tips though...... lol

Turbocharged

Try ebay, usually ship from USA.

Pay for shipping, may be cheaper than local pricing.

I got a couple of Milwaukee this way. The local pricing is double.

Although, you will need a 220Vac/110Vac for the charger.

Thanks, looking for a makita impact

Supersonic
(edited)

Thanks, looking for a makita impact

I would try to buy from Amazon since you can get free shipping, but the problem is once it has a lithium-ion battery, they won't ship, unless you buy a bare tool.

This one will ship bcuz it has NiCd battery

https://www.amazon.com/DEWALT-DC970K-2-18-Volt-Compact-Driver/dp/B002RLR0EY/

I don't like NiCd battery, they always die early, so I look for lithium-ion battery.

When you buy from Amazon or Ebay (USA), you need to get a set with battery(s) and charger.

Those really cheap one may just be the bare tool itself (without battery).

I find the batteries and charger actually cost more than the tool.

But then once you have the batteries and charger, you can add more tools and reuse the same battery.

18V Makita shipped from USA

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/Makita-XPH012-18V-LXT-Lithium-Ion-Cordless-1-2-Inch-Hammer-Driver-Drill-Kit-New-/331563987003

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Anyway i was just comparing EZBuy (what we used to call 65daigou) vs 4PX (the TB official forwarder) costs for my Brother in law.

So just posting it here.

Of course going through EZBuy requires more steps, but it's worth it if u stay near the collection points. If u require home delivery, then going through another forwarder is more wuhua.

4PX
43 RMB ($8.7) for 1st kg then 12 RMB ($2.4) every 0.5kg 

EZBuy
Sea - $1.30 every kg 
Economy Air - $1.69 every kg

Based on buying 3kg of items
- 4px $18.3
- EZBuy Air $10.2, Sea is $7.8

If buying 8kg
- 4px $42.3
- EZBuy Air is $27

Anyway i was just comparing EZBuy (what we used to call 65daigou) vs 4PX (the TB official forwarder) costs for my Brother in law.

So just posting it here.

Of course going through EZBuy requires more steps, but it's worth it if u stay near the collection points. If u require home delivery, then going through another forwarder is more wuhua.

4PX

43 RMB ($8.7) for 1st kg then 12 RMB ($2.4) every 0.5kg

EZBuy

Sea - $1.30 every kg

Economy Air - $1.69 every kg

Based on buying 3kg of items

- 4px $18.3

- EZBuy Air $10.2, Sea is $7.8

If buying 8kg

- 4px $42.3

- EZBuy Air is $27

That's why I sarpark ezbuy until the delivery boy boy knows me :grin:

Hypersonic

i'm buying stuff now. So just did a cost comparison for curiosity sake. Took me a while to find the 4px shipping charges.

I only collect from the uncles in the van. very near our place. U do home delivery?

i'm buying stuff now. So just did a cost comparison for curiosity sake. Took me a while to find the 4px shipping charges.

I only collect from the uncles in the van. very near our place. U do home delivery?

No lah

Blk 333c

That's the nearest Liao

Turbocharged

home delivery by ezbuy only S$5 (i think below 5 or 8kg)

very wu hua....

ezbuy have so many collecting points in MRT areas and estate or even their warehouse.

why go so far.

block 440 is way nearer.

Wah! Didn't realise that

I will collecting from there now!!!

Hypersonic

Wah! Didn't realise that

I will collecting from there now!!!

there are 2 routes for our estate. think that's why u didn't notice.