Taobao Sure Can Buy List

Mustank

anyone encountered this before? I was trying to purchase this item. But it seems like it's in some promotion. U can't buy it now. There's some countdown timer for 1 hr away or something...

https://detail.ju.taobao.com/home.htm?spm=a220o.1000855.1998059529.1.Uuu1L6&item_id=527086286700&

聚划算专场

查看更多本品牌商品

looks like group buy to me....

↡ Advertisement

looks like group buy to me....

ok. i tried to check out via mobile last night. But the other items went through but this one didn't though it was in the cart.

I thought it was an error. 

Then couldn't buy it and the item went to the "non discounted full price". So i checked today, say its a group buy rubbish lol... which is the exact same price anyway.

Lol just tried to check out the item, then they said u already one click purchased it earlier...

I didn't realise pressing the group buy button becomes single click purchase.

Edited by Lala81

I was not 100% confident it would work

But heng it did

Buying from taobao is like going to sungei road

Nothing like emporium

But once in a while you find gold there

Wah! Emporium. Ying bao liang?

Last time always go Toa Payoh Emporium kiah kiah, go upstair have to climb staircase one . . . No escalator.

I is go Bukit Merah one

Uncle Mustank, for those G24d LED bulbs from tb, do you know if we can just plug and play into those sockets used for downlights? Currently using florescent G24s with ballasts. Read that can just plug  and play the G24 LEDs without cutting any wires and the ballast can stay.

Will explode or not?

• Praise 1

Uncle Mustank, for those G24d LED bulbs from tb, do you know if we can just plug and play into those sockets used for downlights? Currently using florescent G24s with ballasts. Read that can just plug and play the G24 LEDs without cutting any wires and the ballast can stay.

Will explode or not?

I am sorry

I don't know

The lights I swap are all e27 bulbs

So I really don't know about g24

But I heard that ballast compatible led lights are not common

But i personally I wouldn't go with ballast + led

I would have bought an entirely new led down light assembly

Uncle Mustank, for those G24d LED bulbs from tb, do you know if we can just plug and play into those sockets used for downlights? Currently using florescent G24s with ballasts. Read that can just plug and play the G24 LEDs without cutting any wires and the ballast can stay.

Will explode or not?

Need to bypass the ballast. My house also have these, but I don't know how to remove the light holder from the light box to access the ballast.

This quote page gives give the general idea what needs to be done before you can led light replacement.

http://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Mobile/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=425740470

Edited by Ender
  • Praise 2

Uncle Mustank, for those G24d LED bulbs from tb, do you know if we can just plug and play into those sockets used for downlights? Currently using florescent G24s with ballasts. Read that can just plug  and play the G24 LEDs without cutting any wires and the ballast can stay.

Will explode or not?

Ballast is used to step up the voltage to ionise and light the fluorescent bulb.

If you put the ballast on the LED replacement, it will most likely blow instantly, due to the high surge voltage.

So the ballast should be removed or bypassed and the G24D LED connect direct to 230Vac.

• Praise 1

Need to bypass the ballast. My house also have these, but I don't know how to remove the light holder from the light box to access the ballast.

This quote page gives give the general idea what needs to be done before you can led light replacement.

http://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/Mobile/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=425740470

Thanks Ender. Strange thing is, inside the QnA section, the seller says can be used without removing the ballast.

Can the G24 led light be used without removing the ballast?
  • [Re] Can use without removing ballast?
    Hi,

Can,thanks.

ANyway, bought 2 from tb as test mules. Cheep cheep at $2 ea. Blow also nvm.

• Praise 1

Thanks Ender. Strange thing is, inside the QnA section, the seller says can be used without removing the ballast.

Can the G24 led light be used without removing the ballast?
  • [Re] Can use without removing ballast?
    Hi,

Can,thanks.

ANyway, bought 2 from tb as test mules. Cheep cheep at $2 ea. Blow also nvm.

PLease post back the result of your experiment. I'm also very curious if this will work. 

Saw another Q and A that says can work, but consume an extra 2 to 3 watts. That will defeat the purpose of changing to LED, as there' s no energy saving. Bypass would be preferred is possible.

No driver req'd? wil******* 2016-06-08 Answered   Most LED lights req'd a driver in order to work. By taking out the ballast and connect G24 LED BULB direct to AC power source is it ok?  

[Re] No driver req'd?

The driver is inbuilt to the bulb. You can take out the ballast and plug it in. Otherwise if you find it too troublesome to take the ballast out you can just leave it too and just plug out the old bulb and plug in the new one. It will work too except that it consumes about 2-3 watts more. Hope that helped.

• Praise 1

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1