Mitsubishi Outlander

Benjamintoh

Have not considered the Vezel but will now take a look at it. Thanks for pointing this out. May also consider the not so pretty asx.

I'm pretty much inclined to go with Jap and Korean cars (now that I hear many good things about Kia) too. No temptation to go with Conti cars. But I am tempted to go for a seven-seater or suv, which is something I don't really need. Like many others, my family fits nicely into a five-seater sedan. There might be occasions that I would want to fetch my parents or in-laws and a seven-seater makes this possible.

Head or heart. I'll let it simmer a little longer....

Harrier also looks nice and roomy... whahahaha

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Hi

I saw there's quite a few Mitsubishis registered over the past couple months and my guess is quite a few are the Outlander model.

I'm considering this car (mainly for 7 seats) and wondering if some folks (incl C&C customers) can help out about

- cost of servicing at CnC?

- any other freebies that you can get out of SE?

- negotiation advice?

Also how is the performance so far?

I have not bought a new car before and all my prior cars were 2nd hand so it was fairly straight forward exercise for them (usually). Hope some can help.

Other options are Nissan X-trail (a good car but almost rule out because 3rd row really cannot make it) and Kia Sorento (going to see this weekend). Want to try something else other than the MPV as the 3rd row is needed only once in a while.

• Praise 1

Hi

I saw there's quite a few Mitsubishis registered over the past couple months and my guess is quite a few are the Outlander model.

I'm considering this car (mainly for 7 seats) and wondering if some folks (incl C&C customers) can help out about

- cost of servicing at CnC?

- any other freebies that you can get out of SE?

- negotiation advice?

Also how is the performance so far?

I have not bought a new car before and all my prior cars were 2nd hand so it was fairly straight forward exercise for them (usually). Hope some can help.

Other options are Nissan X-trail (a good car but almost rule out because 3rd row really cannot make it) and Kia Sorento (going to see this weekend). Want to try something else other than the MPV as the 3rd row is needed only once in a while.

Actually You nominated "SUVs" are high platform MPV,

All FWD only, why do you not consider MPV, which have a lot 3rd space much better than "SUV"

Like Ody,

• Praise 1

This Outlander is really good value for money! MIJ n fits most criteria for a 7seater SUV.

I understand that the OMV is low which may explain why they can sell at such a price.

That said, it makes u wonder why Mitsubishi can manufacture this car in Japan at such a price when makes like Honda n Toyota manufactures lower end cars at a higher price in Thailand eg Altis, City, Vios??

• Praise 11

This Outlander is really good value for money! MIJ n fits most criteria for a 7seater SUV.

I understand that the OMV is low which may explain why they can sell at such a price.

That said, it makes u wonder why Mitsubishi can manufacture this car in Japan at such a price when makes like Honda n Toyota manufactures lower end cars at a higher price in Thailand eg Altis, City, Vios??

The Outlander at that price point is excellent value for money.

7-seater, 2.4l engine, great reliability, excellent road presence, comfortable seats, 5-star NCAP rating, 5 years warranty (10 years on engine).

I think not having rear air-con is a small issue. No electric-folding mirror? Well, that's not a big problem as well considering how much value the car is giving.

I may have bought another brand but this car still ranks highly in my heart.

• Praise 3

7-seater, 2.4l engine, great reliability, excellent road presence, comfortable seats, 5-star NCAP rating, 5 years warranty (10 years on engine).

I think not having rear air-con is a small issue. No electric-folding mirror? Well, that's not a big problem as well considering how much value the car is giving.

Outlander is the most popular SUV in Taiwai,

but Singapore why so many ppl willing pay more to buy Harrier over Outlander?

Actually You nominated "SUVs" are high platform MPV,

All FWD only, why do you not consider MPV, which have a lot 3rd space much better than "SUV"

Like Ody,

Hi

I am driving an MPV now - the 2006 Stream 2.0. I tried SUVs during my trips in Australia and quite like the driving position and general comfort of the big SUVs so would like a change. But I still need 7 seats from time to time so therefore looking at this segment.

Odyssey is a good car but I have no reason to pay up to that level for it. Kah Motors is currently milking it for all its worth since there are still takers with reasonable sales volume at this pricing level. No offense intended towards Ody lovers/owners.

• Praise 3

Yeah its good value all things considered. I am also wondering how Mitsubishi can deliver this car for <20k OMV when all its peers come in >20k.

Take it that the outlander is the same price as the sorrento but with free 16k petrol voucher thrown in.

Or

16k can be put towards your kids uni education or invested and grown over 1 10 yrs for your next car downpayment.

Happy CNY. Huat ah. Dong Dong Chiang!

Edited by Sabian
  • Praise 1

Hi

I am driving an MPV now - the 2006 Stream 2.0. I tried SUVs during my trips in Australia and quite like the driving position and general comfort of the big SUVs so would like a change. But I still need 7 seats from time to time so therefore looking at this segment.

Odyssey is a good car but I have no reason to pay up to that level for it. Kah Motors is currently milking it for all its worth since there are still takers with reasonable sales volume at this pricing level. No offense intended towards Ody lovers/owners.

most Singapore SUV enthusiasts are addicted from AUS, USA, Mid-east etc, me too

but frankly speaking, those countries have a vast territory and off road, there's ample scope for SUV's abilities, but in Singapore city country, so many traffic lights, frequently pick up/down, SUV indeed fuel killer, I used to drive LC Prado , FC only 5 to 6km/L, one year later gave up.

Edited by Quantum
  • Praise 1

but in Singapore city country, so many traffic lights, frequently pick up/down, SUV indeed fuel killer, I used to drive LC Prado , FC only 5 to 6km/L, one year later gave up.

Thanks - poor FC is not really that bad for me because my mileage is not that high. I generally clock 15k per year or so because our commutes are rather short. My current car FC is also not so good - 7-8km/lit most of the time with 8-9 only occasionally. I read from the others that the new ones with better engines generally can get 7-8km/lit in Singapore without too heavy footed drive. Please correct me if I'm wrong.

The last trip to Australia I drove a brand new Jeep Cherokee with 3.2 lit engine which is quite frugal and totally surprised me - I was clocking about 8-9 lit/km at Great Ocean Road which was not as bad as what people made it out to be. About 5-6 km/lit on offroad track with occasional 4wd on. Long expressways with cruise control was doing easily > 15km/lit.

Outlander is the most popular SUV in Taiwai,

but Singapore why so many ppl willing pay more to buy Harrier over Outlander?

Harrier is a premium SUV with top-class interior and better fuel consumption (2.0l engine, 2WD), this could be the reasons why people are willing to pay much more. Luxury comfort with long-term fuel savings. This may turn out to cost nearly the same as the Outlander over a 10 years period.

Saying that, I know many people buy a Toyota because of the brand being number 1 in reliability and that's all that matters to this group of people.
Not everyone can afford a Harrier, but for someone with a budget and wants maximum value, I'll personally recommend Outlander.
  • Praise 2

I've seen quite a few on the roads lately...

How's the drive?

wait this monster coming:

4x4 V6 3.0L 258bhp 6 speed AT

14361997172037_2740368_14.JPG14361996375505_2740364_14.JPG

Hi all,

I just got my Outlander in Feb 16th, just before CNY.

My package is unique when I got it from the C&C, it is a "guarantee" COE, since they have on hand some open CAT B expiring.

Included in my package is - 5years free servicing, GPS head unit ($1.5k value), tuff coat 6 (really smooth), sun flim, a outlander floor mat.

The car is still clocking ~ 800km now (4th March) after about 3weeks, I have been doing 8-10km/L.

But recently I change to 2WD, and it seem to give me 10km/L which is good.
When I change my ride from Toyota Wish after 6years+, and got the Outlander, I expect the FC to increase by another 20%.

Consider my monthly petrol is around $300, that is to me additional $60 per month.

Think about it, month by month, as some say, life is short, $60/month joy to drive a SUV (with 7seaters) good road presence?

Of course ignore all the road tax, maintenance - once you think too much you never dare commit?

You can PM on the car performance.

Even though I may pay a slight premium to get it when COE is high, but so far not really regret.

Family is happy, but have not squeeze 7 with the third row. Have tried 7 (with two young boys) onto front n middle seats. :)

Just a short summary -

Car is pretty quiet when cruising, when reving up from 1-2k RPM, there's a bit of engine noise, but this is barely noticably when music is on.
As its a tall SUV, expect abit of roll, n bump more than a normal car. Feature wise - plentiful, beat the current Wish.
Sunroof, Auto headlights (HID), rain sensor, keyless entry/engine start, front indepenent air-con, electronic tail gate (wife n me like it), hill start (no more worry abt leaving steep carpark), steering wheel controls (audio/phone), GPS - bundled in, with bluetooth phone function.
Last but no least, comes with 7 airbag, and Euro NCAP 5stars, don't think its not useful. On my first day, a huge lamp dropped on my car roof and hit the bonnet, I only got some scratches on the body. Doubt my old Wish can survive that.

I hope to meet and stay in touch with any Outlander owner - not easy to link up as Mit is pretty quiet or in just in forum these days. :)

• Praise 2

Doing ~ 11km/L (over a 400km+ clock) - light foot on two wheels mode, no heavy jam (only at Steven road, normal build up), from North via PIE to town ~ 30km journey.

I get around 8km/L when I did four wheel drive previously.

Parked near my neighbour Subaru Forestor - bigger road presence. :)

post-45417-0-57780400-1425457288.jpg

post-45417-0-53654800-1425457311.jpg

• Praise 1

I was driving a Lancer and it served me well for 10 years. I am glad that Mitsubishi is making its comeback in Singapore. Have been driving the Outlander for about 2 weeks. Sharing my 2 cents worth.

1. I think the Mitsubishi Outlander is good value for money if you are in the market for a 7-seater SUV... actually, it is a good option even if you are thinking of getting an MPV. Car Buyer said it best - it's a family car in an SUV body.

2. The drive is pleasant imho.

3. I like the Outlander’s features – sunroof, electric tailgate, cruise control and media control on the steering wheel, paddle shift, headlight washer and the ability to completely fold down the last and center row seats.

4. I was initially concerned about the probably-made-in-china-low-quality-media system. Surprisingly, it seems ok (It’s probably still made in China!). The reverse cam, GPS, interface, connection to phone, etc all seem to work well. The music also sounds fine to my untrained ears.

5. No auto folding side mirrors is a bummer.

6. No aircon vents at the back rows as well. But the air con is strong and it hasn't been an issue.

7. The interior isn't plush like the harrier. But it comes with full leather seats and a good part of the dashboard is leather as well. Pity it only comes in black leather.

8. I clock about 90km a day and my drive is typically 70:30 highway:city. I am achieving 10 to 11 kmL on eco mode.

9. I just did my 1,000km servicing at C&C. It was a hassle free experience.

Bwilly, glad to know of another Outlander owner. :)

• Praise 2