Mitsubishi Outlander

Benjamintoh

Neutral Newbie

Thanks - this year I want to keep my window stock, to put the Singapore flag, reindeer accessories, my previous car cannot due to the visor. Haha..

Where do you get all your Outlander stuffs?

Ebay and Amazon :D . Wow the new facelift's front looks tons better than the current one! Almost like the PHEV concept!

p6.jpg?ct=bc74b3f8ab91

mitsubishi-outlander-phev-concept-s-prev

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Harrier is a premium SUV with top-class interior and better fuel consumption (2.0l engine, 2WD), this could be the reasons why people are willing to pay much more. Luxury comfort with long-term fuel savings. This may turn out to cost nearly the same as the Outlander over a 10 years period.

Saying that, I know many people buy a Toyota because of the brand being number 1 in reliability and that's all that matters to this group of people.
Not everyone can afford a Harrier, but for someone with a budget and wants maximum value, I'll personally recommend Outlander.

If not because of new harrier, I am 100% buying outlander. Really value for money.

What I do not like is the interior material, no auto folding side mirror and rear air-con.

I had been driving toyota for many years and I do agreed that it never caused any problem to me.

Yes. I somehow ended up in the showroom that day, but actually did not decide until the next day. The sales lady was kind enough to follow up and work on the deal. They also offered a decent value for my trade in car.

For the Outlander, to get that 123k price you need to loan and trade in a car with them. For BM only need to loan min 30k. During my earlier round at the Mitsubishi showroom their opening offer was paper value for my current car. At that time I have not made up my mind yet so did not sit down and talk terms. Their margin, even at 123k, was higher than BM's on the Wish at 124k.

In the end I decided to just go for the Wish for lower running cost and stronger resale value to have a more reliable option to change car before the five year mark without too steep losses. I think based on BM's price, if they deliver to roughly current COE levels they would not make much money on the vehicle. Whatever that the dealer don't make - you save in depreciation cost.

May be it is because of the Sales lady and you decided to buy wish? (joking only lah)

For outlander, you must take a loan 50% but trade in old car is negotiable. I was told by Mit's sales man they can find better deal from their own dealer for my old car.

For BM, they give 1K discount if you are existing toyota owner.

I am driving a PI's WISH for more than 9 years and I would say it is very reliable. Wish your wish come true.

About the noise filtering, road noise and engine is quite alright. Better than my old Wish. Rev can be heard at low 1-2rpm when shifting up.

After that on steady highway and normal road, it is pretty quiet, so when they stated in the brochure that insulation improved, it is true.

At expressway, hitting up to 100km/hr, it is extremely comfort, almost like a luxury car. Minimum noise, just open up the sunroof to compare how much noise that your Outlander has actually filter off. :)

Hi, I can't agreed with your old wish's noise is higher than the new outlander.

I am driving a 9 yo wish and I had personally compare the noise level with new outlander from my friend. I am using a DB meter and turn on one at the time. The noise level for an old wish is still better than new outlander.

If I have the chance again, I may record down the video and show to you.

Toyota is not only famous on reliability and it is also one of the most quiet car.

Hi, I can't agreed with your old wish's noise is higher than the new outlander.

I am driving a 9 yo wish and I had personally compare the noise level with new outlander from my friend. I am using a DB meter and turn on one at the time. The noise level for an old wish is still better than new outlander.

If I have the chance again, I may record down the video and show to you.

Toyota is not only famous on reliability and it is also one of the most quiet car.

Hi no offense meant to Wish driver as I am one myself then. Alot depends on the driver. One could be light footer, than you may not even hear any rev, to another it is a heavy footer. It depends on where you hear the rev, is it up slope - ie Road condition play a part. Definitely the Wish will struggle and becomes more vocal. I just drove what I did normally for both cars to work. I can hear both rev, and my old Wish is in stock, there is not even any insulation and with a 4gear, I used to struggle going up at Bayfront, and to move faster, I move 3gear to pick up. Both my wife and mum told me they feel more comfort in the Outlander, nothing I can dispute as women are sensitive. (except for the high step)

You may have misunderstood - I driven the Wish for almost 7years without any major issues, and will have go back to Borneo for their good service. If the COE is $10k, I will gladly renew and drive my Wish again for another 10years. At this point in time, i decide to trade in and pay $70k more for a new car now, or pay $70k to drive the Wish in 3years time.

As for quiet, Wish is not well known for quiet. Of course then you cannot compare it with a Nissan Sunny B13, which I drove, then almost reached 20years, yes, then Wish is very quiet.

Reliability yes, Toyota Camry is quiet. I am impressed with the Camry 2L driven by my brother in law and also have a chance to drive a 2.4L for two weeks 5years back. I will have got Camry if I don't need the extra 2seats at times. Camry 2.4L pick is very good, and extremely quiet at Cruise level, feel like almost like a Lexus.

I will have got a Fortuner 2.7L if they have not CEV surcharge which makes it now expensive now. Toyota and Borneo will always one of the choice if I plan to change car in future, that say much about their branding.

Ebay and Amazon :D . Wow the new facelift's front looks tons better than the current one! Almost like the PHEV concept!

mitsubishi-outlander-phev-concept-s-prev

Almost Lexus front!!

The local review - for Outlander.
I won't say it extreme as limo cruise refinement, but it is quite quiet at cruising.

When reving, both (2008) Wish and Outlander tends to get quite loud.

If you read the review for the Wish - it does get loud when rev.

Both are loud, but I feel more comfortable when it cruise, Outlander does better.

http://www.stcars.sg/guides-articles/good-value-for-the-road-145497

http://www.------.com/car-reviews/347/road-test-toyota-wish-1.8/2

Neutral Newbie

Hi all

I am trying to verify if the 2014 Outlander is adopting the new 4J12 engine because it shows 4B12 in the car brochure which I understand that 4B12 is the older version of the engine. Any idea?

Thanks

Hi no offense meant to Wish driver as I am one myself then. Alot depends on the driver. One could be light footer, than you may not even hear any rev, to another it is a heavy footer. It depends on where you hear the rev, is it up slope - ie Road condition play a part. Definitely the Wish will struggle and becomes more vocal. I just drove what I did normally for both cars to work. I can hear both rev, and my old Wish is in stock, there is not even any insulation and with a 4gear, I used to struggle going up at Bayfront, and to move faster, I move 3gear to pick up. Both my wife and mum told me they feel more comfort in the Outlander, nothing I can dispute as women are sensitive. (except for the high step)

You may have misunderstood - I driven the Wish for almost 7years without any major issues, and will have go back to Borneo for their good service. If the COE is $10k, I will gladly renew and drive my Wish again for another 10years. At this point in time, i decide to trade in and pay $70k more for a new car now, or pay $70k to drive the Wish in 3years time.

As for quiet, Wish is not well known for quiet. Of course then you cannot compare it with a Nissan Sunny B13, which I drove, then almost reached 20years, yes, then Wish is very quiet.

hmm… how come compare a mpv vs suv?

I am looking at replacing my NFL wish of 9+ yr. Just checked out the outlander last week. Must say that it has new features not found in my wish (but maybe found in the current wish), like keyless start, auto tailgate, steering control. left/right aircon, etc. but otherwise it's quite basic, and the space is i feel just a shade more cramped than the wish. But the seats configuration is very similar to the wish's.

I think the price is a good selling point, though. OMV $18K, so they were able to sell at $128K.

Also saw the Sorrento besides it. Sorrento beats Outlander prob in every category (without test-driving), but with OMV at $28K, it's selling at around $159K...

The new Wish has keyless, steering control for audio, but no paddle shift or cruise control.

I think also the headlights is now LED, with “manual adjustable” levelling, other plus is the side mirror can be “made” auto fold after parking.

Space wise, 3rd, Wish beats Outlander more, like mentioned, likely the huge wheel arch behind eating into the interior space, plus it has on the second row, the gear/console, so lady have to be careful to sit there, and distracted male driver when they (no choice) spread their legs.. :P

Sorento is another level higher, it has more features, but at $160k is that the new version or the old one?

Premium one with auto tailgate, parking? I asked the premium one with self parking is another $20k higher.

That time I asked, $170-180k, and out of stock too.

Turbocharged

I rather low omv-low selling price-low loan.

But having said that, I prefer sliding doors for multi-seaters.

How much is an SUV tyre anyway? I hear it's more ex but not sure how much more.

• Praise 1

hmm… how come compare a mpv vs suv?

I am looking at replacing my NFL wish of 9+ yr. Just checked out the outlander last week. Must say that it has new features not found in my wish (but maybe found in the current wish), like keyless start, auto tailgate, steering control. left/right aircon, etc. but otherwise it's quite basic, and the space is i feel just a shade more cramped than the wish. But the seats configuration is very similar to the wish's.

I think the price is a good selling point, though. OMV $18K, so they were able to sell at $128K.

Also saw the Sorrento besides it. Sorrento beats Outlander prob in every category (without test-driving), but with OMV at $28K, it's selling at around $159K...

Outlander is very well specced for its price point. Some plasticky bits in the interior but does not feel cheap.

Sorento (new version) is a slightly larger car, on paper more powerful engine and car interior has better feel/build quality than Outlander. But it shows in the OMV. The premium Sorento is pricing about $35-40k higher than the Outlander on promotion.

I don't think you can compare MPV vs SUV - they are different types of drive. If you are not a heavy user of the 3rd row - something like Outlander is actually pretty good value for money and offers a different driving experience vs sedan units. However running cost will definitely be higher vs Nippon MPV, and risks on poorer resale value down the road.

• Praise 1

wow. its good that this thread is active and shows there is keen interest in the outlander.

i checked the tyre. its high profile is not easily found. cost $250 up per tyre.

in addition to some higher fc n road tax. tyre cost is definitely much more x.

as currently it gives 10years on engine n 5years on the rest.

it will makes the resale value more stable n the next owner more assured.

Will cycle and carriage stop being a Mitsubishi's distributor again like what happened in 2010?

They have to give confidence to Mit's owners and have their commitment. It is not just giving 10 years warranty. What happen if 5 years down the road they stop selling Mit's car again? Then where can we claim from?

Factory have to come out more good design and feature car like other brands to attract customer to buy their car.

Kia Sorrento's list price is currently 152,999.

Outlander was sold at a low of 122,999 2 weeks back before the COE rise. COE +2k, outlander price +6k.

The new Wish has keyless, steering control for audio, but no paddle shift or cruise control.

I think also the headlights is now LED, with “manual adjustable” levelling, other plus is the side mirror can be “made” auto fold after parking.

Space wise, 3rd, Wish beats Outlander more, like mentioned, likely the huge wheel arch behind eating into the interior space, plus it has on the second row, the gear/console, so lady have to be careful to sit there, and distracted male driver when they (no choice) spread their legs.. :P

Sorento is another level higher, it has more features, but at $160k is that the new version or the old one?

Premium one with auto tailgate, parking? I asked the premium one with self parking is another $20k higher.

That time I asked, $170-180k, and out of stock too.

Outlander was sold at a low of 122,999 2 weeks back before the COE rise. COE +2k, outlander price +6k.

But compare Sorrento and Outlander, I will choose Outlander. It is value for money.

• Praise 1

Will cycle and carriage stop being a Mitsubishi's distributor again like what happened in 2010?

They have to give confidence to Mit's owners and have their commitment. It is not just giving 10 years warranty. What happen if 5 years down the road they stop selling Mit's car again? Then where can we claim from?

Factory have to come out more good design and feature car like other brands to attract customer to buy their car.

as long as c&c is around n the brand mit is around. its a legal binding. at least for five years.

the next five i think is offered by c&c. nothing to do with mit. well, if merc n kia is around, you wont worry abt it too much.

its same like when u buying toyota. depends on borneo motors.

i doubt anyone will get it at 122k. the package should be 6bids non guarantee.

why will they bid for u at low coe when they have definitely have on hands high open cat coe value

at $70k n more. its logic. order could be for eg 10. they have 5 open cat. they have bid for

5 cat b n another 5 open cat. how they price in future depends how much open cat they secures.

otherwise how they advertise a price? it depends on how much value of open cat n

also margin they can make from it. after six round of bids, depends on the open cat they may have or if they managed to secure a coe for u, you may not get your car unless top up.

i thought c&c control the coe? but maybe more applicable to merc (since highest margin and best seller)? for citroen, kia and mit they will use the cheapskate strategy and ask pple to top up after coe rise?

i doubt anyone will get it at 122k. the package should be 6bids non guarantee.
why will they bid for u at low coe when they have definitely have on hands high open cat coe value
at $70k n more. its logic. order could be for eg 10. they have 5 open cat. they have bid for
5 cat b n another 5 open cat. how they price in future depends how much open cat they secures.

otherwise how they advertise a price? it depends on how much value of open cat n
also margin they can make from it. after six round of bids, depends on the open cat they may have or if they managed to secure a coe for u, you may not get your car unless top up.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1