Mitsubishi Outlander

Benjamintoh

as long as c&c is around n the brand mit is around. its a legal binding. at least for five years.

the next five i think is offered by c&c. nothing to do with mit. well, if merc n kia is around, you wont worry abt it too much.

its same like when u buying toyota. depends on borneo motors.

So you are speaking on behalf of C&C? Can arrange a test drive for me?

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

as long as c&c is around n the brand mit is around. its a legal binding. at least for five years.

the next five i think is offered by c&c. nothing to do with mit. well, if merc n kia is around, you wont worry abt it too much.

its same like when u buying toyota. depends on borneo motors.

I think the consumers are not worry on BM because their car is selling like hot cake. BM does not need to stop the distributorship like what C&C did.

• Praise 1

So you are speaking on behalf of C&C? Can arrange a test drive for me?

Thanks

sure quote my name, they can give me some commission.

I think the consumers are not worry on BM because their car is selling like hot cake. BM does not need to stop the distributorship like what C&C did.

the brand sell itself but it may head the nokia way if they dont improvish.

as ex customer.

c&c is under jardine. it is their mgt decision to stop, and cut loose, focus on areas where ebit is hit.

same like tan chong who does allow a few dealership to some other companies.

it get confusing when some customer asked abt warranty n support if they got from authorised dealer than TC itself.

its a biz decision they decide, layman like us no point second guess.

if u have no confident in the brand dont buy.

if you like it and go with yr heart more than brain go get it. (heart say yes, brain say 2.4, FC, road tax, maintenance etc)

• Praise 2

Outlander is very well specced for its price point. Some plasticky bits in the interior but does not feel cheap.

Sorento (new version) is a slightly larger car, on paper more powerful engine and car interior has better feel/build quality than Outlander. But it shows in the OMV. The premium Sorento is pricing about $35-40k higher than the Outlander on promotion.

I don't think you can compare MPV vs SUV - they are different types of drive. If you are not a heavy user of the 3rd row - something like Outlander is actually pretty good value for money and offers a different driving experience vs sedan units. However running cost will definitely be higher vs Nippon MPV, and risks on poorer resale value down the road.

Both Outlander and Sorrento are 2.4l.

Yes, the significantly higher OMV (~56% difference) of Sorrento does make it a lot less attractive, unless owner has spare cash. Sorrento is prob a middle ground for those who looks up to the conti SUVs (volvo, audi, BMW) but don't want to pay the premium. And I'll say it's not a bad try.

Outlander is targeting those who wants a SUV at an attractive price.

Indeed MPVs are supposed to be very different from SUVs, but the line is blurring nowadays, not lest because the dealers do not have comprehensive range of products and so try to convert customers. Eg. I had asked C&C if they have MPVs, and they told me to consider the Sorrento and Outlander… Just because they have 7-seats does not mean they are MPVs, but they do serve the function of carrying 7 people...

• Praise 1

Actually c&c got MPV....the Citroën Grand Picasso. ..wah...even their own c&c staff cannot recall or bear in mind. ..jialat. ..

Turbocharged

Actually c&c got MPV....the Citroën Grand Picasso. ..wah...even their own c&c staff cannot recall or bear in mind. ..jialat. ..

Wait recommend...later kenna blacklisted by the buyer in MCF

Anyone knows the brand of the optional in-car recorder for the Outlander?

How is the accuracy of the locally fitted GPS unit?

I was told by the SE who served me that none of those who ordered at $122k got it the previous round. All were asked to top up $5k.

The price now is $128k for guaranteed COE this Wed. So, most likely Cat B will go up and up again.

wow, that's not very nice! so in the end, the lowest purchase price so far is 128k?

I was told by the SE who served me that none of those who ordered at $122k got it the previous round. All were asked to top up $5k.

The price now is $128k for guaranteed COE this Wed. So, most likely Cat B will go up and up again.

Edited by subarudreamer

This is a typical AD tactic of luring client in with low price n "tikum" to get the coe, failing which then ask client top up n my guess is that more than half of clients will top up cos the heart is set on getting the car. Not many will hv the discipline to walk away. I know coz years ago I did the same!!

• Praise 6

This is a typical AD tactic of luring client in with low price n "tikum" to get the coe, failing which then ask client top up n my guess is that more than half of clients will top up cos the heart is set on getting the car. Not many will hv the discipline to walk away. I know coz years ago I did the same!!

C&C such a big organisation need to do that?

Surprising! Disappointed! Like that how to support them? May be they are not interested in promoting Mitsubishi car.

Mercedes can bring in more money.

Surprising! Disappointed! Like that how to support them? May be they are not interested in promoting Mitsubishi car.

Mitsubishi also don't have any much models to promote in the 1st place. Look at their main japanese website & you will noe that they are barely hanging on their lives.

same for the cactus also at 99.99k previously, se said may have to top up some median of 2-3k, max 5k. so u r rite.

• Praise 1

they earn the highest margins from mercedes. when u go mercedes, SE can tell u 100% can get, there is no such thing as non-guaranteed. for the lower margin citroen, kia, mitsubishi, we have seen for ourselves it is a world of difference.

• Praise 3

So I was quite right to mention the price of $122k nobody got it?

I wont say its the price point to lure buyer, but to anticipate the price they suppose to sell at the lowest margin with the open cat they have on hand.

If you don't waiting for 6rounds of bid, see what happens. Depending on the COE (open cat) they have on hand, they may want you to top up. If you are lucky, the current crop of open Cat COE drops, then you may get it at $122k.

I believe alot depends on the open cat COE, if this category of COE is withdraw, there could be some drastic changes in the price point car dealer advertised their car prices.

Reason - they won't be able to advertise a price on the papers how much is their car with eg. they have 10 open Cat they managed to secure at $70k. They seriously need to bid at just $70k in the next bid. So it may be very difficult to clear their backlog, and COE may go up and up.

The open COE, let any car dealer "store" their bank, sell some cars, and also bid some COE.

At least they can still move some cars in a furious month of COE bid using expiring open Cat COE.

Either that, get the package with guarantee COE, I think that will be more X by $2-3k.

they earn the highest margins from mercedes. when u go mercedes, SE can tell u 100% can get, there is no such thing as non-guaranteed. for the lower margin citroen, kia, mitsubishi, we have seen for ourselves it is a world of difference.

They different cars served different needs of the people. Mostly Cat A.

Merc is should be the same - but fatter margin allows them to bid more agressively, and use open Cat COE.

Their service is much better, I happened to visit them, they have massage chair, serving you coffee personally.

• Praise 1

Can someone post the picture on the fuel consumption after the ride?

I saw under Nissan QashQai 2014 post 1788, some one post the fuel consumption of 17.5km/L.

Another one under New Harrier post 2021, someone post the fuel consumption of 19.6km/L.

Very hard to believe leh!

From the fuel consumption, it's not just indicate the fuel efficiency of the car. It is showing us the technology the manufacturer can produce.

• Praise 2

I saw under Nissan QashQai 2014 post 1788, some one post the fuel consumption of 17.5km/L.

Another one under New Harrier post 2021, someone post the fuel consumption of 19.6km/L.

From the fuel consumption, it's not just indicate the fuel efficiency of the car. It is showing us the technology the manufacturer can produce.

The thing is some guys just take the reading of a certain journey and say that is the fuel consumption of the car. Obviously if you travelling all the way on expressway without much jams, the figures would look good. For me, I do the traditional way of total mileage divided by the fill to the brim amount in litres. This way more accurate cos it averages both the city driving and highway driving and do this a few times to get the average.

• Praise 5

hahahaha...i share your sentiment. the figures really too yummy.

actually the FC shown on board are real times and do reflect the real FC. But a more accurate one will be taken not from a short trip but rather over a few days or a tank that gives better reflection.

i once got 25km/L and thats because i was cruising down from genting highlights [sunny]

The thing is some guys just take the reading of a certain journey and say that is the fuel consumption of the car. Obviously if you travelling all the way on expressway without much jams, the figures would look good. For me, I do the traditional way of total mileage divided by the fill to the brim amount in litres. This way more accurate cos it averages both the city driving and highway driving and do this a few times to get the average.

the manual calculation coincides with my on board FC. [nod]

↡ Advertisement