Mitsubishi Outlander

Benjamintoh

The thing is some guys just take the reading of a certain journey and say that is the fuel consumption of the car. Obviously if you travelling all the way on expressway without much jams, the figures would look good. For me, I do the traditional way of total mileage divided by the fill to the brim amount in litres. This way more accurate cos it averages both the city driving and highway driving and do this a few times to get the average.

I do agree with your point, that's why I am asking someone who are driving this Outlander post the display picture here. Then it will be apple compare to apple.

If the meter can't even show this kind of mileage, then we don't need to talk about the real calculation.

↡ Advertisement

hahahaha...i share your sentiment. the figures really too yummy.

actually the FC shown on board are real times and do reflect the real FC. But a more accurate one will be taken not from a short trip but rather over a few days or a tank that gives better reflection.

i once got 25km/L and thats because i was cruising down from genting highlights [sunny]

the manual calculation coincides with my on board FC. [nod]

Your point on taking over few days and over a tank or more is the correct way and that's why your manual calculation comes out similar. I know of a colleague who also got impressive figures till I queried how he did it and he just used the figures from the daily trip he takes to office at an early hour via expressway, not taking the short trips he makes and weekends when load is heavier etc. [laugh]

• Praise 5

they earn the highest margins from mercedes. when u go mercedes, SE can tell u 100% can get, there is no such thing as non-guaranteed. for the lower margin citroen, kia, mitsubishi, we have seen for ourselves it is a world of difference.

I concur.

I have placed an order with C&C on a Merc and even before the vehicle arrives in Singapore, They have placed a single bid of S$80,000 on a COE that is expected to drop below S$70K.

Can someone post the picture on the fuel consumption after the ride?

I saw under Nissan QashQai 2014 post 1788, some one post the fuel consumption of 17.5km/L.

Another one under New Harrier post 2021, someone post the fuel consumption of 19.6km/L.

Very hard to believe leh!

From the fuel consumption, it's not just indicate the fuel efficiency of the car. It is showing us the technology the manufacturer can produce.

My real life milage is ~ 10-11km/L but I did highway 70% 30% extra urban.

For very early traffic it can easily hit 12km/L.

Please refer to my earlier thread on the FC posted which includes the Pic.

You may have missed the thread.

For really short trip when I run errands, i will be getting 8KM/L.

This is using Eco mood, and light foot.

• Praise 1

Can someone post the picture on the fuel consumption after the ride?

I saw under Nissan QashQai 2014 post 1788, some one post the fuel consumption of 17.5km/L.

Another one under New Harrier post 2021, someone post the fuel consumption of 19.6km/L.

Very hard to believe leh!

From the fuel consumption, it's not just indicate the fuel efficiency of the car. It is showing us the technology the manufacturer can produce.

I was the one who posted the 17.5km/L for Nissan Qashqai 1.2T on 19" rims and tyres. I actually hit 18.9km/L before I exited the highway. So can get more if I had stayed. My average is close to 15km/L

Just sharing [cool]

• Praise 1

I was the one who posted the 17.5km/L for Nissan Qashqai 1.2T on 19" rims and tyres. I actually hit 18.9km/L before I exited the highway. So can get more if I had stayed. My average is close to 15km/L

Just sharing [cool]

Hi Nissan brother,

Thank you for sharing. At least you got the picture to show. Otherwise very difficult for me to believe. Picture tell everything.

Because many sales man trying to promote their car here.

Edited by FastNsteady

hahahaha...i share your sentiment. the figures really too yummy.

actually the FC shown on board are real times and do reflect the real FC. But a more accurate one will be taken not from a short trip but rather over a few days or a tank that gives better reflection.

i once got 25km/L and thats because i was cruising down from genting highlights [sunny]

the manual calculation coincides with my on board FC. [nod]

May I know what are are you driving? can hit 25km/L? Do you have the picture to show?

May I know what are are you driving? can hit 25km/L? Do you have the picture to show?

You do know what is coming down from genting mean..,.....

Hi guys,

I just got my new Outlander this week. So just posting what stands out for me so far:

Pros:

1) Very comfortable and spacious (except for 3rd row leg space)

2) Height is just right (not too high or too low) great for tall guy like me and and manageable for my family

3) Beautiful 18" rims

4) Impressed with the turning radius for such a big car, comparable to my old Sunny

5) Going over humps is so comfortable now, the rear double wishbone suspension does make a difference

Cons:

1) FC is not looking good (I am already on 4WD ECO)

2) Braking needs to be harder (may improve after I switch to proper 4WD after this petrol tank)

3) Two covered compartments only (Sunny has at least 50% more compartment space)

4) No electrical retractable side mirrors (just waiting for someone to hit (hopefully not scratch) my mirrors)

Questions:

1) Anyone experiencing the same braking issue as me? Any recommendations to improve the braking?

2) What accessories or modifications would you do to enhance your new Outlander?

Aros

• Praise 2

Hi guys,

I just got my new Outlander this week. So just posting what stands out for me so far:

Pros:

1) Very comfortable and spacious (except for 3rd row leg space)

2) Height is just right (not too high or too low) great for tall guy like me and and manageable for my family

3) Beautiful 18" rims

4) Impressed with the turning radius for such a big car, comparable to my old Sunny

5) Going over humps is so comfortable now, the rear double wishbone suspension does make a difference

Cons:

1) FC is not looking good (I am already on 4WD ECO)

2) Braking needs to be harder (may improve after I switch to proper 4WD after this petrol tank)

3) Two covered compartments only (Sunny has at least 50% more compartment space)

4) No electrical retractable side mirrors (just waiting for someone to hit (hopefully not scratch) my mirrors)

Questions:

1) Anyone experiencing the same braking issue as me? Any recommendations to improve the braking?

2) What accessories or modifications would you do to enhance your new Outlander?

Aros

Welcome, it is always good to see a new bro joining the Outlander. Please post a pic if you can.

I was wondering if we want to have separate thread for existing owner or a new group at FB, so we can shared tips, bulk buys etc.

Back to your qns -

1) What is your driving condition like, heavy foot, time n place of travel etc? I did 5km/L today when I was in a jam moving 50metres every five minutes, and sprint to next light. My indulgence to rush home on a Fri evening. Normally I did 10-11km/L 70 urban 30 extra urban.

2) Brake does not help even with 4WD, it is matter of the "soft" brake feel. You just have to be careful on this. But the ABS, and whatever tech works fine when you ram the brake in full. Happens once when I need to do that on the expressway. Just keep a proper distance from the vehicle in front, it saves you petrol, and also safety (as well as chips thrown by the vehicle in front)

At this moment I will not recommend any drastic changes, as warranty may get voided. Lets see it when you need to change brake in 2years time. A ceramic brake type and steel brake linings may help.

3) I did some stuffs after I got my car, nothing major, LED lights on doors, rear dimming mirror, sub woofer, got myself a customised Outlander 3M mat. (I have all the contacts)

On the local front, not much accessories available. I may get myself a KNN air filter which I used in good effect on my previous car. Now I am monitoring my FC, so prefer to keep everything stock, and update the brothers proper. Otherwise now any mod added, you are not sure if its the "Poison" effect or the so called advertised "12.8km/L" mileage claim.

Remember now you drive a higher vehicle, cornering and tackling them at high speed gives you more roll than a lower profile car. Same for humps, uneven road, if you go high speed over them, you feel more than other cars. This is the trait of this SUV. Treat your car like your old car, you will feel more luxurious and comfort, than your older ride.

Enjoy your ride, and keep in touch, if you need more info on this beauty.

• Praise 1

Ebay and Amazon :D . Wow the new facelift's front looks tons better than the current one! Almost like the PHEV concept!

p6.jpg?ct=bc74b3f8ab91

mitsubishi-outlander-phev-concept-s-prev

The facelifted front seems to look the same, if not better than the concept. The model should move better in due course.

21108709131974044093.jpg

• Praise 3

Welcome, it is always good to see a new bro joining the Outlander. Please post a pic if you can.

I was wondering if we want to have separate thread for existing owner or a new group at FB, so we can shared tips, bulk buys etc.

Back to your qns -

1) What is your driving condition like, heavy foot, time n place of travel etc? I did 5km/L today when I was in a jam moving 50metres every five minutes, and sprint to next light. My indulgence to rush home on a Fri evening. Normally I did 10-11km/L 70 urban 30 extra urban.

2) Brake does not help even with 4WD, it is matter of the "soft" brake feel. You just have to be careful on this. But the ABS, and whatever tech works fine when you ram the brake in full. Happens once when I need to do that on the expressway. Just keep a proper distance from the vehicle in front, it saves you petrol, and also safety (as well as chips thrown by the vehicle in front)

At this moment I will not recommend any drastic changes, as warranty may get voided. Lets see it when you need to change brake in 2years time. A ceramic brake type and steel brake linings may help.

3) I did some stuffs after I got my car, nothing major, LED lights on doors, rear dimming mirror, sub woofer, got myself a customised Outlander 3M mat. (I have all the contacts)

On the local front, not much accessories available. I may get myself a KNN air filter which I used in good effect on my previous car. Now I am monitoring my FC, so prefer to keep everything stock, and update the brothers proper. Otherwise now any mod added, you are not sure if its the "Poison" effect or the so called advertised "12.8km/L" mileage claim.

Remember now you drive a higher vehicle, cornering and tackling them at high speed gives you more roll than a lower profile car. Same for humps, uneven road, if you go high speed over them, you feel more than other cars. This is the trait of this SUV. Treat your car like your old car, you will feel more luxurious and comfort, than your older ride.

Enjoy your ride, and keep in touch, if you need more info on this beauty.

Bwilly,

Thanks for your sharing and safety advice. I am currently driving my Outlander at about 80-90kmh, light-footed and rpm not more than 3000. Although some say new cars no longer need to "run-in", but I still playing it safe and taking time to get used to the new dimension of the car (it is quite an upgrade for me). Will share my FC maybe in a month's time (this few weeks won't be accurate as there will be excessive idling time).

As for accessories, I am thinking of adding a layer of ceramic or liquid glass coating, side door bumper guard, tyre pressure gauge, sound-proofing, rear recording camera and new stereo. Any contacts to recommend?

Question:

1) Isn't 4WD suppose to be better at cornering?

Bwilly,

Thanks for your sharing and safety advice. I am currently driving my Outlander at about 80-90kmh, light-footed and rpm not more than 3000. Although some say new cars no longer need to "run-in", but I still playing it safe and taking time to get used to the new dimension of the car (it is quite an upgrade for me). Will share my FC maybe in a month's time (this few weeks won't be accurate as there will be excessive idling time).

As for accessories, I am thinking of adding a layer of ceramic or liquid glass coating, side door bumper guard, tyre pressure gauge, sound-proofing, rear recording camera and new stereo. Any contacts to recommend?

Question:

1) Isn't 4WD suppose to be better at cornering?

Speed is not matter of affecting your mileage, but start/stop. As your car is now less than 1K, the mineral oil is suppose to lubricate all the engine/parts. In future after using syn oil, the parts will move smoother. And your FC will be better. I already did 10km/L, if yours is worst, than it could be alot of heavy traffic. I seldom hit above 2k rpm.

I am not too sure why there is alot of excessive idling time? Do you start your engine and let it idle before moving? Current cars there is no such need any more, just dont rev it hard during the first few mins to let the engine warm up instead.

As for your wants I did check out some of the coating, I can share with you some contact - look under sierraglow or revol.com.sg they have glass bead tech which spray a thin coat over your paint. Better lasting than waxing. As I have a tuff kofe 6 given, I may look at it 6months later.

I find the sound and insulation so far acceptable. I will recommend you save the monies for other upgrades - like better brakes, KNN air filter. Tyre pressure - do a monthly pump at Petrol kisok should do.

As this car has most of the features, I do not foresee myself upgrading anything in the future.

The tyres will set you back around $250 a pc. I only paid $500 for four 15" last time. I am checking out SUV tyres, tyre queen do not stock any such profile, but tyrepac has.

Kumho seem to have a brand of such profile, you can check them below.

http://www.sgcarmart.com/products/overview.php?ID=6395

Outlandder has auto feature, when the need is necessary, the 4WD will activate. So don't worry about it being still on 2WD. Remember its a tall vehicle, you can still corner at higher speed, but your body and passengers (esp wife) will complain -- the car (tyres) may grip, but the G force inside a tall vehicle may throw you off further than a salon car. I have my things fly off the dashboard whenever I do a fast turn or U-turn.

Guideline for a tall vehicle is - drive it leisurely. You can do fast on the expressway, but tackling corner fast is not too recommended.

• Praise 1

wait this monster coming:

4x4 V6 3.0L 258bhp 6 speed AT

14361997172037_2740368_14.JPG14361996375505_2740364_14.JPG

brilliant [thumbsup], much better than Outlander

I like this one, unfortunately Singapore not import [:(]

Edited by MQX87511
  • Praise 2

Hi Bwilly/current owners

- How long does it usually take from the sales agreement signing, to the actual delivery of the car?

- What is the brand of the locally fitted in car entertainment? Is the make and sound quality acceptable?

- How is the accuracy of the GPS? Are the maps updated, and will they be updatable in future?

- @bwilly: Which brand of subwoofer did you install? Will the subwoofer take up a lot of boot space?

• Praise 1

Hi Bwilly/current owners

- How long does it usually take from the sales agreement signing, to the actual delivery of the car?

- What is the brand of the locally fitted in car entertainment? Is the make and sound quality acceptable?

- How is the accuracy of the GPS? Are the maps updated, and will they be updatable in future?

- @bwilly: Which brand of subwoofer did you install? Will the subwoofer take up a lot of boot space?

Hi,

Some of the qns only yourself or the agent, will know.

1) Depends on what COE in your package, if its 6 bid non-guarantee, chances don't when? If its like mine, 1st bid guarantee, I got it within 2weeks, for paper works on insurance, financing, fixing up all the optional additionals - GPS, tuff coat, sun flim etc.

2 & 3) Please go test drive (Euro style).

4) Sub woofer is from my ex-ride, doing pretty ok. There are two lobang in the front seats, you can slot them in there, won't take up

seating/boot space.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1