2014 X-Trail

Quantum

it's still sitting in my boot. Yet to decide if i should even bother installing because there are some sharp edges.

171USD ???

It costs a fraction of that in Taobao.

Anyone here notices the car speakers are not balanced in RADIO mode? 

For me, the left side speaker is much louder than right side, creating a skewed listening experiences. I went into to audio setting (the icon on the top right side of the radio screen, then click the balance icon on bottom right) and check the speaker icon is already centered there. If i do a testing by moving the reddot to the right (meaning only play from right side speaker), the sound is very soft as compared to i move the reddot to the left in which case it is very loud. 

The service centre guy has no clue. And i found this is NOT the case in DVD and Bluetooth mode whereas the speaker are well balanced. So suspect is is a software/firewall issue. Do you have the same problem? 

Anyone here notices the car speakers are not balanced in RADIO mode?

For me, the left side speaker is much louder than right side, creating a skewed listening experiences. I went into to audio setting (the icon on the top right side of the radio screen, then click the balance icon on bottom right) and check the speaker icon is already centered there. If i do a testing by moving the reddot to the right (meaning only play from right side speaker), the sound is very soft as compared to i move the reddot to the left in which case it is very loud.

The service centre guy has no clue. And i found this is NOT the case in DVD and Bluetooth mode whereas the speaker are well balanced. So suspect is is a software/firewall issue. Do you have the same problem?

From the Drivers seat or passenger? I'all try n see if there's a difference

It should be your head unit issue. For me, I have the issue of the rear speaker having no sound most of the time and when you are using the setting to set it to that speaker only. The sound will comes out after you increase the volume. I requested for a change in TCM but the audio service guy say that it is not the Head unit problems without even checking. I go bang table until they change for me... now swee swee ok liao..

It should be your head unit issue. For me, I have the issue of the rear speaker having no sound most of the time and when you are using the setting to set it to that speaker only. The sound will comes out after you increase the volume. I requested for a change in TCM but the audio service guy say that it is not the Head unit problems without even checking. I go bang table until they change for me... now swee swee ok liao..

I wonder can it be done with just firmware update since it is not hardware issue? Will check out with TC.

china x-trail different from ours

some parts can't fit.

I got this delivered last week and it didn't seem to fit in fully. I think getting from Taobao is a hit and miss kinda thing. Any fellow XTers with the same problems?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/2pcs-set-Car-Accessories-2014-2015-X-Trail-Xtrail-Stainless-Steel-Trunk-Plate-Guard-Plate-For/32359019082.html?spm=2114.10010108.1000014.9.aRawtp&scm=1007.13338.46806.0&pvid=217bb01d-b8f8-496c-b132-0d04b7e6918b&tpp=1

it's still sitting in my boot. Yet to decide if i should even bother installing because there are some sharp edges.

i bought from tao bao. something similar. about 20+ nia

don't bother with aliexpress. too exp

i'm looking at buying some stuff from taobao. but probably do it before 11/11

although slightly cheaper but not worth the delay and potential lost item etc.

Anyone plan on buying anything from Taobao for the upcoming 11/11?

Is X-Trail steering wheel electric or hydraulic? Remember could feel it very light during test drive and SE said it was electric. Don't feel mine that light. Any idea?

• Praise 1

Is X-Trail steering wheel electric or hydraulic? Remember could feel it very light during test drive and SE said it was electric. Don't feel mine that light. Any idea?

Should be electric. I remember it being quite light during my test drive. Read from other sites that it will weigh down a little on higher speed. Is that what u feel?

Electronically assisted.

Electronically assisted.

Maybe too long on the wheel and don't feel the light weight anymore. Wonder if this is adjustable, light .... lighter?

Hi all, i faced a problem with my HU playing mp3 from sd card. It only play one of my selected file and did not move on to play other files in the same folder. Is there anyway to get the HU to play all the songs continously in the same folder ? O tot this should be basic function that all mp3 player can do ??

Hi all, i faced a problem with my HU playing mp3 from sd card. It only play one of my selected file and did not move on to play other files in the same folder. Is there anyway to get the HU to play all the songs continously in the same folder ? O tot this should be basic function that all mp3 player can do ??

I remember there is an icon on screen to toggle different play mode including repeat, did you try that?

Electronically assisted.

Remember someone mentioned probably in qashqai thread that steering can be change to "sport" mode to feel heavier. I cannot find such setting, can one can verify?

X-Trail comes with a not maintenance free battery. Had been using maintenance free batteries in old rides for too long. How often you guys check the battery water?

There's a small button on the gear shift that you can press to go to "Sport" mode. Haven't really tried it before though.

Remember someone mentioned probably in qashqai thread that steering can be change to "sport" mode to feel heavier. I cannot find such setting, can one can verify?

↡ Advertisement