2014 X-Trail

Quantum

I believe it's to be fair to them since they provided the service to you, the commission should go to them too if you sign on the dotted line. It's a common practice but not sure if it applies to TC. Anyway I wasn't too pleased with the service rendered when I first visited their showroom so I didn't ask for a test drive. I only test drove when I visited a second time several weeks later when i was served by a nice SE.

Got a qn...if i dun like my SE,how long do i had to wait b4 i can approach another?

Go to another show room to book Loh...TC has three showrooms and I don't think they forbid this.

Edited by Stdfrank

Typical tie down period is usually 1 bidding cycle, i.e. 2 weeks.

You will be tie down once the SE "locks" you in. This "locking in" applies across all the branches, to the best of my knowledge. However, this "locking" is just to protect the interest of the SE and is not mandatory. Some SEs are generous enough not to tie down customers who test drove. So, test driving does not means you are automatically "locked" to the SE.

Even if "locked", can be easily unlocked by the new SE (whom you are buying from) paying the original SE (whom you test drove with) a commission. This actually happened with my friend who brought a QQ from my SE. My friend was not comfortable with the original SE who was pestering her.

However, do note that out of common business etiquette, SEs usually will not attempt to unlock a potential customer from another SE of the same branch. Not friendly...

The bigger question is: Do you want to sign now with

1) The very high price now

2) A weakening Cat B COE even with the expo show?

If not, wait for a few rounds and see how the COE goes. By then, you are automatically unlocked. [:)]

I tot once test drive, will be tied to the SE for sometime?

Typical tie down period is usually 1 bidding cycle, i.e. 2 weeks.

You will be tie down once the SE "locks" you in. This "locking in" applies across all the branches, to the best of my knowledge. However, this "locking" is just to protect the interest of the SE and is not mandatory. Some SEs are generous enough not to tie down customers who test drove. So, test driving does not means you are automatically "locked" to the SE.

Even if "locked", can be easily unlocked by the new SE (whom you are buying from) paying the original SE (whom you test drove with) a commission. This actually happened with my friend who brought a QQ from my SE. My friend was not comfortable with the original SE who was pestering her.

However, do note that out of common business etiquette, SEs usually will not attempt to unlock a potential customer from another SE of the same branch. Not friendly...

The bigger question is: Do you want to sign now with

1) The very high price now

2) A weakening Cat B COE even with the expo show?

If not, wait for a few rounds and see how the COE goes. By then, you are automatically unlocked. [:)]

Same sentiments

1 month back was probably 125k.. now...

Wait for a while, if you can loh...

For some strange reason, TC does not price their cars in tandem with the COE prices. Quite weird...

Anyway, PM me if you need a good SE. Recommend you mine. And no, my SE does not lock people in!

Same sentiments

1 month back was probably 125k.. now...

Wait for a while, if you can loh...

For some strange reason, TC does not price their cars in tandem with the COE prices. Quite weird...

Anyway, PM me if you need a good SE. Recommend you mine. And no, my SE does not lock people in!

Wilk consider after CNY.. if 138k.. can buy harrier already

Look for a good PI please. Hear enough horror stories of PI chut pattern with delaying deliveries/refunds for non successful COE bidding or close shop and run road.

That one hor, can :TT_TT:  :TT_TT:  :a-bang:  :a-bang:

Wilk consider after CNY.. if 138k.. can buy harrier already

Elegance lor

The functions that come with elegance is too basic. Then you would be getting harrier for sake of getting a harrier.

As far as features are concerned. You would have to get the premium panoramic to have a fair comparison to the xtrail.

• Praise 1

The functions that come with elegance is too basic. Then you would be getting harrier for sake of getting a harrier.

As far as features are concerned. You would have to get the premium panoramic to have a fair comparison to the xtrail.

Well.. i like both for the space..3rd row, good to have, not a must

Fc wise, guess harrier fare better

There's always an old saying - "its a toyota". Hahaha

I have to agree that Harrier elegance comes with too little features for that price - as compared to X-Trail. Friends driving Harrier told me that the driving experience is quite sluggish / underpowered. Nevertheless Harrier is a popular choice for buyers looking for mid-size SUVs.