2014 X-Trail

Quantum

Often I heard that TC replied 'normal' when complaints were brought to them. In this case, their test-drive cars should have the same symptom. Should verify with it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Often I heard that TC replied 'normal' when complaints were brought to them. In this case, their test-drive cars should have the same symptom. Should verify with it.

it is normal that they say normal. 

Anyone able to fix the issue where the volume turns Low when conversing on Bluetooth connection?

Yes, I also want to know is there a way to fix this? Is it because I am using android. My Wife iphone seems better.

Anyone able to fix the issue where the volume turns Low when conversing on Bluetooth connection?

This issue it's because your device probably your phone volume was put on Low, I've tried adjusting my phone sound settings to about 3/5 volume then the adjustment with the default radios won't be so much diff

If you use Bluetooth, the sound follows the volume on your device

anyone encounter a squeaking sound in the steering wheel when turning?

i brought up during my last servicing. they say it's normal.

but it seem to be getting louder and so far no one else in the x-trail whatsapp group has it.

anyone encounter a squeaking sound in the steering wheel when turning?

i brought up during my last servicing. they say it's normal.

but it seem to be getting louder and so far no one else in the x-trail whatsapp group has it.

Damn, I'm having the same squeaking sound as you, I tot it might be because I put the car outdoor during my work and the car gets dry..I think this isn't normal, maybe need to ask them to put some grease in it

This issue it's because your device probably your phone volume was put on Low, I've tried adjusting my phone sound settings to about 3/5 volume then the adjustment with the default radios won't be so much diff

Damn, I'm having the same squeaking sound as you, I tot it might be because I put the car outdoor during my work and the car gets dry..I think this isn't normal, maybe need to ask them to put some grease in it

Apparently it's the spiral cable issue.

Need to make a bit noise at the SA and insist that it's not acceptable. Otherwise they will just say normal and tell you to accept it

Thanks for sharing, that could be the reason as I usually mute my phone. Will try adjusting phone volume to see the effact.

What a disappointment and heart pain!

During collection of my car after 5k servicing at UBI found these obvious scratches and mis-aligned front bumper. Waiting for UBI service guy to resolve the issue.

I have been very careful myself yet these guys gave me this  [mad].  What are my options?

post-181082-0-95706600-1482240831_thumb.jpg

post-181082-0-55354100-1482240838_thumb.jpg

post-181082-0-57673100-1482241099_thumb.jpg

post-181082-0-30079600-1482241167_thumb.jpg

Edited by Xtrailer

During collection of my car after 5k servicing at UBI found these obvious scratches and mis-aligned front bumper. Waiting for UBI service guy to resolve the issue.

I have been very careful myself yet these guys gave me this [mad]. What are my options?

That's terrible! I hope they compensate u appropriately.

Neutral Newbie

How to deal with the situation that they retort that it was already like that when you sent in for servicing, just that the agent did not note it down on the servicing chit?

How to deal with the situation that they retort that it was already like that when you sent in for servicing, just that the agent did not note it down on the servicing chit?

when you send in the car, if any damage is not marked on the job sheet, and it is found when you receive the car, it is on them.

so before you drive off, please check.

I have been very careful myself yet these guys gave me this  [mad].  What are my options?

unfortunately... nothing u can do... 

singapore is pro business... n you do not have deep pockets like them...

so suck it up... 

when you send in the car, if any damage is not marked on the job sheet, and it is found when you receive the car, it is on them.

so before you drive off, please check.

yes, the service guy is supposed to check the body and mark any abnormality. In my case, I have pointed out a separate scratch to them and asked them help touch up. The guy has not recorded any other scratches when taking in my car. 

NS: My own caused scratch was at the tailgate edge caused by myself when opening tailgate too close to a small tree - so fellow xtrailers, beware to leave enough clearance when opening tailgate. 

Also, for my case, it was so obvious that have no reason not to see it. Particularly during car washing, the dark lines and and black plastic must not pass visual inspection of any kind. So I suspect it was caused after washing. 

To be fair to TC, they did not deny their responsibility of repairing the damage. They said need to do investigation, so I provided all my recorded files of the in-car camera.  For now as I need the car for the next few days, will go back to them again next week. 

Neutral Newbie

Selling my beloved black Nissan x trail 2016 March due to overseas posting. COE 54k, Arf 23k mileage 16k.

$110,000 firm. Interested parties sms 92995760.

Rented an X-Trail ST 2.5L for a couple of weeks down under recently. My FR:

First thing that struck me was how 'hollow' the doors sounded. Typically jap feel maciam tin can and unexpected of any new car in 2016, let alone a 'rugged' SUV. Steering quite devoid of feel and din like the CVT at all. Driving experience was very A to B and didn't quite enjoy it. Interior quite basic feel. Overall impression is a car that's built down to a price to fill a market niche. Not sure if this ST model was a special rental car spec or what.

On the plus side, the 2.5L engine was quite smooth & quiet (when not pedal to the metal - partly the CVT to blame). Power was adequate but not very torquey.

Just sharing my own experience from another perspective. Feel free to disagree (I'm aware this is an XT thread n some may expect only positive comments on it...)

post-1105-0-39725700-1482576948_thumb.jpg

• Praise 1

Somehow i felt that rented car specs all really bare..

Same when i went US n Aussie

All very basic with cruise control.. drive already feel very sian haha

↡ Advertisement