2014 X-Trail

Quantum

I popped in for a look...no time to test drive though. Equipment fit is good. Better than Outlander. It has second row aircon. But 3rd row very cramped. Even hobbits will find it cramp. The seats are very comfortable though with both driver and passenger getting electric adjustable seats. Price is about 145k.

again CVT?

• Praise 1

Went to see the new X Trail last sun, i would say it's really worth the price. At slightly less than $150k. You get panoramic sunroof, cruise control, electronic tailgate, keyless entry, rear aircon, 7 seaters etc. Just doesn't know will it be underpower as it's a 2.0L CVT engine?

• Praise 2

Went to see the new X Trail last sun, i would say it's really worth the price. At slightly less than $150k. You get panoramic sunroof, cruise control, electronic tailgate, keyless entry, rear aircon, 7 seaters etc. Just doesn't know will it be underpower as it's a 2.0L CVT engine?

don't worry CVT, especially from Japan,

Japanese always has the trandition to learn others technology then carry forward to become the lead of the technology :D

now almost all Japanese automakers to apply CVT in their mainstream models

Test drove the X-Trail yesterday. Right foot needed to be heavier for it to take off but when you floor it the engine/cvt gets noisy. Overall I think its pretty good value. Still undecided between the X and the Qashqai.

• Praise 1

The Mitsubishi Outlander is pretty much the rival vs the X-trail. Only diff is the more powerful 2.4L engine in the Outlander. I think it's cheaper dan the X-trail.

(edited)

Test drove the X-Trail yesterday. Right foot needed to be heavier for it to take off but when you floor it the engine/cvt gets noisy. Overall I think its pretty good value. Still undecided between the X and the Qashqai.

1stly you should decide which one btw7 seat and 5 seat,

then it's easy to choose btw X and Qashqai

Edited by Quantum

If u wanna to have abit of performance, then go for qashqai cos it has the manual mode to play around ur car.

The Mitsubishi Outlander is pretty much the rival vs the X-trail. Only diff is the more powerful 2.4L engine in the Outlander. I think it's cheaper dan the X-trail.

But Outlander fugly sia. :wacko:

I think there is also a 5 years difference in interior comfort between the two models.

• Praise 1

But Outlander fugly sia. :wacko:

Fugly car seems to be the trend. Look at the Juke and Picasso.

I think there is also a 5 years difference in interior comfort between the two models.

Yeah. It does look dated.

Kia sorento beats xtrail n outlander flat

Korean cars are offering better package.

Don't understand why nowadays SUV all trend to build 7 seater, actually it's meaning less I rather remove last row 2 seat for big boot space, can you imagine the feeling of carry 7 passengers on off road

I feel the same but maybe there are users who dont mind squeezing their kids in third row seats while not going off-road eg, schools, hawker cenntres, shopping malls etc and will take away / fold up the third row seats when they go off road without / with less kids? This way it offers some kind of flexibility.

Anyone with experience with Toyota Kruger in Australia? Planning a road trip and deciding between renting Kruger and Pajero. Which is more spacious?

Isnt Kruger based on Landcruiser platform? If it is, the Fruger will be similar to Pajero in terms of interior space.

tested the xtrail this afternoon. didnt manage to really push the car but given my driving style (which is generally light footed), the feel that can has the power and relatively quiet. A lot of features, besides the usual keyless entry, daylight LED, leather seats, rear view camera, 2nd row aircon.......it has auto tail gate, all view cameria (360deg view), electronically adjustable seats, huge screen, sunroof.

BUT....the last row seats are really really small. Suitable for kids and adults for short journey. The entry to the last row is also pretty narrow as there is a limit how much the middle row can move forward.

If compared to Sorento, i would say Sorenta has more space on the 3rd row.

Was quoted 147,988 vs listed price of 149,988. Understand that at least 1 car already sold already. Not sure about the fuel economy.

Rented the previous gen X-Trail w a 2.4L engine & CVT in Oz for a week. Sibei underpowered. With the new one onli 2.0L - tink lagi jialat.

↡ Advertisement