2014 X-Trail

Quantum

It's a working antenna cover. The original mount is still there. All I did was to unscrew the antenna, screw the wired piece which is part of the cover to the mount and just place the whole cover over the mount. The cover looks big on its own but guess the x trail is really that big.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=gry8VKnUqcw

↡ Advertisement

thanks for sharing teaspoons. do share with us your experiences with your xtrail too.

besides installing the shark fin antenna, i am also looking at spraying the rims of the wheels for a different colour. Not sure if its a wise choice to do so....

Turbocharged

Bro can trouble you to take a picture of the instrument clusterwith the LCD display, its to clarify some question I was having with @slowloris25 on the instrument cluster vs the QQ1.2

It's a working antenna cover. The original mount is still there. All I did was to unscrew the antenna, screw the wired piece which is part of the cover to the mount and just place the whole cover over the mount. The cover looks big on its own but guess the x trail is really that big.

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

Bro, I'm picking my x-trail on Friday. The antenna cover looks pretty cool so I'll probably be looking to change to it too! But it seems that the visual garage website is down currently. Are there any alternatives online? Thanks for sharing!

Edited by Void26

Bro, I'm picking my x-trail on Friday. The antenna cover looks pretty cool so I'll probably be looking to change to it too! But it seems that the visual garage website is down currently. Are there any alternatives online? Thanks for sharing!

Just send them an email, they will reply, need to give them the colour code of your car as well which can be found under your bonnet. Then they will spray paint the fin. All in all it took about 2 weeks for the whole process.

Bro can trouble you to take a picture of the instrument clusterwith the LCD display, its to clarify some question I was having with @slowloris25 on the instrument cluster vs the QQ1.2

What do u need to find out?

I think the instrument cluster look the same, only the functions differ , correct me if i am wrong.

Congrats! When did u book e xtrail n what color?send us some pics of it!

I think there r some online sites selling e shark fin antenna.e.g. aliexpress n ebay.

Just wanna confirm if the speedo dial is the same as the pic below which is from the qasqai 1.2

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

For xtrail, the km/hr is at the outer ring while mph is at the inner ring. For qq1.2, its the other way rd.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Just send them an email, they will reply, need to give them the colour code of your car as well which can be found under your bonnet. Then they will spray paint the fin. All in all it took about 2 weeks for the whole process.

What do u need to find out?

Many thanks, bro! I will drop them and email and take it from there! [:p]

[:p]

Neutral Newbie

Congrats! When did u book e xtrail n what color?send us some pics of it!

I think there r some online sites selling e shark fin antenna.e.g. aliexpress n ebay.

Thanks, bro! [laugh] I booked it in January though..color's brilliant white pearl..heard that brilliant black's pretty hot so no stock when I was talking to my salesperson then? Thanks for the recommendation!

Think the next few weeks, will see more X-Trails on the road as my shipment was one of the big batches coming in (According to my salesperson, around 20-30 new units) these few months..

Btw, not sure whether bros over here think pumping Shell V-Power helps for this particular model..as its non-turbo, not sure

whether 98 or V-Power will make a difference though..any thoughts from the bros here? [confused]

Good to see some activity in this thread

Quite rare to see X trails on the road at the moment

I also got the white for my wife - at first we chose the red (because my own car is white), then we

changed to white because we saw the actual car in white and she prefers it

For petrol, I would go with mostly 98 with the occasional tank of V power

Doubt it would make that much of a diff

Good to see some activity in this thread

Quite rare to see X trails on the road at the moment

I also got the white for my wife - at first we chose the red (because my own car is white), then we

changed to white because we saw the actual car in white and she prefers it

For petrol, I would go with mostly 98 with the occasional tank of V power

Doubt it would make that much of a diff

Woah. Looks like there will be a number of whites here. Mines a white too.

Neutral Newbie

post-153970-0-21508900-1432281425_thumb.jpg

Here's my $10 fix to replace the long antenna after hitting every beam at the multi-storey carpark next to Junction 8 Bishan.

attachicon.gifIMG_20150522_154506.jpg

Here's my $10 fix to replace the long antenna after hitting every beam at the multi-storey carpark next to Junction 8 Bishan.

Nice! Is it easy to fix? E x trail original antenna is so long?

Y dun consider the shark fin antenna?

Neutral Newbie

Nice! Is it easy to fix? E x trail original antenna is so long?

Y dun consider the shark fin antenna?

Yes it is easy. Screw off and screw on.

The original one is quite long but the multistorey carpark at Junction 8 was the only place i encountered the problem.

To me, i just wanted a quick and easy fix, moreover it's on the top where i can't even see.

As long as it works, it's good enough for me.

↡ Advertisement