Cost to change the 3 belts (alternator/aircon/serpentine?)

Tinytok

Hi,

as subjected, whats the cost n material to change the 3 belts?

↡ Advertisement

(edited)

Actually these belts dun cost much. It's the labour that will be more costly. Depending on your car, how challenging it is for the mechanic to get to and replace them. Time to complete the job is a factor coz usually workshops calculate labour cost largely based on time, the mechanic's pay and how much they want to make a profit. It's also a good idea to replace the belt tensioner at the same time.

It's better you give a call to the workshops you want to go to and get a couple of quotes. You won't go far asking from here.

Edited by Watwheels

Neutral Newbie

My garage warning me about to change my serpentine belt because is cracked, I would your opinion is cracked or not ?

My Civic have 80k KM  but my belt seem ok !

post-220964-0-86316300-1529595330_thumb.jpg

(edited)

Hi,

as subjected, whats the cost n material to change the 3 belts?

Like Watwheels     mentioned, the belt is cheap. you mentioned Serpentine belt,  the multi v shape belt  should already be driving the alternator and probably compressor as well,  are you sure you need to replace so many belts?  you may want to state your brand and model , ask for a quote and share with the bros here  for comment. ask the mechanic to assess if the tensioner pulley is in good working condition or need to be replaced  as well. 

If I remember correctly, my E200 Multi V belt was about S$40(or maybe even S$20 but i dont want to understate it). excluding labour.

My Axio only got timing belt so cheaper...

Your axio cant possibly be beltless. Should have at least one or two belts in addition to timing belt.

Edited by Ct3833

I changed mine for about 60.

Nowadays, cars should have one serpentine belt to drive everything - air con compressor, water pump, alternator, power steering pump etc.

TS, confirm that your car has 3 different belts?

My garage warning me about to change my serpentine belt because is cracked, I would your opinion is cracked or not ?

My Civic have 80k KM  but my belt seem ok !

one way to know if the belt has crack on it is to visually see on the belt surface. if there is crack it will looks like this. 

serpentine-belt-replacement.jpg

↡ Advertisement